Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Mord

51 minutes ago, Heinrich505 said:

Mord,

Really great shots. The first one looks kind of like a picture taken of a model in a diorama. Very nice effect. 😎

Heinrich505

Thanks, man. I am in a whole nuther universe with this new toy.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

2 hours ago, IanL said:

Is it possible to use reshade to get the depth of field effect without messing with the colour rendering?

I believe so. With a Reshade installed, I think if you only enable the depth of field effect (there are a few iirc) and nothing else, you should be all set. 

@Mord Great looking screenshots! Looking forward to what you come up with using Reshade. 

@37mm Another excellent video! I wish I had the time right now to pump out a few myself. Keep up the good work!

Pulled out an old Shock Force battle I downloaded years ago and had lots of fun playing. Its been years but I don't recall it looking like this. The new engine appears to render hills and mountains differently? Its a Taliban Assault on an outpost set in Afghanistan.

Still loads of fun to play

Taliban Attacks.jpg

Edited by db_zero

17 minutes ago, db_zero said:

The Taliban may not have the proper skins, but that doesn't detract from the battle.

You can easily remedy that.

17 minutes ago, db_zero said:

Be great if CM Afghanistan was updated to the latest versions... 

That would be kickass!

Mord.

15 minutes ago, Mord said:

You can easily remedy that.

That would be kickass!

Mord.

I'm looking for your mod, but can't seem to find it. On one flank I have guys in jeans and woodland camo attacking. On the other flank its guys in all black. The ANA looks like standard OD Syrian uniforms.

So far aside from the skins everything else seems to be working as before. A few surprises in the mix.

11 hours ago, IanL said:

Wow that blurred background that makes it look like a camera took the picture is really nice.

I personally don't like all this yucky colour filtering that people are using reshade for  - heck I don't like movie mode (yes, I like the true to life colours from CMBN :-). Is it possible to use reshade to get the depth of field effect without messing with the colour rendering?

Absolutely - they're all standalone shaders you can mix and match as you see fit.  Me, I'm angsty and gritty so I play with the colours.  But that's just me.

BxfoLSO.png

Want only depth effects like Depth of Field and Ambient Occlusion? Check.

9sS8KBo.png

Or maybe you want to pretend its' 1999 again? :D  Good days.

The possibilities are endless!

21 minutes ago, db_zero said:

I'm looking for your mod, but can't seem to find it. On one flank I have guys in jeans and woodland camo attacking. On the other flank its guys in all black. The ANA looks like standard OD Syrian uniforms.

So far aside from the skins everything else seems to be working as before. A few surprises in the mix.

I never did a Muj mod for SF. But there is one included in Dragonwyn's Heart of Darkness campaign according to others. Blimey made one but he either never published it or it is buried on the Repository with a hundred other things we can't get to. I used to have it but apparently it's lost. That would be like three computers ago easy.

Mord.

22 minutes ago, Mord said:

I never did a Muj mod for SF. But there is one included in Dragonwyn's Heart of Darkness campaign according to others. Blimey made one but he either never published it or it is buried on the Repository with a hundred other things we can't get to. I used to have it but apparently it's lost. That would be like three computers ago easy.

Mord.

There is old Shock Force stuff all over the place. We need a single point of contact where we can upload all the old stuff so it can be shared or modified for use. I remember Green As Jades site and I supported it by paypal cause I liked it so much. Its gone now. The old stuff I have was from it.

27 minutes ago, Mord said:

Mord.

Didn’t I send what I had to you at some point along with some Afghan terrain texture work I had done?  Can dig around again, but not sure if this would even work in CMSF2.

3 hours ago, db_zero said:

There is old Shock Force stuff all over the place. We need a single point of contact where we can upload all the old stuff so it can be shared or modified for use. I remember Green As Jades site and I supported it by paypal cause I liked it so much. Its gone now. The old stuff I have was from it.

CMMODs has a Shock Force 1 spot again. It's in the drop down navigation window on the right. We just need Steve to give us access to the Repos so we can get all the stuff off of it.

3 hours ago, Rokossovski said:

Hate to hijack the thread, but care to share your technique?  I get camera spinning on a dismayingly regular basis.  The only "cure" I've found restarting the computer, and the fix is only temporary.

You're in luck. Just about all your questions can be answered here. We had a big thread on it all just today.

3 hours ago, akd said:

Didn’t I send what I had to you at some point along with some Afghan terrain texture work I had done?  Can dig around again, but not sure if this would even work in CMSF2.

Nope, but you thought you did. LOL. You've thought that for about eight years. All the Astan textures I ever had were culled from CM:A.

I believe he wanted the Muj and stuff for Shock Force 1. But for the record just about all the building and ground textures for SF and CM:A will work in SF2.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

15 hours ago, Howler said:

@Mordis quickly becoming a ReShade ninja!

I'll tell ya, I've always enjoyed taking screenshots but they felt like they lacked something. Now, it is so much fun. I am finding tons of inspiration in seemingly mundane actions. I haven't even taken a screen shot in a battle yet. They have all been prefab editor or test map pics. The shaders really change the artistic opportunities and they even seem to give you a better eye for the action.

Mord.

This one was during the third scenario of the US Army campaign, "Ash Shammas", and demostrate that Sirian SF are seriously tough.

1. A 500kg air bomb scores a direct hit on its target.

442838888_CMSFsc3-1.jpg.896f2a34d60c180f6a4e07f3179bb644.jpg

2. A few second later from the smoldering ruins pop up this guy, running head over heels amid a hail of cal '50 bullets, courtesy of the US Army, and manage to disappear unscathed. I say, respect!

107545991_CMSFsc3-2.jpg.dd13ad61e675ca0a14ba40c5b8060276.jpg

BTW. The pictures are on the smallish side because I had only 0,09 MB available. How come?

3 hours ago, Sandokan said:

BTW. The pictures are on the smallish side because I had only 0,09 MB available. How come?

I recommend using a 3rd party image hosting site, such as imgur.com. Upload the screenshot there, then copy and paste the screenshot link into your forum post. It will automatically embed and there is no size limit to worry about.

When the Americans invaded Syria, little did they realize that Bashar "The Lion" al-Assad had been developing super-weapons in secret for many years. A true WMD, this mega-missile was unleashed upon the invaders as they crossed the border. The missile's debut launch was directed right at this dude's face:

Ju6TRsy.png