Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Mord

22 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

The player leads an early morning (0400hrs) Coup d’etat.  The player starts with a small force and attempts to recruit additional units while weakening the regime until ultimately the balance of power flips allowing the player to take control of the city. To achieve this "flip of power" the player can choose a combination of methods: ambushes, street fighting, bribery, assassination, IEDs, VBIEDs, mercenary units, HUMINT, TSE, foreign assistance (in the form of Intelligence, operatives, money, supplies, & SF unit) and radio propaganda.  Wise tactical employment of infantry units in a MOUT environment will also be necessary.  If the player fails in the coup attempt his coup leader HQ team can flee to the US consulate (which contains an exit zone).  The scenario would still be lost but making it to the consulate might be the difference between a major defeat and a tactical defeat depending on the situation etc. 

I think you should have a new forum name.
I vote for, 'Professor Emeritus of Scenario Design'.

8 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Thanks for showing an interest.  This is a WIP fictional red vs red AI only scenario of a Coup d’etat set on a 1072 meter by 592 meter urban map.  The map is a modified version of @LongLeftFlank Ramadi-Government-Center map.  The scenario has a variable end time.  The optimal scenario length is two hours however it can be played to three hours.  If the scenario is played longer than two hours the AI is awarded an extra 200 Victory Points.  

The player leads an early morning (0400hrs) Coup d’etat.  The player starts with a small force and attempts to recruit additional units while weakening the regime until ultimately the balance of power flips allowing the player to take control of the city. To achieve this "flip of power" the player can choose a combination of methods: ambushes, street fighting, bribery, assassination, IEDs, VBIEDs, mercenary units, HUMINT, TSE, foreign assistance (in the form of Intelligence, operatives, money, supplies, & SF unit) and radio propaganda.  Wise tactical employment of infantry units in a MOUT environment will also be necessary.  If the player fails in the coup attempt his coup leader HQ team can flee to the US consulate (which contains an exit zone).  The scenario would still be lost but making it to the consulate might be the difference between a major defeat and a tactical defeat depending on the situation etc.  

Waiting on the CMSF2 patch and beta testing.     In a week or two I'll start a forum thread on it like I did with CMBS Tactical Operations Center (TOC).   Below is a screenshot of an IED as viewed by US Marines from the roof of the US consulate (looking northeast).

y0roJxMh.jpg 

What's the scenario called … Grand Theft Auto? ;)

16 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

:D  :lol:  :D  Now that's an idea ..................... high speed chase of a stolen supply truck............ I was about to ask you to take a look at it.  I'll send you a message.  

Ack - I'll look out for it and I'll certainly have a look at it although I've got a whole bunch of my own stuff on the go at present and I'm helping @homewreckerwith a project that he's batting around his head as well.

32 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

:D  :lol:  :D  Now that's an idea ..................... high speed chase of a stolen supply truck............ I was about to ask you to take a look at it.  I'll send you a message.  

Some of the utility vehicles in the game are extremely fast, so a high speed chase is not unthinkable ;)

Can't remember what they are called, but a Canadian one with a top mounted MG. I had it drive full speed ahead and the gunner fired the MG to the side. The vehicle outran the tracers that looked like they came out of the side of the vehicle instead of the MG.

9 hours ago, 37mm said:

One of the best CM videos I've ever seen. Terrific mods and filters, very well choreographed and 'filmed'. You have a gift!

BFC should send this to its DoD contacts. I'm tempted to reach out to contacts in the Philippines Armed Forces who recently went through all this in Marawi... 

Tactically though, men who have gone to ground (pinned) inside hard cover, even flimsy mud brick shouldn't be so easy to kill off. (My usual hobby horse). But this is a game engine gripe, not a critique of your vid. 

Edited by LongLeftFlank

8 hours ago, LongLeftFlank said:

One of the best CM videos I've ever seen. Terrific mods and filters, very well choreographed and 'filmed'. You have a gift!

BFC should send this to its DoD contacts. I'm tempted to reach out to contacts in the Philippines Armed Forces who recently went through all this in Marawi... 

Tactically though, men who have gone to ground (pinned) inside hard cover, even flimsy mud brick shouldn't be so easy to kill off. (My usual hobby horse). But this is a game engine gripe, not a critique of your vid. 

Thanks for the kind words.

Tactically, I was lucky to get off so lightly.... I seemed to forget that IED's exist & ran over several that didn't go off.

On 12/27/2018 at 3:32 PM, Lethaface said:

Thanks!

They are a bit large but in 1440p if you click on m. Reshade has definetely grown on me, I use the settings that Mord provided. On some maps or with certain lighting conditions it can look too much, but often it looks splendid!

I liked this one too:

49330148_cmshockforce2.exeScreenshot2018_12.26-02_21_59_45.thumb.png.9feb96f215276a913c5929e745045f12.png

Where can I find Mords settings for Reshade?