CMRT - BETA AAR - Soviet Side

SMG troops in the woods... not a great thing for an opponent with bolt action rifles, that is for sure! Bummer the handgrenade made up for that a wee bit. Double bummer you lost your Squad Leader. That could really hurt. Good thing it wasn't the Platoon Leader!

As for the discussion of colors (or colours for you non Colonist types), this should probably get moved to a new thread. For those of you who want to discuss the works of Jackson Pollock in a positive way, just let me know so I can ban you just because I can :D Seriously, let's try to keep this thread mostly on topic.

Steve

SMG troops in the woods... not a great thing for an opponent with bolt action rifles, that is for sure! Bummer the handgrenade made up for that a wee bit. Double bummer you lost your Squad Leader. That could really hurt. Good thing it wasn't the Platoon Leader!

Yep the action in the forest is close, fast, and brutal. Definitely helps to have high ROF weaponry that's for sure.

Elvis should have used at least two teams if he meant to assault me, preferably three... one or two to suppress my team, then the final one to assault.. a basic squad attack drill.

Traveling today, so my next turn report will be late.. I hope to be able to get to it tonight. I fire my flamethrower this turn... you will want to stay tuned for that, I will post a movie. ;)

As promised, here is the current situation:

Notes: 4th Company

1st Platoon - scouting KT2

2nd Platoon +OT34 - scouting & feint in KT3

3rd Platoon - moving to KT3 for support

5th Company - in reserve

T34/85 Platoon + tank riders - in position in KT1

ISU-122s - providing force flank protection (covering the Axis Red open area)

12399220753_a77b4e3047_b.jpg

That's everything right? Oh wait, I think I promised you guys some OT34 Flamethrower Action... well this turn I did some area fire to hose down the forest where I suspect the fourth enemy team must be hiding out.. actually I just wanted to see it fire. ;)

Enjoy the movie. Now that's out of the way I will save the rest of the fuel for real targets.

Is it possible to shoot the flame thrower without firing the main cannon or is it a package deal.

Good point. The main gun probably shouldn't shoot at the same time as the flamethrower UNLESS there's an identified target. Area Fire should probably not have both firing at once. I don't know if the game is capable of separating the two, but I'll find out.

Steve

Steve,

I suppose the answer to the question raised by Vanir Ausf B depends on how the tank is coded regarding its weapons.

The OT-34 would seem to fall into the same category as the Crocodile, in that both have their flame projector mounted where the bow MG was before. This setup is contrasted with the Flammpanzer III approach in which the flamethrower is substituted for the tank's cannon.

How about three settings for the OT-34 and similar: Target Heavy (whole kitchen sink), Target Light (coax MG) and Target Blight (flamethrower and coax only)? Am being only slightly waggish with my suggestion.

Bil,

Appreciate the vid! As for your recent awkward encounter with a Stielhandgranate 39, Elvis has now entered a new term in the lexicon of war. The Parthian grenade throw!

Regards,

John Kettler

We might finally be seeing more close-ups in the AAR. I've been feeding Bil a pile of last minute textures so perhaps he'll feel a bit less shy about taking picts of the troops. I had been wanting to finish-off that Tokarev SVT-40 rifle for ages and finally got my chance. Very pretty rifle. In the few days since Bil's ISU-122 screenshot the beast has received a new set of skins (not my work). Bil might finally be all set, texture-wise. :)

Bill,

A few questions.

1- When crossing the stream and entering KT3 were you using the fast or Quick command. Did that leave them in the Ready or Tiring state?

2-Same goes for the rifle teams flanking move. Did that leave them in the Ready or Tiring state?

3-After the 15 second SMG suppression fire why a Fast command and not Hunt?

Is that so the German Team doesn't have time to recover from the suppression?

Doesn't that leave the SMG team more vulnerable while moving fast?

4- How goes the ammo situation for the SMG team?

If I recall correctly, in CM1 the SMG units could eat through their ammo in minutes.

5- Lastly, in the broad view I see black boxes over what I assume to be the supply trucks. What are those?

Thanks and great AAR :)