CMBN v.2.0 is out!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't check right now because I'm at work, but how deep is the unit uniform selection?

Is it at the division level? the Battalion level?

Does it affect tank crew (I doubt it with the tankers in tank suits)?

Does it affect the helmets or other parts of the uniform?

Haven't seen any comments on British or Canadian uniforms....

It is at the squad level or higher if you want.

SS have new models I think. They have smocks with tunic collars. So the option is :

no camo = field gray, black epaullettes, left sleeve reichsadler

standard camo= commonwealth style pea dot-ish we had previously or a half uniform combo of this

full camo = blurred edge oak smocks

note: a sprinkling of uncamo troops is with the camoflaged ones

Helmets are the same pattern but with the correct model.

Hmm, if one likes to have a disk and d/l, the 2.0 update with s&h costs US$30(!). Sounds a bit pricy considering one gets the 2.0 update with the MG module (is that correct?).

I guess Moon missed this bit, the busy chap. AIUI, you'll be able to get the 2.0 upgrade as a "bundle deal" for a bit less than the total cost of MG plus whatever 2.0 costs in your chosen delivery method. I'm pretty sure they won't be giving it away for free, and it would be a slap in the face to early adopters to just include the 2.0 upgrade automatically, and bump the MG module price by the price of the upgrade.

Standing ready to be corrected, natch, since this is from memory of some pretty rambling discussions.

One never knows what the future will hold especially when you start talking version 3 etc, but MG as you noted will not come WITH the MG module, but will be price bundled as it will require your base game be at 2.0 to run.

Erwin what I'd suggest if you really want a hard copy and don't want to wait nor pay over much for shipping is order the upgrade DL only now for $10 then order a hard copy with the bundle with MG. That would only increase your cost by $5 (the bundled price) as you will be paying shipping on MG anyway.

Moon,

Wunderbar, and I love the new uniform options! In turn, this makes credible such scenarios as relief in place before combat can begin. You hope. It also makes the even more ticklish unit passthrough a possibility.

Am a bit confused on the physical product (which I strongly prefer) front. When you say "manual," do you mean a manual for the 2.0 patch, CMBN or both?

Regards,

John Kettler

I know there's a difference between patches and upgrades but is it still necessary to patch CMBN or does the upgrade also include the V1.11 patch?

Edit: I see in the upgrade description that the upgrade is not a patch so I'm thinking you still need the V1.11 patch.

Am a bit confused on the physical product (which I strongly prefer) front. When you say "manual," do you mean a manual for the 2.0 patch, CMBN or both?

Regards,

John Kettler

Do you have a physical copy of CMFI? The manual for 2.0 is the same spiral-bound book that came with that game.

If you don't have CMFI, the physical manual is a spiral-bound book that details game mechanics but does not include specifics for any particular title (such as the unit encyclopedia at the end of the PDF manuals).

"order the upgrade DL only now for $10 then order a hard copy with the bundle with MG. That would only increase your cost by $5 (the bundled price) as you will be paying shipping on MG anyway."

If that is the way it will work, that's a good idea sburke. Can BF confirm...? (However, is there a manual with the 2.0 patch if one gets the disk mailed?)

I'd rather not pay $30 now and then get it all with MG anyway. It's not as if I have played all the CMSF, CMA, CMBN and CMFI scenarios and campaigns yet lol. And I am not one of those folks who just has to have the latest and greatest anything purely for its own sake.

I just want to clarify my options when comparing getting the 2.0 upgrade by download now vs. waiting for the Market Garden module by download. As I understand it, by purchasing and installing the MG module, my base game and Commonwealth module will automatically be updated to version 2.0. Is that correct?

Secondly, what is the anticipated price by download of the MG module?

Finally, when is the MG module expected to be released?

Thanks.

I just want to clarify my options when comparing getting the 2.0 upgrade by download now vs. waiting for the Market Garden module by download. As I understand it, by purchasing and installing the MG module, my base game and Commonwealth module will automatically be updated to version 2.0. Is that correct?

I haven't seen anything posted by BFC saying that would be the case. What the folks are discussing here is the possibility of BFC bundling the 2.0 upgrade with the upcoming MG module, at an extra cost over the bare bones MG module (which would require you to have the 2.0 upgrade already).

Secondly, what is the anticipated price by download of the MG module?

Probably similar to that of the CW module.

Finally, when is the MG module expected to be released?

Who knows :)

For those of you who are holding off on v2.0 because you're worried about your mods being messed up don't. As far as I can tell, the only mods that are affected are the uniforms. These revert back to the v2.0 defaults, which are beautiful as they are IMHO. All other vehicle, terrain, buildings,interface, etc. work quite well and look better than ever.

I'd actually be surprised BFC did not bundle 2.0 with the MarketGarden module for no extra charge.

I don't know what the norm is in the videogaming industry, but I suspect keeping it as simple as possible is good business for BFC. I understand from Steve that most CMBN buyers are casual gamers who play 1 player only, do not visit the Forums and do *not* consider it their sacred duty to subsidize our beloved BFC.

So consider the annoyance of this kind of customer, who *did* enjoy CMBN enough to buy the CW module and, now, the Market Garden expansion, when he gets an error message: "ERROR - GO FORK OUT AN EXTRA TENNER FOR THE UPGRADE THINGY". That person will feel deceived and ripped off.... I know I would. Not worth it.

Those of us Forum regulars who are buying it now are happy to fork out an extra $10 just because, oh, we want the map Editor. Or we simply to keep Charles' brain jar filled with eggnog and hot mulled wine over Christmas, so long as he stays busy. On the other hand, if BFC is going to provide it "free" later, they should say so now. Plenty of us are going to buy now in any case.

My ten smackeroos, FWIW....

...for no extra charge.

V2.0 is BIG (more than 2.3 gigs of .brz material if you include Commonwealth). It took them a considerable allocation of time, resources, and not inconsiderable $ expense to produce it. Basically, they're pretty much selling it to you at cost. You ask for big changes & upgrades? This is what big changes & upgrades looks like.