The year to come - 2024 (Part 2)

3 hours ago, Anthony P. said:

Disney picks it up and continues with CM3, CM4 and CM5 all within four to five years.

Let's not get into the argument of whether or not the Disney Star Wars films were any good, or the Lucas prequel trilogy for that matter.  IMHO they both had their moments, some good ones, some bad.

So Disney CM.  Hmmm, how are they going to wedge a 'love interest' into a wargame 🤔?

46 minutes ago, Anthony P. said:

I'll be sure to remind you of that when Jar Jar Binks is a unit in CM Minus 3.

32 minutes ago, Probus said:

I  wouldn't mind being able to level some 155mm artillery at Jar Jar. 😁

Yeah I was going to say people will be keen to frag Jar Jar.

Hmmm, let's see... 

1.  it's gonna be something most of the community wouldn't guess, and...
  2. we don't really know if it's CM2 or CM3.

So...

CM2 - Got to have really strong commercial appeal, as this game iteration is dated and CM2 sales are no longer what they were (it must be true), I'll have a guess here at Desert Storm, as it would potentially pull in lots of new players and generate plenty of revenue.

CM3 - got to be something ultra modern to increase the possibility of procuring those lucrative future military training contracts, right! Taiwan 2025/26 is the obvious theatre here (so maybe), but I'll go for something altogether more freaky, a hypothetical RF civil war set in the late 2020's. 

Edited by The Steppenwulf

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

That has of course been attempted as a mod by Phil @kohlenklau who has departed here for now.  I'm still trying to get him back...

1 hour ago, FlammenwerferX said:

If early WW2 is not economically viable then why would Korea be a possible choice?

Korea 21st century, of course.

4 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Oh I see, is there any interest in that 😉?

Yes, definitely. The North Korean kit would mostly be a repeat of CMCW or CMSF2. But the South Koreans have some really interesting kit that I really want to play around with (I'm a huge fan of the K2 Black Panther). It would definitely be another asymmetric warfare title, like CMSF2. But that's ok. CMSF is a lot of fun, and it would be asymmetric warfare with very different kit over very different ground. And it can always be upgraded to peer vs peer warfare by adding in Chinese forces later down the line (it's definitely plausible that the Chinese might intervene in a 2nd Korean War, or that the North Koreans would only feel confident in attacking if the US and China were already at war anyway).

15 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Phil @kohlenklau who has departed here for now.  I'm still trying to get him back...

Which game has he turned to instead? Or is he maybe not modding any game but instead spending time to get more proficient in Blender (or is it proficient with Blender as that software also is a tool)?

Edited by BornGinger

1 hour ago, BornGinger said:

Which game has he turned to instead?

He is playing VASL against another CM player (not me, I used to play ASL years ago but not sure I want to go back to that instead of CM). 

And he's doing a lot of work on what I jokingly refer to as 'Southfork' 🏡.

What about allowing to jump through the tab bar from a leader calling for artillery support to another without having to close the artillery calling menu ? Nobody (or only 1 in the 1000) is expecting that and that will be a tremendous addition to CM2 - it also ticks the box that it needs entire re-programming 😁. Can't wait for it.

4 hours ago, Albert DuBalay said:

through the tab bar from a leader calling for artillery support to another without

There is the 'Go to spotter' function if you click on other 'engaged' artillery but that's maybe not quite the same.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, weapon2010 said:

tomorrow is a couple of months , not that Im counting😆 

What Steve forgot to mention was that we're going by fusion rules. The announcement is a couple months away, and always will be.

But in all seriousness I suspect there is a fair to decent chance of the announcement coming sometime within the next month or so.

Edit: I guess we'll see how much heavy lifting that "or so" ends up doing.

Edited by Centurian52