The year to come - 2024 (Part 2)

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the next stage depends what the BF company vision is.  Spent a bit of time reading the Steam reviews (good to see BF games on there assuming commercials are favorable for BF these days, recall a thread years ago that they were not in the past). A lot of the Steam reviews predictably complain about the UI and graphical quality. As a CM fan since CM1 my opinion is these players don't appreciate the attention to detail and the finer points of the simulation that you just don't get in many war games, pretty looking point and click WW2 RTS games are just a waste of time IMO.  Its true the CMx2 engine is not great and could do with a replacement or some efficiency tweaks at least(for example I purchased a £6000 4090 rig, all the latest components, 5120x1440 monitor and was stunned to see rendering issues at all even on Balanced settings). But BF is a small development team I recall and if we want to keep seeing the products we know and love then it needs to use its time in a profitable manner first to fund future R&D.  Also , you want a motivated team that enjoy their work when possible. Reading the posts from the admins over the years I believe this is what they do. Its unlikely we will see steam review appeasing projects, more likely it will be doing things they enjoy doing and I am looking forward to the output as always. Scott.

Edited by scottie