Stephen Grammont Interview

I don't know what the heck they were talking about. I was busy making ragu. But I did overhear Steve mention several times that it's easier to build a whole new game engine than to drum on the wall with your head. 

He may have also mentioned early war Western Front as a possibility.

17 hours ago, ASL Veteran said:

Steve dropped a few massive hints in that interview, and I'm surprised nobody picked up on them yet.

I must have missed them. All I got was quite a lot of disappointing news.

No M1 native development (so this will presumably mean more features not being available for Macs going forward. PBEM +++, and now tournaments (I assume).

No real mention of new Combat Mission engine being developed.

CM Afghanistan not really going anywhere.

Early War and North Africa referred to as being popular with fans, but no real news of development on that front.

There was a commitment to Combat Mission for the long term, which was good.

Or have I missed a lot of it?

I really thought the interviewer didn't really do his homework before this interview.. there were a ton of hairbrained questions, like "do you think BFC will update CMBB or CMAK in the future?".. no, why would he ever do this? those engines are a technical dead-end, fun to play in 2001, not fun to play in 2022.  Anyway, I thought Steve was being nice and I'm not sure I would have reacted the same way.

4 hours ago, hm_stanley said:

I really thought the interviewer didn't really do his homework before this interview.. there were a ton of hairbrained questions, like "do you think BFC will update CMBB or CMAK in the future?".. no, why would he ever do this? those engines are a technical dead-end, fun to play in 2001, not fun to play in 2022.  Anyway, I thought Steve was being nice and I'm not sure I would have reacted the same way.

Hard agree. Steve did a great job of giving insightful answers to questions that were at best uninspired and at worst bizarre.