CM Cold War v1.01 patch is now avilable

There is quite a long list of fixes in this patch:

INFANTRY WEAPONS
* The M72 LAW and RPG-18 are now stored with tube collapsed when on a soldier's back.
* The M47 Dragon can now successfully guide missiles through smoke (it had a guidance system that allowed this, unlike TOWs of the time).

VEHICLES
* M113 front and side armor now provides less protection.
* The M2 and M3 Bradley are now amphibious.

VEHICLE MAIN GUN AMMUNITION
* The APDS ammunition of the Patton series M48A5 (M392) and M60A1 / M60A1 (RISE) (M728) are now much less effective at penetrating armor. Soviet tanks can breathe a bit easier.
* The M48A5 and M60 series tanks use M456A1 HEAT ammunition. M60 series tanks change to M456A2 in 1981.
* The M2 and M3 Bradley use 25 mm M791 APDS (was: M919 APFSDS).
* The BMP-2 uses 30 mm 3UBR6 AP (was: 3UBR8 APDS).
* The PT-76B uses 76.2 mm BR354N APCR (was: BTR354P) and BK354M (was: BP350M).
* T-55 and T-55A use 100 mm 3BK17M HEAT (was: 3BK5).
* T-55A uses 100 mm 3BM25 APFSDS (was: 3BM8 APDS).
* T-62 (1972) uses 115 mm 3BK4M HEAT (was: 3BK4).
* T-62 (1975) uses 115 mm 3BK15M HEAT (was: 3BK4).
* T-64A uses 125 mm 3BK14M HEAT (was: 3BK14).
* T-64B uses 125 mm 3BK18M HEAT (was: 3BK18).
* T-72 uses 125 mm 3BK14M HEAT (was: 3BK14).
* T-72A uses 125 mm 3BK18M HEAT (was: 3BK18).
* T-72A (1980) uses 125 mm 3BK18 HEAT (was: 3BK18M).

FIRE SUPPORT
* Soviet BM-43 82 mm mortar support switched to 82 mm M1937.

ART AND MODELS
* Soviet soldiers now wear the Ssh-68 helmet.
* Corrections to BTR-70 and -70K vehicle dimensions: it is now smaller.
* Various vehicle crew hatch behaviors have been adjusted or fixed.
* Misc minor 2D artwork/interface fixes.

QUICK BATTLES
* US now has access to artillery formations equipped with cluster munitions.
* Soviets have access to Infantry Only branch for Quick Battles.
* Added to Soviet Armored Branch: Motor Rifle Battalion (BMP), Motor Rifle Battalion (BTR), Motor Rifle Battalion (BTR Task Force), all variants of the Forward Security Element.
* Increase to total points available for purchasing.
* Updated several Quick Battle maps.

CAMPAIGNS
* Lions of Cantigny 1979 updated (briefing fixes).
* NTC 1982 Training in the Desert (adjustments to campaign progression logic).

SCENARIOS
* Valley of Ashes updates (briefing fixes).

BUG FIXES
* FIXED: An issue that could cause save game corruption from playing in TCP/IP Turn-Based mode.
* FIXED: Missing M60 machine gun bipod if soldier not prone.
* FIXED: Some facing issues with the mortar of the M125 mortar carrier when it is given firing orders.
* FIXED: The BTR-60PA and -60PAK visually had a DSHk heavy machine gun, but the engine's code treated it as a KPV.
* FIXED: An issue that could cause vehicles to get stuck on the Medium Girder Bridge.
* FIXED: An intermittent issue that could cause movement orders to be dropped when plotted through fortifications.
* FIXED: Some LoD (Level of Detail, when objects are viewed at a distance) with US soldier helmets, the M60 series tanks, and the BMP-1P and -1PK.

MISC
* RezPack and RezExplode .exes now included.

54 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

* The M47 Dragon can now successfully guide missiles through smoke (it had a guidance system that allowed this, unlike TOWs of the time).

Interesting, I thought the M-47 dragon that we have in game only has the daysight and night sight (no thermals). How would the gunner see through smoke?

This is interesting. I guess the 1980 model is newer than the "normal", yet the former has the older ammonution.

What is the reason behind this?

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

* The M72 LAW and RPG-18 are now stored with tube collapsed when on a soldier's back.

I thought this was impossible 😛 (it is extended when fired)

Glad you managed it in the end. Hope it will get ported to CMBS / CMSF2

Edited by Bufo

1 hour ago, Redwolf said:

Is that a fix for the issue that contemporary ammo was used by accident?

IIRC, they said that is exactly what happened.

55 minutes ago, Bufo said:

This is interesting. I guess the 1980 model is newer than the "normal", yet the former has the older ammonution.

What is the reason behind this?

A typo in the patch readme, I presume.

I thought this was impossible 😛 (it is extended when fired)

From what I understand, they did some thinking-outside-the-box and labeled the extended tube a 'bipod' so so when the weapon is deployed the 'bipod' (e.g. extended tube) appears. One of those things that's obvious only after someone first thinks of it.

Edited by MikeyD

1 hour ago, HowMuchForYou? said:

Do I need to restart a campaign if I’m in the middle of one and I install this?

You can try saving during the plot phase and see if it continues after installing the patch. If it doesn't then open a Help Desk ticket and I'll get you reverted back so that you can finish the campaign if you want) before patching.

Thanks for the patch and post-release work on the game! I haven't gotten to play it as much as I want to, but I really love it.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but I have a small log of bugs or issues I've found and documented in the game (I did QA work in the past - it ruined me!). Is there a specific place or email address or maybe forum that I should submit the document to?

8 hours ago, Gkenny said:

Interesting, I thought the M-47 dragon that we have in game only has the daysight and night sight (no thermals). How would the gunner see through smoke?

The AN/TAS 5 that is the Dragon night targeting system is a thermal sight.

1 hour ago, RescueToaster said:

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but I have a small log of bugs or issues I've found and documented in the game (I did QA work in the past - it ruined me!). Is there a specific place or email address or maybe forum that I should submit the document to?

Post them in this thread. Go slow, one by one, have savegames and wait for reactions before moving on. Don't "dump" large lists without interaction:

23 minutes ago, StieliAlpha said:

@BFCElvis: Stupid question: Should I see the V1.01 on the CW start screen?

Yes.

Make sure the patch didn't create a Cold War subfolder inside your main CW folder and put the .exe there. When I installed the patch it tried to do that. Meaning that when I pointed the patch to my D:\Cold War folder it tried to install to D:\Cold War\Cold War.