CM Cold War v1.01 patch is now avilable

4 minutes ago, Vanir Ausf B said:

Yes.

Make sure the patch didn't create a Cold War subfolder inside your main CW folder and put the .exe there. When I installed the patch it tried to do that. Meaning that when I pointed the patch to my D:\Cold War folder it tried to install to D:\Cold War\Cold War.

I had the exact same thing happen.

3 minutes ago, Vanir Ausf B said:

Yes.

Make sure the patch didn't create a Cold War subfolder inside your main CW folder and put the .exe there. When I installed the patch it tried to do that. Meaning that when I pointed the patch to my D:\Cold War folder it tried to install to D:\Cold War\Cold War.

Ah, thanks for the hint. I’ll check that tomorrow.

How did you avoid that the patch creates it’s own folder?

6 minutes ago, StieliAlpha said:

When running the patch you can edit the address or type in anything you want. Just delete the last \Cold War part.

Edited by Vanir Ausf B

14 minutes ago, StieliAlpha said:

I download them to my Downloads folder. There is no need to download a patch anywhere near the game's directory. Then when running it the patch will install to the default installation location unless you "point" it somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 6:41 PM, Vanir Ausf B said:

Yes.

This happened to me and I just copied the contents of the new folder to the old one (selecting to overwrite files) and deleted the now empty new folder - and it's working fine.

• 3 months later...