Pre-orders for Fire and Rubble are now open!!

BFCElvis

8 hours ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

Can we purchase the M4A2 76mm in june 1944 for QBs ?

It wasn’t in service, so no.  If you own the module, it will be available for purchase in QBs at the appropriate date.

8 hours ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

Can we fire the mortar from inside the 251/2 when the FR module is released ?

Should already be working with the engine 4 upgrade.

1 hour ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

Not in CMRT, checked it a couple of days ago (in ver. 2.02).

Hmmm, I thought I had mortars firing from within the 251/2s in RT the other day, but today not - except oddly for smoke, which they can fire from within?  So perhaps I was mistaken.  They do fire okay in FI, BN and FB, so is it the (so far) missing patch for RT that is the difference?  Will try again...

Edited by Vacilllator

Are you targeting directly with the vehicle?  If you want to fire direct, you need to target with the mounted mortar team.  Although I forgot that RT is still pending the last patch, so that might be the issue.  That said, it is working in the current version, but is not intended as a feature of the module as far as I know, but of the engine upgrade.

Edited by akd

44 minutes ago, akd said:

Are you targeting directly with the vehicle?  If you want to fire direct, you need to target with the mounted mortar team.

Targeting with the vehicle, the smoke option is there but greyed out and there are no other fire options.  With the mounted mortar team I can fire smoke, but nothing else (which seems a bit odd).  It also says the mortar is not deployed and I can dismount the team, so it looks like they passengers, apart from being able to fire smoke.  One of the 251/2s also has an HQ team on board...

This is just in RT, not the other WW2 titles.

Edited by Vacilllator

34 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

Targeting with the vehicle, the smoke option is there but greyed out and there are no other fire options.  With the mounted mortar team I can fire smoke, but nothing else (which seems a bit odd).  It also says the mortar is not deployed and I can dismount the team, so it looks like they passengers, apart from being able to fire smoke.  One of the 251/2s also has an HQ team on board...

I thought everyone was being optimistic about it already working in CMRT. The fix is in the patch though as @akd said. I confirmed that firing from the HT works and is only slightly slower than dismounted when used directly (some minutes they fire the same number of rounds and some one or two less). There is no target light from mounted mortar teams. I don't think that's right and I'll report it but I doubt that it is a fix that will get into the next release but that's just a guess.

Rats I didn't look at smoke. Sigh.

11 minutes ago, IanL said:

The fix is in the patch though as @akd said

Yes that's what our 'conjecture' was coming up with.  If it's in the patch that's great.  I can certainly live with what you describe.  Dare I say it's not the end of the world in any case 😁.

As for currently being able to only fire smoke on-board, it seems a bit odd to me, but if the patch opens up the other on-board fire options it won't be any more.

6 hours ago, Barrold said:

Pre-order is in!

BDH

Well, lookie what the virtual cat dragged in!  Good to see a post from one of the old time gang.

To confirm what has already been said about mortar firing vehicles in CMRT.  Engine 4 provided the code support for them to work, but it also required a TO&E overhaul.  It's odd that I didn't fix that way back when, so not quite sure what happened there.  However, it certainly will be fixed with the patch that comes along with the Module.

Steve

5 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

To confirm what has already been said about mortar firing vehicles in CMRT.  Engine 4 provided the code support for them to work, but it also required a TO&E overhaul.  It's odd that I didn't fix that way back when, so not quite sure what happened there.  However, it certainly will be fixed with the patch that comes along with the Module.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I know it's a fairly minor detail in the grand scheme but I appreciate your confirmation.  Looking forward to F&R and whatever's next 😁.

53 minutes ago, Ts4EVER said:

I think I may have asked this before, but: Will the G41 from FI be added as well? It is not in the TOE list, but then again, it isn't even in the R2V manual.

+1.
I feel that there isn't some stuff in the TO&E which should be in the module. I want to believe that it may be caused by a oblivion or mistake,  this happened in some previous modules. I believe that a release of module manual would resolve certain doubts.

On 2/10/2021 at 4:44 AM, Vacilllator said:

Thanks Steve, I know it's a fairly minor detail in the grand scheme but I appreciate your confirmation.  Looking forward to F&R and whatever's next 😁.

Aw shucks.  The games still hold up although I need to find more time to play these days.

Cheers!
BDH

I've been playing a bit of Black Sea and Final Blitzkrieg.  Something just... POPS about those games that sets them apart from the others.  Is it my imagination or is something different with the engine/graphics?  Will this update to Red Thunder make the same difference, make the game POP visually?