Pre-orders for Fire and Rubble are now open!!

BFCElvis

1 hour ago, Bubba883XL said:

Lmao, i tried to look for some "real" German music but YouTube quickly becoming a place for nothing like that. 

If you want music that you can make mods from for the game i.e. "music intro", "music splash", " music end of battle" then you are better off without youtube. I just download the stuff that the troops would have been listening to at the time, and convert them to wav files. Obviously, most people stick to "Hollywood" or modern stuff. But I don't see the point of playing an historically accurate game with non-historical music.

3 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

If you want music that you can make mods from for the game i.e. "music intro", "music splash", " music end of battle" then you are better off without youtube. I just download the stuff that the troops would have been listening to at the time, and convert them to wav files. Obviously, most people stick to "Hollywood" or modern stuff. But I don't see the point of playing an historically accurate game with non-historical music.

I've been playing hearts of iron 4 lately. And some of the music on there is awesome. 

I like alot of historical pieces and pieces from documentry series such as ww2 hd in colour

15 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

Last time I tried (last night) I had to dismount the mortars from my Sdkfz 251/2s before I could use them?

Edit :  Having just tried the same vehicles in an FB Quick Battle I can fire them without dismounting.  Apologies @akd, looks like I may have been wrong (oh the shame 😔).

Quoting myself, oh dear.

Anyway, finally worked out the source of my confusion. From Fortess Italy manual:

Note: firing the mortar from within the halftrack is currently not allowed in CM:FI. You will have to dismount the mortar team before they can fire their mortar.

Oddly I have not yet located a Sdkfz251/2 in the editor or quick battle setup, so can't confirm this.  Anyone know where I can find it?

Anyway, this is unlike in RT and FB where you can fire from onboard.  Not sure if the vehicle is in BN or its add-ons, I haven't found it if it is.

Edited by Vacilllator

2 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I suspect that scrumpy might have been taken.

Not today, but possibly when the confusion first arose 😉.

So is the 251/2 actually in FI, and if so where can I find it, other than in the manual?

And I'm assuming it's not in BN as it's not even in the manual(s)?

1 hour ago, Vacilllator said:

Quoting myself, oh dear.

Anyway, finally worked out the source of my confusion. From Fortess Italy manual:

Note: firing the mortar from within the halftrack is currently not allowed in CM:FI. You will have to dismount the mortar team before they can fire their mortar.

Oddly I have not yet located a Sdkfz251/2 in the editor or quick battle setup, so can't confirm this.  Anyone know where I can find it?

Anyway, this is unlike in RT and FB where you can fire from onboard.  Not sure if the vehicle is in BN or its add-ons, I haven't found it if it is.

Stuff like this is stupid to me tbh. Why ? The vehicle operated that way..grrr

2 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

Quoting myself, oh dear.

Mounted mortar operation was a feature added in one of the numbered engine upgrades.  You can find 251/2s in Panzergrenadier Battalion 43/44 [armored] or Panzer Aufklarung Battalion 43/44.  You’ll need to set the date forward as there were none on Sicily.

Edited by akd

43 minutes ago, akd said:

Mounted mortar operation was a feature added in one of the numbered engine upgrades.  You can find 251/2s in Panzergrenadier Battalion 43/44 or Panzer Aufklarung Battalion 43/44.  You’ll need to set the date forward as there were none on Sicily.

I have just searched again in FI within those Battalions in late 1944 and in 1945, but the closest I found was a medium mortar with no vehicle?  I have all add-ons.

A question about your comment on the engine upgrades - my FI is Engine 4, the same as FB, RT and BN.  Would that not make the 251/2 (if I could find it) operate in the same way across all of these titles?

EDIT:  And for those wondering what happened to the F&R pre-order thread, my apologies, this just kind of came up.  I will shut up soon and normal service will be resumed 😉.

Edited by Vacilllator

Oops, forgot to add the [armored] tag at the end:

Panzergrenadier Battalion 43/44 [armored]

If you are looking in QBs, make sure you have selected mixed or armored infantry as your force type otherwise you will get dismounted formations.  Also, mortars usually have on- and off-map options, so you also need to have on-map selected for the mortar sections.  The 251/2s are in the Panzergrenadier Companies.  The Heavy Company’s 120mm mortars are not SP and are off-map only.

Also should note that in the Panzeraufklarung Battalion armored recon companies, the mortars are mounted in 250/7 halftracks, not 251/2, unless you select the “mixed” or “substitute” option in the 44 battalion.

Edited by akd

2 hours ago, akd said:

Also, mortars usually have on- and off-map options, so you also need to have on-map selected for the mortar sections.

Excellent work.  It was this ^. 

Once on-map was selected I then had a choice of halftrack-mounted at the bottom left of the page.

And they fire from within the halftrack so we can ignore my question about game engine numbers.

With many thanks!

EDIT : They are also in the same place in BN in case anyone is following the ins and outs of this sub-thread (off-topic).

Edited by Vacilllator
BN

6 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Does that mean the mounted mortars have been fixed? That is, low firing speed, not able to plot fire from a waypoint like all other vehicles can.

I think it is a limitation of how dismountable SP mortars work.  The mortar team, not the vehicle, does the targeting for the mounted/dismounted mortar.  If you gave the vehicle a target order on a WP and it had an MG, the MG would fire. The mortar is not actually considered a vehicle weapon.

Regarding rate of fire, I'm not sure what you are expecting.  If I am bringing a mortar into direct LOS of a point target, I would expect deliberate precision fire.

Edited by akd

The following is still on the preorder web page:

"There is no download for this product! As long as you have an up-to-date installation you already have 100% of the files you need."

Very confusing!

Please allow me to ask: I still have the original DVD from back then, and a new system.

If I want to use this, I have to install two (free) patches, first CMRT v1.03, then CMRT v2.02, right?

Best regards
Thomm

7 hours ago, Thomm said:

The following is still on the preorder web page:

"There is no download for this product! As long as you have an up-to-date installation you already have 100% of the files you need."

Very confusing!

Please allow me to ask: I still have the original DVD from back then, and a new system.

If I want to use this, I have to install two (free) patches, first CMRT v1.03, then CMRT v2.02, right?

Best regards
Thomm

Yeah i reported that first day still there.  If you need to upgrade try the link below, you should find all upgrade patches there.

https://www.battlefront.com/patches

Edited by Geoff-Ludumpress

On 1/31/2021 at 9:33 PM, Anonymous_Jonze said:

Yeah, I'm curious about this as well. Also noticed no Gebirgsjaeger units for the Heer. The TO&E looks kind of unfinished for the Soviet formations as well. Glad to see the Soviet Cav uniforms activated in that screenshot!

The answer on the question about the presence of Gebirgsjäger  escaped me or wasn't given. Several German Heer mountain divisions were fighting at the Eastern Front in 1944/45. Will they be included in the TOE?

Edited by Aragorn2002

8 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I think it actually should fire a little slower from the vehicle as the crew are just not as free to serve the weapon.

I think it should be the same firing speed really. Halftracks are not that cramped when the 10 soldiers and their gear which they usually carry aren't in there.

39 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

I will be more interested to see some awaiting guys of the partisans !

Each to his own, old boy. But German mountain units were much more important than naval units for example, so they deserve a place in this module. Not the end of  the world, when they're not in, just would like to know.

Edited by Aragorn2002