Pre-orders for Fire and Rubble are now open!!

BFCElvis

1 minute ago, DesertFox said:

Konstantin Konstantinovich for the win!

The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!

— Konstantin Rokossovsky

The gentleman commander eh ? That's the nicest way to say he will destroy his enemy ever. And the most indirect. LOL

I've been researching my ass off like a nut lately out of pure enjoyment at this point.

Edited by Artkin

Just now, Artkin said:

The gentleman commander eh ? That's the nicest way to say he will destroy his enemy ever. And the most indirect. LOL

Yep. There is an even better quote about him:

"I have no Suvorov, but Rokossovsky is my Bagration."

__Joseph Stalin

Let´s keep our fingers crossed that we get that F&R module this week. "Knocks on wood"

16 hours ago, DesertFox said:

Yep. There is an even better quote about him:

"I have no Suvorov, but Rokossovsky is my Bagration."

__Joseph Stalin

Let´s keep our fingers crossed that we get that F&R module this week. "Knocks on wood"

I actually know nothing of Suvorov...

I'm surprised the quote wasn't 

"I have no Vatutin, but Rokossovsky is my Bagration." :D

Anyway was this quote in reference to the pincer movement for Minsk?

14 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Never heard of it.

Really? I'll just assume you're not being sarcastic. It was a highly anticipated game by the makers of The Witcher games which was released in December in a laughably unfinished state. It's gone through a few rounds of patches that kind of fixed it up a bit and while it's not groundbreaking or anything the setting and story are very well done. Really scratching that sci-fi itch I've had lately.

9 minutes ago, Bearstronaut said:

Really? I'll just assume you're not being sarcastic. It was a highly anticipated game by the makers of The Witcher games which was released in December in a laughably unfinished state. It's gone through a few rounds of patches that kind of fixed it up a bit and while it's not groundbreaking or anything the setting and story are very well done. Really scratching that sci-fi itch I've had lately.

I was being sarcastic to be honest. I'm not quite myself anymore when someone says that it's ready when it's ready. 🙂 The waiting has been too long. 

I'm not into sf. Don't even like Star Wars. But to each his own of course.

4 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I'm not into sf. Don't even like Star Wars. But to each his own of course.

Be still my heart!  Well, if you're just going off the last 6 movies then I won't complain, but the first one is a classic. Only my sister-in-law doesn't like it, but she's a bit...

3 minutes ago, Artkin said:

I actually know nothing of Suvorov...

I'm surprised the quote wasn't 

"I have no Vatutin, but Rokossovsky is my Bagration." :D

Anyway was this quote in reference to the pincer movement for Minsk?

Both Suvorov and Bagration were highly respected russian generals of 18/19th century.

Alexander Suvorov - Wikipedia

Pyotr Bagration - Wikipedia

And AFAIK Stalins quote was in reference to Rokossovskies talent to handle organization of extremely complex kinds of action as in Operation Bagration and the subsequent annihilation of Army Group Center in summer 1944 but can´t find a direct reference for that.

Just now, Probus said:

Be still my heart!  Well, if you're just going off the last 6 movies then I won't complain, but the first one is a classic. Only my sister-in-law doesn't like it, but she's a bit...

Honestly Probus, Star Wars is like Harry Potter. After watching it you wonder what you know more than after watching the previous movie. It's like a promise that's never fulfilled. 😃

2 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Honestly Probus, Star Wars is like Harry Potter. After watching it you wonder what you know more than after watching the previous movie. It's like a promise that's never fulfilled. 😃

WHAT! Harry Potter too! :) Lol

I liked the Harry Potter movies and then my son suggested I read the books. The books have so much more in them. They were great. 

My nephew told me about the new LOTR series being done, but I digress. 

Closer to topic though, I finished Team Yankee. Awesome book! Gonna read The Third World War next. 

27 minutes ago, Probus said:

WHAT! Harry Potter too! :) Lol

I liked the Harry Potter movies and then my son suggested I read the books. The books have so much more in them. They were great. 

My nephew told me about the new LOTR series being done, but I digress. 

Closer to topic though, I finished Team Yankee. Awesome book! Gonna read The Third World War next. 

😄

We have to take ownership over the fact that we have a forum full of some of the best strategists in gaming and yet we are unable to produce any actionable intelligence on when FR will be released. What we need is solid intelligence. We got to cultivate sources. 

25 minutes ago, Almac said:

We have to take ownership over the fact that we have a forum full of some of the best strategists in gaming and yet we are unable to produce any actionable intelligence on when FR will be released. What we need is solid intelligence. We got to cultivate sources. 

Yes, is the BFC enigma decipherable at all?

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

I tried to watch, but could not get into it.  But, since you like it so much I may give it a 2nd chance.

I'm in the process of giving it a second try. A buddy tells me that it's fantastic starting season 2. Season 1 has been OK. He knows about my experience with Stephen King's Dark Tower season and he said to think it like that.  The first book in the Dark Tower series, Gunslinger, is almost unreadable to me. The rest of the series is some of the best stuff that he ever wrote. It took 3 tries before I liked Game of Thrones too....

I tried The Expanse twice and kept losing track of what was what, so I read the book. Third time was a charm. One of my favorite SF series now. 
  Really looking forward to Dune later this year. 
  There are some really epic episodes of GoT. Like when Denarys ‘purchases’ her giant army. Also when her dragon attacks the columns of troops later in the series. 

Edited by Probus

When I began to watch The Expanse I wasn't very impressed and feared that it would be something similar to Star Wars or Star Treck (I never watched that one because of the obvious plastic used for the aliens). But later on it seemed somewhat interesting which later on changed to me liking it.

But this thread is about Fire and Rubble so that's it from me about SciFi tv-series and films.