Pre-orders for Fire and Rubble are now open!!

BFCElvis

While we wait, let’s see who can identify some weird tanks from weird angles. They are all real tanks and have at least 1 prototype made. First one:

image.jpeg.36709aeb186375b1396ffdac75d47a81.jpegGo ahead and guess if you see a clue. You might help someone else identify it. 

Edited by Probus

4 minutes ago, markus544 said:

What did the krauts use this contraption for...Mine clearing possibly?

The German were making experiments with all so because the name mienen and raum are used  i think yes this was a tank like the famous similar Sherman crab but not sure !

On 1/31/2021 at 4:56 PM, BFCElvis said:

Historically, the gap between pre-orders and release date is 4 to 8 weeks. Rome to Victory was the BIG exception to that.

I guess that since we are in the middle of the 9th week we past historical and are on our way to being another exception. Hopefully not a BIG exception.

19 hours ago, Almac said:

We have to take ownership over the fact that we have a forum full of some of the best strategists in gaming and yet we are unable to produce any actionable intelligence on when FR will be released. What we need is solid intelligence. We got to cultivate sources. 

HUMINT is unreliable. SIGINT is king.

2 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

I'd say it's a Carden-Loyd Mk VI, although possibly minus its Vickers MG?

You are on the right track, in fact I’d have to say that’s a definite hit. There is a little more to this type tank. It’s a Hungarian version. What gave it away?

1 hour ago, BornGinger said:

I used yandex.ru picture search and found this website. If that is cheating I don't mention what the picture shows so everyone who gives up guessing in tears can go to the website to get the answer.

That is a really great resource!  If it doesn’t have a reverse-picture lookup feature then it’s not cheating at all. I’ll have to add that to my library. 

8 hours ago, Probus said:

What gave it away?

With the mention of Italian AFVs I looked through a few images and found the rather distinctive running gear and superstructure.  Seems the British design was sold to quite a few nations, including Italy (and Hungary and the USSR).  Must have been better than it looks 😉.

5 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

With the mention of Italian AFVs I looked through a few images and found the rather distinctive running gear and superstructure.  Seems the British design was sold to quite a few nations, including Italy (and Hungary and the USSR).  Must have been better than it looks 😉.

Or cheap? It was in production since the teens. I bet they all primarily used it as a utility vehicle. 

Edited by Probus