Pre-orders for Fire and Rubble are now open!!

BFCElvis

11 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

Be careful though, you should balance that with 'other vehicles from other nations might be equally great, or even better'.

Ah yes, how careless of me! You are a true friend, Vacilllator. 😄

Quite the Laurence Fox-experience...

Edited by Aragorn2002

2 hours ago, aleader said:

I don't see any bundle discount on the product page for RT?  Is there going to be one, or should we just wait for Steam release?

Usually those are available after release. Anyways, there is no real benefit to you for pre-ordering besides showing intense interest in the product. If you want the bundle (if there's going to be one), just wait until the Battlefront release. The Steam release will be in quite a while.

1 hour ago, BletchleyGeek said:

Yep, first of the WW2 titles in the Steam pipeline is CMBN, probably some time this summer. I wouldn't expect CMRT on Steam until 2022 (but there may well be surprises...).

Steve has said that RT (and its module) will be available on Steam ending this year. If BF releases a game by quarter, and knowing that next  one ill be Cold War and next ,if there are not surprises, will be Normandy (in the third quarter), I'd wait RT in November or next Xmas.

1 hour ago, Jumpete said:

Steve has said that RT (and its module) will be available on Steam ending this year. If BF releases a game by quarter, and knowing that next  one ill be Cold War and next ,if there are not surprises, will be Normandy (in the third quarter), I'd wait RT in November or next Xmas.

You're forgetting about CMFI, which came in between CMBN and CMRT...

12 hours ago, Xorg_Xalargsky said:

Usually those are available after release. Anyways, there is no real benefit to you for pre-ordering besides showing intense interest in the product. If you want the bundle (if there's going to be one), just wait until the Battlefront release. The Steam release will be in quite a while.

I will wait and see.  I'm only interested in bundles.  I didn't even realize it was still pre-order.  There's no way to tell on the product page.  Yes, I know it says pre-order on the home page, but you'd only know that by scrolling down the page.  

On 3/1/2021 at 5:31 AM, aleader said:

I will wait and see.  I'm only interested in bundles.  I didn't even realize it was still pre-order.  There's no way to tell on the product page.  Yes, I know it says pre-order on the home page, but you'd only know that by scrolling down the page.  

Yep, I see it now has "******Fire and Rubble is still in the pre-order phase*********" but the product page really needs an complete update. It still has things like "There is no download for this product! As long as you have an up-to-date installation you already have 100% of the files you need".

Most of the attention seems to be concentrated on the Cold War game, which isn't surprising given the great AAR, video and other activity that goes on there.  I think the team working on Fire and Rubble can in that respect learn something from the team working on CMCW. One gets the feeling Cold War will be sooner upon us than Fire and Rubble. 

Can't we have some more action screenshots and videos here to lighten the wait?

19 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Most of the attention seems to be concentrated on the Cold War game, which isn't surprising given the great AAR, video and other activity that goes on there.  I think the team working on Fire and Rubble can in that respect learn something from the team working on CMCW. One gets the feeling Cold War will be sooner upon us than Fire and Rubble. 

Can't we have some more action screenshots and videos here to lighten the wait?

Disappointing I am looking forward to Fire and Rubble. For us 70-plussers WW 2 was still recent history. 

1 hour ago, chuckdyke said:

Disappointing I am looking forward to Fire and Rubble. For us 70-plussers WW 2 was still recent history. 

Ahum...I'm 57, my friend. I may sound wise for my years, but I'm still fit as a chap of 37. 😀

But you're right, it's especially the elder generations that like the Eastern front. Probably has got something to do with Cold War sentiments and the threat of that time. In my youth the mood was very anti-German when it came to WW2, which isn't strange of course. And yet people were much more interested in German military actions and equipment than that of the Allies. But it's the same with the Napoleonic period. Napoleon was after 1815 also seen as a butcher and a criminal and yet everybody is fascinated by that little megalomaniac.

Edited by Aragorn2002

5 minutes ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

Although I'm excited for Cold War, Fire and Rubble is what I need. I think it will probably come out this month. Then CW. We're going to be busy.

Good times. Looking at the AAR that's raging at the CMCW forum I think I will join the Americans in their fight against the Reds. Or even the other way around, although I will never admit that of course.

Edited by Aragorn2002

13 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Ahum...I'm 57, my friend. I may sound wise for my years, but I'm still fit as a chap of 37. 😀

But you're right, it's especially the elder generations that like the Eastern front. Probably has got something to do with Cold War sentiments and the threat of that time. In my youth the mood was very anti-German when it came to WW2, which isn't strange of course. And yet people were much more interested in German military actions and equipment than that of the Allies. But it's the same with the Napoleonic period. Napoleon was after 1815 also seen as a butcher and a criminal and yet everybody is fascinated by that little megalomaniac.

I still remember the Netherlands of the 50' and 60's. Eastern front was popular because we didn't like either side. You were not biased when you played either German or Russian with your 'Airfix' army. Besides you saw it at once what a brilliant design the Russian T34 was compared with the Churchill Tank. The latter was a pest to assemble with the little wheels. And the T34 came with 2 turrets the 76mm and 85mm. Now I am retired I am right back to my early years. All of them guys complaining this game is Utopian. No models to paint or assemble and try to play that every mm is a mtr with 1:72 models. You just can't make some people happy.  

4 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

I still remember the Netherlands of the 50' and 60's. Eastern front was popular because we didn't like either side. You were not biased when you played either German or Russian with your 'Airfix' army. Besides you saw it at once what a brilliant design the Russian T34 was compared with the Churchill Tank. The latter was a pest to assemble with the little wheels. And the T34 came with 2 turrets the 76mm and 85mm. Now I am retired I am right back to my early years. All of them guys complaining this game is Utopian. No models to paint or assemble and try to play that every mm is a mtr with 1:72 models. You just can't make some people happy.  

Utopian games can be great. Same as non-historical or fictional scenarios.