Fire and Rubble Update

BFCElvis

1 hour ago, Grisha said:

CMRT has had no expansion other than from the player community.

At the grave risk of going off-topic, is that a sunflower mod in your profile picture or is it a 'real' photo?  It has bearing on some recent discussions, plus I have oddly experienced the joys of growing sunflowers this summer.  Yes, in Somerset, in the UK - odd, at least for me.

As for the delay, my response as usual is 'I'm playing the wonderful CMBN in the meantime anyway'.  I am fairly new to the game so it has much more to offer than I have time for, and it's a great experience nearly every time I play it.  Except for those times I make bad decisions 😉.

Friday afternoon and finally off video conference calls.  Gawd I both love Zoom and hate it.

There are lots of reasons for delay and for those of us who have been around a while it is a constant joke on Steve's ability to wildly overestimate when a product will be out.  We love ya steve but I always double or triple your estimates.  :D  Covid has impacted all of us and I really appreciate Combatintman's concerns.  My wife and I both have aging mother's that are very vulnerable.  In my case I can't visit her because of the risk, my wife is unable to even assume risk, she is simply prohibited.  Despite all the fluff from the orange man, a vaccine is a ways off and even then we are looking at manufacturing and distribution - and a possible mutation.  From a work perspective my job has gotten extremely time consuming and difficult and I barely even have time to play CM much less beta test it. For Steve etal sure they had requirements for their other contracts as well as trying to patch all the titles for various issues continue work on modules and deal with their personal lives.  Right now if anything we should all be giving each other leeway to deal with a difficult time.  Freakin sky is at least not yellow here today with smoke forcing everyone indoors.  I have a bottle of wine, some sashimi grade seafood was just delivered, my wife is healthy and it is the weekend.  I'll take it.

38 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

At the grave risk of going off-topic, is that a sunflower mod in your profile picture or is it a 'real' photo?  It has bearing on some recent discussions, plus I have oddly experienced the joys of growing sunflowers this summer.  Yes, in Somerset, in the UK - odd, at least for me.

As for the delay, my response as usual is 'I'm playing the wonderful CMBN in the meantime anyway'.  I am fairly new to the game so it has much more to offer than I have time for, and it's a great experience nearly every time I play it.  Except for those times I make bad decisions 😉.

I took that from an actual WWII photo on the Russian front. Must have been Summer '41 even. Sad when you actually see it. The tank in the picture is wrecked and abandoned. That's not a person at the top but a hatch left open.

Edited by Grisha

Oh and, Vacilllator, to off-topicalify this thread further I want you to know my wife and I visited your neck of the woods two summers ago. A walking tour to be exact, roughly around Taunton to Lynton. It was probably one of the best trips I've taken ever. First trip to England even. What I'd do for a real pasty now. Enjoy your little piece of paradise, sir.

Edited by Grisha

54 minutes ago, Grisha said:

First trip to England even. What I'd do for a real pasty now. Enjoy your little piece of paradise, sir.

You would of course be welcome any time, circumstances allowing.  We could meet up for a Lynton and Lynmouth walk, and include the Valley of Rocks, followed by cider or beer.  Oh happy times ❤️ hopefully to return soon...

On 9/6/2020 at 12:37 PM, BFCElvis said:

Sure. January 8th 2021. (release timed for Bowie's birthday)

@Aragorn2002I have given you an exact release date. There is no more need to ask for one anymore. Additionally, because we have an exact date announced, it is irrelevant to speculate on why that is the release date. What would doing that change since we have the exact date already? It won't change the date. Those that know why it is that date are bound by their NDAs and those that don't know...no other way to say it....don't know. If the delivery of the module is the only point of interest for you then I'd suggest you give yourself some space and take and deep breath and come back on January 7th. 

If you're interested in other aspects of the module and/or Combat Mission we'd love to hear from you. Your input is valued, appreciated and welcome.  

22 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

You would of course be welcome any time, circumstances allowing.  We could meet up for a Lynton and Lynmouth walk, and include the Valley of Rocks, followed by cider or beer.  Oh happy times ❤️ hopefully to return soon...

If you ever find your self out in the Northwest--Seattle to be exact--IM me and we'll see what the local breweries have on tap. COVID permitting, of course. Stay healthy, amigo.

5 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

@Aragorn2002I have given you an exact release date. There is no more need to ask for one anymore. Additionally, because we have an exact date announced, it is irrelevant to speculate on why that is the release date. What would doing that change since we have the exact date already? It won't change the date. Those that know why it is that date are bound by their NDAs and those that don't know...no other way to say it....don't know. If the delivery of the module is the only point of interest for you then I'd suggest you give yourself some space and take and deep breath and come back on January 7th. 

If you're interested in other aspects of the module and/or Combat Mission we'd love to hear from you. Your input is valued, appreciated and welcome.  

Unfortunately I take your announcements even less serious as those of Steve.

But it's nice to be appreciated.

Btw, Bowie was born on the 8th, not the 7th...

Edited by Aragorn2002

14 hours ago, Grisha said:

If you ever find your self out in the Northwest--Seattle to be exact--IM me and we'll see what the local breweries have on tap. COVID permitting, of course. Stay healthy, amigo.

Thanks for the kind offer, if I'm in that area any time I'll do my best to take you up on it 😉.  I do have extended family over there but they're in Colorado so not exactly next door.

10 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Btw, Bowie was born on the 8th, not the 7th...

Yes, I know. The announced date is January 8th (as you'll see in my post). I'd suggested checking in on the 7th to pre-order and to make sure something hadn't changed with that date.

(It's hard to be more aware of his birthday than I am...Through most of the 70's and 80's my friends and I would gather and listen to each album in chronological. 🙂

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

Yes, I know. The announced date is January 8th (as you'll see in my post). I'd suggested checking in on the 7th to pre-order and to make sure something hadn't changed with that date.

(It's hard to be more aware of his birthday than I am...Through most of the 70's and 80's my friends and I would gather and listen to each album in chronological. 🙂

I always liked Bowie, although not as much as you do. Under pressure with Freddy was a great song, same as China girl. Such great artists back then. 🙂

Apart from that I hope you aren't too serious about that date, because a pre-Christmas release would wipe away a lot of frustration and displeasure.  It would also mean I can finally stop making a nuisance of myself, which is also for myself quite exhausting to be honest.

44 minutes ago, Jumpete said:

Well, if January 7th is finally the release date, I assume that we'll can preorder around first days of November, right?

I think Elvis gave that date just to get me off his back. 🙂

Hopefully we will all have a white Christmas this year...😉

Edited by Aragorn2002

Yes, I know. The announced date is January 8th (as you'll see in my post).

I think this is one of those rare occasions in which somebody steals his own thunder :) After catching up with the thread I opened up www.battlefront.com and spotted this onthe front page

image.png.73996ce5c1ff276a7df303f6184c5847.png

Beware of any typos in the dates on the upcoming announcement!

Edited by BletchleyGeek

15 minutes ago, BletchleyGeek said:

I think this is one of those rare occasions in which somebody steals his own thunder :) After catching up with the thread I opened up www.battlefront.com and spotted this onthe front page

image.png.73996ce5c1ff276a7df303f6184c5847.png

Beware of any typos in the dates on the upcoming announcement!

Did I say January 8th? I meant Janruary 8th.

On 9/26/2020 at 11:52 PM, BFCElvis said:

Wait or no wait. Still my favourite game and can't wait. Thank you for all your hard work. Still can't get over the fact you guys keep the game with us in the modern era. Love that! More titles should do this! Thank you. 

4 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

January 7th is not the official release date. January 8th is. Pre-orders will be open before then.

Yes, that would be the right following order. You can of course first release it and then open the pre-orders, but that will cost you money....

Edited by Aragorn2002