Fire and Rubble Update

BFCElvis

34 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Perhaps that's what worries me most, the slow rate of release. After all Fire and Rubble is just a MODULE, and not even very different from the base game. 

Yepp...

I guess that like most i'm really hoping that this new partnership will improve things...

Significantelly !

Othervise it will be a long wait...

2 hours ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

Could be, but I wouldn't be surprised to get RT and the FB CW follow on before anything for BS/SF2.

I don't think they are really producing much new stuff for the modern titles, more that they keep them busy anyway, porting to Steam and supporting the military contract.

I'm just hoping the military guys with deep pockets start to point out some of the same issues gamers have been mentioning, so they can get fixed and hopefully get backported to the other titles.

4 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I don't think they are really producing much new stuff for the modern titles, more that they keep them busy anyway, porting to Steam and supporting the military contract.

The pipeline after RT, per Steve:

• CM Final Blitzkrieg Module.  This will take the Western Front from the Rein to the Elbe.
  • CM Black Sea Module.  Picture US Marines, Ukrainian VDD, and  Russia VDV forces added to the mix.
  • CM Red Thunder Battle Pack.  A bunch of battles for the late Summer 1944 time period was started a while back and is now moving forward again.
  • At least one more Battle Pack, yet to be determined.

1 hour ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

• CM Final Blitzkrieg Module.  This will take the Western Front from the Rein to the Elbe.
  • CM Black Sea Module.  Picture US Marines, Ukrainian VDD, and  Russia VDV forces added to the mix.
  • CM Red Thunder Battle Pack.  A bunch of battles for the late Summer 1944 time period was started a while back and is now moving forward again.

Really looking forward to Final Blitzkrieg as the British in Northern Germany. Now if only they would add the Russians to Shock Force 2...

8 hours ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:
13 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I'm taking their pipeline with a pinch of salt. Especially after the military contract, I could imagine some of those priorities got changed.

10 hours ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

but not necessarily in that order.....

This is blind speculation, but I wonder if CMSF2's move to Steam has thrown off BFC's planning. Should they put out the Fire and Rubble module in the usual manner? Or should they wait to see the results of partnering with Steam/Slitherine and adjust their release plans accordingly? Bear in mind, I've heard zero talk of this in the halls of the BFC office tower. But it would be logical for them to consider putting CMRT on Steam with the module... IF there have been no glitches with the partnership. There's lots for them to consider and it might take awhile before they have the data to reach any conclusions. BFC's had a very unusual year this year.

21 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

This is blind speculation, but I wonder if CMSF2's move to Steam has thrown off BFC's planning. Should they put out the Fire and Rubble module in the usual manner? Or should they wait to see the results of partnering with Steam/Slitherine and adjust their release plans accordingly? Bear in mind, I've heard zero talk of this in the halls of the BFC office tower. But it would be logical for them to consider putting CMRT on Steam with the module... IF there have been no glitches with the partnership. There's lots for them to consider and it might take awhile before they have the data to reach any conclusions. BFC's had a very unusual year this year.

For God's sake...

11 hours ago, MikeyD said:

No no no, go team, go go😃

11 hours ago, MikeyD said:

No no, go team go go 😃

18 hours ago, MikeyD said:

You're preaching to the choir, mate. To be fair, it's been a very unusual year for everyone. In a small company, folks have to wear a lot of hats. I'm sure Steam integration has cost some development time.

From what I gather, CM:SF2 is going to be the only CM title on Steam for the foreseeable future. If all the games get released on Steam -- we'll be waiting for a while. Dropping CM:RT with the new module on Steam would be an amicable compromise. 

Due to the unusual year, an unprecedented number of games have been delayed to Q4. I don't know if it will impact sales, but it's also partnered with decreased disposable income.