Fire and Rubble Update

BFCElvis

10 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

So given recent events, I would like to say 'when it's ready, it's ready'.  I'll buy it. 

Although to be honest I am somewhat distracted by being a gunner in a Tiger and basing what I do on a translation of the actual WW2 'manual' (which I already had from elsewhere).  How could I not love that?

Indeed. You convinced me. It's quite a hefty price, but I think this is one of those games that's worth the money.

On 12/4/2020 at 5:02 PM, Vacilllator said:

So given recent events, I would like to say 'when it's ready, it's ready'.  I'll buy it. 

Although to be honest I am somewhat distracted by being a gunner in a Tiger and basing what I do on a translation of the actual WW2 'manual' (which I already had from elsewhere).  How could I not love that?

That's the spirit. There is so much to do and play in CM let alone adding other games to your list.

2 hours ago, IanL said:

That's the spirit. There is so much to do and play in CM let alone adding other games to your list.

Totally agree @IanL except that I've already bought the said tank game and it's great if a little quirky.  But anyway I have no criticism of CM whatsoever and only await more WW2 content to buy.  Hang on, I don't have CMFB yet...

More seriously and in line with what you said, I have more CM already than I could hope to get through in a couple of years 😉.  And I love it ❤️.

Edited by Vacilllator

On 11/27/2020 at 10:12 PM, Wicky said:

Volks.jpg?v=9387e4d0f3ae50a0707ca51a7117

Which made me wonder: Is the protection of helmets modelled in this game? Of course they won't save you from a bullet, but they might deflect a fragment, and definitely help against fist-sized rocks falling from the sky after a nearby explosion.

23 minutes ago, DesertFox said:

Let´s hope for a january 2021 release. 12 January was the start of the Vistula-Oder operation.

I'm just about finished with Volume 2 of The Oderfront 1945 by  Stephan Hamilton. The Germans did pretty good considering the odds. Hopefully there will be quite a few scenarios for that.

Here's another screenshot that isn't meant to be an Ansel Adams work of art. As I was playing a campaign battle I saw this and thought some of you may get a kick out of it. I imagine a fair amount of players are men of a certain age and feel this guys pain......Although,..he ain't feeling it anymore.

pattern.jpg

6 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Here's another screenshot that isn't meant to be an Ansel Adams work of art. As I was playing a campaign battle I saw this and thought some of you may get a kick out of it. I imagine a fair amount of players are men of a certain age and feel this guys pain......Although,..he ain't feeling it anymore.

pattern.jpg

Yea, thanks...

So.....I'm one of those lucky people who immediately pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077 and now I have finally played around with it.  :mellow:

On this basis I can only say, "Battlefront.....I don't care how long it takes, please don't release it until it's finished and thoroughly tested, by actual gamers, doing gamer stuff."  :rolleyes:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

One of the cooler things that Ben came up with for the module is a first. We expect to release 5 campaigns with the module. One "typical" Soviet campaign. One "typical" German campaign. The campaign that Ithikial is describing in his thread on this forum.

The other 2 were born out of a massive battle. Ben had made a stand alone battle that was a monster. A Night at the Opera was it's title. A huge epic 2 hour battle. Then Ben had a pretty clever idea. Make it a 2 battle campaign. Not just make it a 2 battle campaign but make 2 of them so that it is playable from either the German or the Soviet side. Here's a taste of the map.  

Opera 1.jpg

Opera 2.jpg

47 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

One of the cooler things that Ben came up with for the module is a first. We expect to release 5 campaigns with the module. One "typical" Soviet campaign. One "typical" German campaign. The campaign that Ithikial is describing in his thread on this forum.

The other 2 were born out of a massive battle. Ben had made a stand alone battle that was a monster. A Night at the Opera was it's title. A huge epic 2 hour battle. Then Ben had a pretty clever idea. Make it a 2 battle campaign. Not just make it a 2 battle campaign but make 2 of them so that it is playable from either the German or the Soviet side. Here's a taste of the map.  

Opera 1.jpg

Opera 2.jpg

Great stuff. I guess that will deal with 150 Division storming the Reichstag? Sounds great! Keep those pics coming.

map-battle-for-reichstag.jpg

google-earth-historische-aufnahmen-aus-berlin-faszinierend-und-erschuetternd-745x559-8c0f6b1077e2b75f.jpg

5 minutes ago, DesertFox said:

Great stuff. I guess that will deal with 150 Division storming the Reichstag? Sounds great! Keep those pics coming.

map-battle-for-reichstag.jpg

Looking at this map brings back the nightmares. Moltke Bridge.......Moltke Bridge..........Moltke Bridge...................

Opera 3.jpg

On 12/11/2020 at 2:50 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

So.....I'm one of those lucky people who immediately pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077 and now I have finally played around with it.  :mellow:

On this basis I can only say, "Battlefront.....I don't care how long it takes, please don't release it until it's finished and thoroughly tested, by actual gamers, doing gamer stuff."  :rolleyes:

Sorry, man...PC or console? The way they released it on last-gen consoles under false pretences is close to fraud.

There is a second map, as well (from the big map, which can be cut down for these things)- that one covers the Reichstag, Adlon Hotel, and a bit further in.

There is a typo (Lehrter Station) that won't be in the one everyone plays.

Edited by benpark

1 hour ago, BletchleyGeek said:

Those two battle campaigns sound like an interesting concept. Looking for to play them.

.... aaaand out of curiosity, how many scenarios are shipping with Fire and Rubble?

Right now there are 24. Pretty big number. We're waiting for a couple of things to be added and there have been threats that once they are there might be another battle or 2. Also, sometimes scenarios get pulled at the last minute for one reason or the other.

One of the reasons we don't like to get into that is that it isn't an accurate number until the game ships. It isn't impossible (although it is unlikely) that the module ships with 2 campaigns and not 5. Nothing is chiseled in stone until it is released. Rome to Victory ended up having more scenarios than the original pre-order details said . I think the pre-order announcement said 8 and I think it shipped with 15 (note to self....check to see if the website properly reflects what the module shipped with). That was one of the very few good things about the extraordinarily long time between pre-orders opening and final release. And also, there were a couple of "hey, guys. Is it too late to add another?"

Out of curiosity, are there going to be another couple of updates to the other games when this Fire and Rubble is released? I know there were a few updates a couple of months ago and Red Thunder would get those with Fire and Rubble. But that was quite a while ago and maybe Battlefront decided to do some more changes/updates which the other games will get when Fire and Rubble is released.

4 hours ago, benpark said:

There is a second map, as well (from the big map, which can be cut down for these things)- that one covers the Reichstag, Adlon Hotel, and a bit further in.

Sounds intense -- like a battle for the Reichstag should be. Can't wait for the massive 2x2 hour assault -- also greatly appreciate having both sides playable.