Fire and Rubble Update

BFCElvis

On 10/31/2020 at 10:28 AM, BornGinger said:

It takes a while for the new module to be finished and that will hopefully mean that it's going to be grand. As I won't get Red Thunder, YouTube videos of this module are what I am waiting for.

wha? why not? 

20 hours ago, Bubba883XL said:

wha? why not? 

Not speaking for BornGinger, but maybe, like me, this person would have rather the time line went towards Kursk or Barbarossa instead?? Having said that I will more than likely purchase FnR to support BF. I am not really a fan of the last days battles though, but I will let the immersion decide that for me.

21 hours ago, Bubba883XL said:

wha? why not? 

I bought Final Blitz with the mindset that it would be a bit more up to date than Red Thunder. Only after having played the Red Thunder demo it was clear to me that those both games where more or less the same game.

So I stay with Final Blitz for now and will probably buy an Eastern Front game if there will be a new game engine coming.

23 minutes ago, BornGinger said:

I bought Final Blitz with the mindset that it would be a bit more up to date than Red Thunder. Only after having played the Red Thunder demo it was clear to me that those both games where more or less the same game.

Don't forget that the RT demo (and others) are Engine 3, whereas the full games are Engine 4.  If it makes a difference to your argument 😉.

1 hour ago, Jumpete said:

We're near mid November. Based on BF release time frames, if in the next few days we haven't a F&R pre-order, I have serious doubts that the module will be released in 2020.

The best, as always, the communication policy of BF.

Missed this then ...

On 9/6/2020 at 5:37 PM, BFCElvis said:

Sure. January 8th 2021. (release timed for Bowie's birthday)

On 11/5/2020 at 6:40 PM, Vacilllator said:

Don't forget that the RT demo (and others) are Engine 3, whereas the full games are Engine 4.  If it makes a difference to your argument 😉.

I think they update the demos to the most current engine, time permitting.

6 hours ago, waffelmann said:

I thought this time was not meant seriously?

How serious do you need it to be ...

On 9/26/2020 at 11:52 PM, BFCElvis said:

@Aragorn2002I have given you an exact release date. There is no more need to ask for one anymore. Additionally, because we have an exact date announced, it is irrelevant to speculate on why that is the release date. What would doing that change since we have the exact date already? It won't change the date. Those that know why it is that date are bound by their NDAs and those that don't know...no other way to say it....don't know. If the delivery of the module is the only point of interest for you then I'd suggest you give yourself some space and take and deep breath and come back on January 7th. 

If you're interested in other aspects of the module and/or Combat Mission we'd love to hear from you. Your input is valued, appreciated and welcome.  

1 hour ago, Combatintman said:

How serious do you need it to be ...

First I want to say, that I have no problem to wait. I have enough other games to play and even in the combat mission games, which I own, is enough content for me to play for years.

Then I will explain, why I didin't took it too serious (and like always I hope it will be understandable, because my english is reaaaaly bad😉)

First I think that Steve said (in a interview?) that the module will be released this year.

And then I had the impression that Elvis was a little nerved about the permanent questions about a release date. So he gave the people a date. For his peace.

Additional he said that we should come back at the 7sth january and when it is not out then we will see then.

(15th post Page 24 this thread, I don't know how to quote different posts)

And I thought, that there would be an official release (real) date, it would not be buried in this thread.

These were my thoughts.

So I will be happy when it comes earlier, but I have no problem, when it comes at the 8th or when it comes later!

Understandable?

Greetings, Alex

2 hours ago, waffelmann said:

And I thought, that there would be an official release (real) date, it would not be buried in this thread.

Ufff...can't edit my post. I wanted to say:

"And I thought,  if that would be an an official release (real) date, it would not be buried in this thread."

I should really re-read my posts several times bevor the real posting...🤔

Embarrassing...

Edited by waffelmann
Blub...

On 11/7/2020 at 1:55 PM, rocketman said:

I think they update the demos to the most current engine, time permitting.

I'm sure you're right, but as it stands the demos are 3, the full games are 4.  Perhaps that's a deliberate decision or just a matter of taking time to update.

On 11/13/2020 at 3:15 PM, DerKommissar said:

Here, here! Toss the dogs of war a bone.

I'm, still, holding out hope Fire & Rubble will be released before Cyberpunk 2077.

Before the Christmas holidays would be great, although my wife won't agree with that.

Btw Douglas E.Nash released the second volume of his trilogy on the IV.SS Panzerkorps, covering the Budapest relief efforts in December 1944 until February 1945, called From the Realm of a Dying Sun. I have it in my hands while I type this and it is as good as the first volume, which is high praise. Nash is superb. Good company for the coming Fire and Rubble module. Recommended.

Btw, does anybody know whether Douglas E. Nash is related to George H. Nash, the author?

Edited by Aragorn2002

I recall Steve did say in the September interview that it would be ready before end of year.  I am assuming 'end of year' is based on modern western calendar and not some ancient Aztec or Celtic calendar.  So I am expecting they are keeping their powder dry for a pleasant ambush when we are least expecting it sometime in the next 6 weeks.

32 minutes ago, Buck72 said:

So another year drifts past and still no "Fire & Rubble".... no communication, no nothing.

I wish that there was something new to report. Most scenarios are completed and marked as "Final"(I should have checked my last post to see if this was true then). Most campaigns are likely complete but still being run through the wringer.