Fire and Rubble Update

BFCElvis

On 2/27/2020 at 3:36 AM, BFCElvis said:

It's been a coupla/few weeks since an update was made and that's too long. I have good news and I have bad news........

The bad news. As some may have guessed (and if you don't know what I'm referring to I invite you to explore the whole forum and you'll see what I mean....yes...I am being purposely obtuse) our special project has taken away assets that would otherwise be devoted to getting this module to you guys. That will end (for a while) in the next few weeks allowing full focus to be on this module. 

The good news is that it hasn't taken all of the assets and things have not stopped moving forward.  The number of stand alone battles continues to grow. The campaigns are very far along and waiting for final TO&E to be finished. The only major formations that haven't been added are the Partisans. If they were in you'd see them in the screenshots below. There are a couple of other nice surprises that I will post as soon as I can get them displayed the way that I want to present them (one thing in particular).

I'm not going to venture a guess on the release but "very soon" and "very very soon" are not where we're at. But we are at "soon". In the meantime, here are a few things that you haven't seen before. Anyone know what they are?

Brrrr.png

SS2.png

ss3.png

🤨

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

🤨

Your timing is perfect. I was just thinking that it had been a while since I posted here (and I still haven't finished my side of the AAR) and trying to think of what kind of update would be useful or interesting information.

Most stand alone scenarios are marked as "Final". Which, for us, means that they are done done. The artwork is in, they've been tested and tweaked all that they are going to be tested and tweaked (unless something very unexpected comes up in a build that would break the scenario).

The campaigns are close to being wrapped up.

There is one fairly big TO&E element that has not been added to the module yet. Once that's in I would expect for things to move along extremely quickly.

23 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Your timing is perfect. I was just thinking that it had been a while since I posted here (and I still haven't finished my side of the AAR) and trying to think of what kind of update would be useful or interesting information.

Most stand alone scenarios are marked as "Final". Which, for us, means that they are done done. The artwork is in, they've been tested and tweaked all that they are going to be tested and tweaked (unless something very unexpected comes up in a build that would break the scenario).

There is one fairly big TO&E element that has not been added to the module yet. Once that's in I would expect for things to move along extremely quickly.

Thanks for the update! 😀

28 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

That sound great! Chances to see this module (and base game) on steam?

Guitar riff in Rebel Rebel: coolest thing ever.  How come sh*thead musicians seem to live forever and all the good ones die early.  Pat Boone is still alive. 

I wonder if BFC will have Steam RT release going before F&R release?  that would be cool for the Steam folks. 

5 hours ago, danfrodo said:

Guitar riff in Rebel Rebel: coolest thing ever. 

You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger Bowie fan than me (I could get into it but it isn't the right place and it's likely to bore) but I only found out recently that Bowie played that riff on the album. I couldn't remember who played guitar on the album about a month ago. I looked it up and except for one song the only guitar credits were for Bowie.

8 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger Bowie fan than me (I could get into it but it isn't the right place and it's likely to bore) but I only found out recently that Bowie played that riff on the album. I couldn't remember who played guitar on the album about a month ago. I looked it up and except for one song the only guitar credits were for Bowie.

Ah, that's one my favourite popular music trivia facts 

https://bowiesongs.wordpress.com/category/diamond-dogs-1974/

Alan Parker played the riff on the record, using a Les Paul standard and a Fender reverb amp with a single Wharfedale speaker. He later said Bowie had about three-fourths of the riff down when he played it for Parker on an acoustic guitar: he told Parker to make it a bit more Rolling Stones. Parker replayed the riff on his electric, adding some clang and bends (Bowie credited Parker with the three final notes of the riff: Ab, D and E). Its godfather was Keith Richards, who’d made a lifetime habit of compelling two-chord riffs; its target was Mick Ronson, who Bowie seemed to be trying to outdo.

Alan who?

Despite being decidedly mediocre for decades Bromley Dave and the Self-Publicists did hit the nail on the head with Rebel Rebel, the guitar riff still sounds great. And the lyrics, wow.

"Hot titties and worn out shoes. Barry Obama always sang the blues. Ribble valley, I kinda like your style. Ribble valley won't yer put it on trial?"