Fire and Rubble

BFCElvis

3 minutes ago, benpark said:

For Volkssturm, "military" branch.

It may have been possible, as the formation is "new".

Almost forgot Partisans, they will have military side-caps and civilian-type hats/caps (different than Middle-European versions). The models are a mix of civilian gear and military soldier models (with breaches, IIRC).

Okay perhaps moddable with the heer/ss then. Wow. You guys have put so much work in. Amazing!

1 hour ago, benpark said:

Gebirgsjägers are a bit different. Those uniforms I did (using Mike's base) were a last minute add for CMFB, I believe. Steve had to do some magic to get the uniforms to show, so changing the headgear is another layer of complexity beyond the others. Better than not having the uniform at all, in my book. Possible in the future, but these seemingly small changes are prone to break lots of stuff.

...well...i´m an Ostfronter...you know how we are ...always ranting to the minimal thing...ofcourse Gebirgsjägers are wellcome even with sidecaps (I wonder how a uniform freak as Steve allowed it to happens...he is becoming old I guess)...

1 hour ago, benpark said:

There is an M43 cap in...

if is the one I saw... well...almost a m43...ok ok I stop it...one stupid question...is the 3D model (.mds) the same for all the sidecaps?, if yes, well I will mess it a little bit more that desired...

It's also about finding evidence of use in combat conditions (which is varied research and imperfect science for determination of that).

That rule was loosened somewhat because of the specific period we are dealing with, but it is a large consideration to get things in that framework.

4 minutes ago, benpark said:

It's also about finding evidence of use in combat conditions (which is varied research and imperfect science for determination of that).

ye it is, and thanks to that science we will have Jagdtigers...you guys are delivering a piece of art...for you to Know

2 hours ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

Okay perhaps moddable with the heer/ss then. Wow. You guys have put so much work in. Amazing!

I would prefer if they kept it to Volkssturm. The Volkssturm would be wearing field caps in combat simply because they didn't receive helmets.

24 minutes ago, Frenchy56 said:

I would prefer if they kept it to Volkssturm. The Volkssturm would be wearing field caps in combat simply because they didn't receive helmets.

They don t recieve perhaps the usual helmet but they recieve it a old model !

I keep this picture to make  a mod later for FR...so Volksturm helmet yes !

vollsturm.png

10 minutes ago, Frenchy56 said:

Hi Frenchy!, I was thinking of you..I own you one due to the tank officers sidecaps...you save my life...and pretend to get the m43 cap in action  in the near future...your contribution gets me into messing with the mds's (...i do myself a mod for the pzgrenadiers that force the tankers to have strange sole shoes and flak-sdkfs  crew uniforms are messy...but...😏...you cannot get everything)

Just hope the new units do not abuse of common 3d models for me to continue to mess with it a little bit more (will love some day their mds would follow the rule of the bmps, so this is for pzgr, that for crew and those for gbj)...

3 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

They don t recieve perhaps the usual helmet but they recieve it a old model !

I keep this picture to make  a mod later for FR...so Volksturm helmet yes !

And now comes JM, another great modder, to whom I was always shy to ask if it is difficult to add a visor to the sidecap...

41 minutes ago, Frenchy56 said:

I hear you. That's why I said it would be nice if it was "moddable." I just prefer the ragtag look instead of the uniform look of the early war.

eiowcibk9mu21.png

Edited by Anonymous_Jonze

1 minute ago, Dan Dare said:

And now comes JM, another great modder, to whom I was always shy to ask if it is difficult to add a visor to the sidecap...

Not a  great modder only interrested to do something correct for myself, but liked to share what I do if this is useful for everybodys, and dont be shy to ask something if I can I can, if not I will already tell you !...

Mr JM, i can assure you that compared to me you ar Michelangelo...not the turtle...the italian...

and by the way...your chin strap mod brougth me back to play on the USARMY side again...I was tired of being on the 1st Infatry Division all the time...

Edited by Dan Dare

1 minute ago, Dan Dare said:

Mr JM, i can assure you that compared to me you ar Michelangelo...not the turtle...the italian...

Me is not Mr but JM only pls...so do you mean that the italian helmet will be more adapted to the Romananian one or I dont understand your question ?

On 3/27/2021 at 6:10 PM, BFCElvis said:

I forget if Ben or I mentioned the setting for them.......

Here's the campaign run-down for the ones not described yet. Ithikial has an additional campaign that he has been outlining, so that's another campaign in the mix, additional to the below.

The German and Soviet main, and more traditional campaigns are each around 9 battles, depending upon track. These each have some limited branching to keep things interesting.

Each of the below has some degree of variable set-up for each campaign scenario, again-to keep things interesting over more than one play-through.

3 AI plans are the norm for each, as well. A lot of attention has been given to the AI in both the attack and defense, and I hope it shows when you are hunkered down in the Hegyikastély, or countering attacks outside of Naugard.

I am a proponent of letting everyone discover the thing "as new" as much as possible, so I'll be posting just the thumbnails for the settings and forces for now, with a brief description of the Berlin campaigns.

The two central campaigns are somewhat "phased"- The Soviets have 3/3/3 phases- 3 battles in Poland, 3 in Germany, and 3 in Berlin. The Germans are phased by KG assignment, as Regiment "Norge" is the through-line. It is about half KG Darges, half KG Phillip. Some branching may impact that, but the variable AI should keep it interesting between plays.

Soviet campaign:

607320445_cmredthunder.exeScreenshot2021_04.03-20_31.26_31.png.98706e4a1a15ba87f838d6f99024492f.png

German Campaign:

1050933433_cmredthunder.exeScreenshot2021_04.03-20_31_13_41.png.cd975108dcc4f1fdeadce8acdc3d5c86.png

Berlin. Two versions, one for the Soviet side (pummel away, but watch those Panzerfausts), and one for the German (enjoy the pummeling).

The following campaigns (roughly the same, from two different perspectives) cover the fighting for the Lehrter Station and Kroll Oper in the first battle, the Reichstag and to the Staatsoper in the second battle. Forces are retained over the two battles, with some limited replacements/reinforcements. Two battles each.

The idea for these was to somewhat recreate the feeling of the old CMx1 Operations. One force, during a single battle, linked terrain. There isn't persistent damage, but creative map positioning gives a sense of advancing over the ground fought over.

1144700148_cmredthunder.exeScreenshot2021_04.03-20_31_22_38.png.24079fe94af4314e96f44d9886c8ba38.png

291360860_cmredthunder.exeScreenshot2021_04.03-20_31_17_67.png.0a9ca5eaaee3eb7a58875859956843b6.png

17 minutes ago, benpark said:

Here's the campaign run-down for the ones not described yet. Ithikial has an additional campaign that he has been outlining, so that's another campaign in the mix, additional to the below.

The way it is going I am quickly losing interest in Fire and Rubble. I still play RT with engine3 wanted to update and was waiting for Fire and Rubble. Never mind SF2, FB, Battle for Normandy is enough for the time being. Feel sorry for the people who already put their hard-earned cash down. 

Edited by chuckdyke

27 minutes ago, benpark said:

The German and Soviet main, and more traditional campaigns are each around 9 battles, depending upon track. These each have some limited branching to keep things interesting.

Each of the below has some degree of variable set-up for each campaign scenario, again-to keep things interesting over more than one play-through.

3 AI plans are the norm for each, as well. A lot of attention has been given to the AI in both the attack and defense, and I hope it shows when you are hunkered down in the Hegyikastély, or countering attacks outside of Naugard.

I am a proponent of letting everyone discover the thing "as new" as much as possible, so I'll be posting just the thumbnails for the settings and forces for now, with a brief description of the Berlin campaigns.

The two central campaigns are somewhat "phased"- The Soviets have 3/3/3 phases- 3 battles in Poland, 3 in Germany, and 3 in Berlin. The Germans are phased by KG assignment, as Regiment "Norge" is the through-line. It is about half KG Darges, half KG Phillip. Some branching may impact that, but the variable AI should keep it interesting between plays.

Soviet campaign:

607320445_cmredthunder.exeScreenshot2021_04.03-20_31.26_31.png.98706e4a1a15ba87f838d6f99024492f.png

German Campaign:

1050933433_cmredthunder.exeScreenshot2021_04.03-20_31_13_41.png.cd975108dcc4f1fdeadce8acdc3d5c86.png

Berlin. Two versions, one for the Soviet side (pummel away, but watch those Panzerfausts), and one for the German (enjoy the pummeling).

The following campaigns (roughly the same, from two different perspectives) cover the fighting for the Lehrter Station and Kroll Oper in the first battle, the Reichstag and to the Staatsoper in the second battle. Forces are retained over the two battles, with some limited replacements/reinforcements. Two battles each.

The idea for these was to somewhat recreate the feeling of the old CMx1 Operations. One force, during a single battle, linked terrain. There isn't persistent damage, but creative map positioning gives a sense of advancing over the ground fought over.

1144700148_cmredthunder.exeScreenshot2021_04.03-20_31_22_38.png.24079fe94af4314e96f44d9886c8ba38.png

291360860_cmredthunder.exeScreenshot2021_04.03-20_31_17_67.png.0a9ca5eaaee3eb7a58875859956843b6.png