Rome to Victory Release Date

6 hours ago, PIATpunk said:

Thank you for supporting the team and not complaining.  Much.

I think I read somewhere that those who pre-ordered will receive the game on a DVD of Christal  with a box covered with Damascus leather embroidered with fine gold and inlaid with precious stones
and the game manual handwritten on vellum with polychrome illuminations
it's worth the wait !!!

This is fascinating.  We are all watching for signs, like looking at the entrails of a sacrificed chicken, so we can predict when new module will be out.  Except that those in control don't actually know when it will be out because they are fixing this & that as they find further issues.  It'll be out when it's done.  except that the liver of the latest chicken I sacrificed was VERY healthy and fat, therefore October release.  Except that the entrails seemed to indicate a possible slip into November due to the Gods displeasure with the slightly imperfect way in which I cut the chicken's throat, which was I am sure at least somewhat offensive to some of the lesser Gods though unnoticed by the greater Gods but the lesser Gods will now lobby for delay, possibly leading to the greater Gods, being capricious simply because that's a way to exercise and demonstrate their power, reconsidering October, as they had done for September and August.  So as you can see, the omens are mixed and portend for both soon and delayed release.  Also, some of the Gods are angered by run-on sentences, so now I've done it.

3 hours ago, DerKommissar said:

Any update on release date? I presume it's end of October?

Yeah. I'm out of the estimate game for now. I would have bet that we'd have it in September. It is getting wrapped up but beyond that I ain't saying much about the release date until I start using the word "very". 🙂

4 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Yeah. I'm out of the estimate game for now. I would have bet that we'd have it in September. It is getting wrapped up but beyond that I ain't saying much about the release date until I start using the word "very". 🙂

Very #1 : said

Very #2 : unsaid as of now

Very #3 : unsaid as of now

3 hours ago, Xorg_Xalargsky said:

You may mock us and view us as fools, but our faith in the Module keeps us strong.

I talked with one of God's angels today and the only word he would say was "Soon". Interpret that as you see fit, but to me, it's crystal clear.

Mocking you?  I am mocking me.  I go to this thread every day, looking at entrails.  You speak with angels?  -- can you ask them to put hair back on the top my head?  Gets cold on top in the winter.

18 hours ago, danfrodo said:
21 hours ago, Xorg_Xalargsky said:

You may mock us and view us as fools, but our faith in the Module keeps us strong.

I talked with one of God's angels today and the only word he would say was "Soon". Interpret that as you see fit, but to me, it's crystal clear.

Mocking you?  I am mocking me.  I go to this thread every day, looking at entrails.  You speak with angels?  -- can you ask them to put hair back on the top my head?  Gets cold on top in the winter.

Hilarious guys.

22 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

You already did several times.

7 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

I thought about that. Even considered this sentence instead "....I ain't saying much about the release date until I start using the "V" word ". 🙂

Don't worry about it. I'm sure you hate it as much as we do. Probably even more.

Edited by Aragorn2002

2 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Don't worry about it. I'm sure you hate it as much as we do. Probably even more.

More than you can imagine. 

But (and I guess this may come as a mini-bone) the extra time has led to a coupla/few more stand alone battles. There are some really cool battles in this module. Some are unlike any type of battle I've played. I won't elaborate on what I mean by that until it's out and people have had time to discover them.  

17 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

But (and I guess this may come as a mini-bone) the extra time has led to a coupla/few more stand alone battles. There are some really cool battles in this module. Some are unlike any type of battle I've played. I won't elaborate on what I mean by that until it's out and people have had time to discover them.  

Sounds good. Perhaps some CMRT bones would make the waiting more bearable.

2 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Cool :)

Any chance for some info on what the campaigns will deal with? How many scenarios? And QB maps? And master maps? And the meaning of life while we're at it ;)

23 minutes ago, Attilaforfun said:

I believe this is a marketing ploy after a long study of wargamers. Just this morning I was forced, very much against my will, to purchase and download FB 

No you weren't. I have it on good authority that at the time of your purchase Mr Axeman was wrapped in the arms of his sweet lady wife, and therefore not in a position to force you to do anything.

2 hours ago, Attilaforfun said:

As stated by the poster above...a RT expansion is what is really needed.  

+1 agree.  Although I will of course buy the Italy expansion it's the RT expansion i really want to get my hands on. 

I find the Italian theatre like walking through treacle tbh, much as I expect the allies did :)

Edited by Majick

I'm glad it's not out yet.... Just started working on a Shock Force 2 scenario. I have a Red Thunder on the back burner (because I got interested in SFCM2).... I have two Final Blitzkriegs almost done. However, I keep adding more to them. I stopped when my interest went to Black Sea.... worked on this outstanding scenario until I started working on a river crossing with the 36th Division in Italy... Then went back to updating my Primesole Bridge scenario.... then went back to my Monty Butchers update.... then went back to a Sherman platoon making contact with two Tigers (Keeping adding to that).... Then started working on my shock Force 2 scenario..... Yeah, I can wait. No problem here at all.