Rome to Victory Release Date

sigh  

If you work in software development, you know there are ALWAYS software bugs present.  Yeah, the 'development guidelines' want 100% coverage of testing cases, but as software complexity grows, the 100% mark grows what feels like exponentially -- generally no-one can afford to test all the possible permutations. It all depends on the risk associated with an error. For a game like CM, the bar can be much lower than, say, flight control software for a commercial airplane. Pixeltruppen meeting an untimely demise is vastly different than real world results. 

Some errors you know about prior to release, some you don't until it is released "into the wild". People do unexpected things. I've  been releasing software in one capacity or another since 1986, and nothing is ever perfect. You always strive to eliminate anything known to cause issues for X percent of cases. The question is always, "What is X? And where does a particular issue get prioritized? Above or below the line?"

IMHO, BFC does a good job of eliminating egregious issues and issues enjoyable, playable software. Patches follow to improve what has been released. I say go for it. I'd rather be playing than waiting forever...

2 hours ago, herr_oberst said:

sigh  

If you work in software development, you know there are ALWAYS software bugs present.  Yeah, the 'development guidelines' want 100% coverage of testing cases, but as software complexity grows, the 100% mark grows what feels like exponentially -- generally no-one can afford to test all the possible permutations. It all depends on the risk associated with an error. For a game like CM, the bar can be much lower than, say, flight control software for a commercial airplane. Pixeltruppen meeting an untimely demise is vastly different than real world results. 

Some errors you know about prior to release, some you don't until it is released "into the wild". People do unexpected things. I've  been releasing software in one capacity or another since 1986, and nothing is ever perfect. You always strive to eliminate anything known to cause issues for X percent of cases. The question is always, "What is X? And where does a particular issue get prioritized? Above or below the line?"

IMHO, BFC does a good job of eliminating egregious issues and issues enjoyable, playable software. Patches follow to improve what has been released. I say go for it. I'd rather be playing than waiting forever...

Well said. +1

20 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Well, if there are still bugs to fix by now, there's certainly very little to laugh about....

Found one yesterday. Pretty small one, but annoying just the same. Although actually it was pretty funny, other than the obvious issue of having a problem. 

On 9/30/2019 at 4:45 PM, weapon2010 said:

i guess it will be October.

Would be nice to find out before Nov. 1st if the module is going to slip again.  At this point I'm working under the impression that it's a "when it's done" kind of thing with no definitive release date.  No problem for me personally since I'm sure the module will be high quality whenever it does arrive, but it's a bit annoying to put down money for a preorder with a release "estimate" that just rolls along with the months.  Might as well make it clear on the store page that the release estimate is just 2019.

Edited by infierno

2 hours ago, infierno said:

Would be nice to find out before Nov. 1st if the module is going to slip again.  At this point I'm working under the impression that it's a "when it's done" kind of thing with no definitive release date.  No problem for me personally since I'm sure the module will be high quality whenever it does arrive, but it's a bit annoying to put down money for a preorder with a release "estimate" that just rolls along with the months.  Might as well make it clear on the store page that the release estimate is just 2019.

Don't get me started. 😀 Anyway you've deserved your first point with that remark. Apart from that I dread to think what this new delay means for the CMRT module. Fortunately I have other things on my hands at the moment, but still.

9 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Last thing I pre-ordered was Combat Rock by The Clash.

That was a solid record though -- why stop pre-ordering after that? Never figured them for being Royalist. Last thing I pre-ordered was Rome to Victory, xD.

8 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Apart from that I dread to think what this new delay means for the CMRT module. Fortunately I have other things on my hands at the moment, but still.

I'm guessing the CMRT module will come out in 2020. I hope a CMBS module will come out before the heat death of the universe.

3 hours ago, DerKommissar said:

why stop pre-ordering after that?

I pre-ordered it for two reasons. One to help it get to No1 in UK albums charts. And two, cuz the shop owner promised me the wall display.

I've never been that fussed about buying anything that may or may not get in the charts since.  

15 minutes ago, umlaut said:

Well, of course not. It was the only band that mattered, remember? 🙂

Hahaha. I've never been quite sure who came up with that slogan. Bernie Rhodes, Caroline Coon, or Kozmo Vinyl.? And for a short time they were vital.

Of course, the only British band who ever really mattered was The Ken Colyer Jazzmen. But, that is another story.

11 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Hahaha. I've never been quite sure who came up with that slogan. Bernie Rhodes, Caroline Coon, or Kozmo Vinyl.? And for a short time they were vital.

Of course, the only British band who ever really mattered was The Ken Colyer Jazzmen. But, that is another story.

They were the only band that mattered. The bummer with Combat Rock is that it was my least favorite (I don't even count Cut the Crap as a Clash album). Give'em Enough Rope.......that's the one that I probably still play once a week. 

11 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I pre-ordered Wordor two reasons. One to help it get? to No1 in UK albums charts. And two, cuz the shop owner promised me the wall display.

I've never been that fussed about buying anything that may or may not get in the charts since.  

So, pray tell, did they shop owner stick to his word?