why is the game so expensive

remyb1998

Hello,

can someone tell me why is the game so expensive for a game so old and still 60 euro

Because it sells enough at that price to keep the content creators comfortable and permits them to continue developing the product. It's not rocket science. Well, the coding's probably comparable, but the economic reasons are pretty straightforward.

Don't like it at that price, don't buy it. There are demos to give you a pretty good idea what you're getting for your money, which, by the way, is an absolute metric buttload. And all for no monthly fee.

Hello,

can someone tell me why is the game so expensive for a game so old and still 60 euro

Okay, I'll bite.

It is not expensive. Bang for the buck is excellent, you will get MANY hours of enjoyment out of this game for a long time. The game is not old, it has been updated constantly. Bottom line, this is the best game of its kind and the asking price is actually a steal.

All IMHO.

And yes, I am a fanboiii.

Expensive is a relative term. If you look at it in the context of total cost of product divided by hours spent in enjoyment, you will find it is quite reasonable. If this includes any VAT from the Information Technology Agreement, not much to be done about that. Having never had to buy with Euros and pay VAT, I can only offer that opinion. 

Just to be a pedant, this game (being posted in the CM:BS forum) is only 9 months old, having been released in only January of this year.

;)

And I would suggest there is more addictive quality game time in any one of the FIVE (5!) different free demo's for the CMx2 engine than there is in many complete paid games out there. I mean, how many games nowadays where the linear storyline takes perhaps 18-20 hours to complete? And then, that's it, game done....

Edited by gnarly

If you come at the game out of the model hobby end of the spectrum, a single quality plastic hobby kit will cost you as much as this entire game. Depending on the title, CM might give <>150 different vehicles to play with. There's a chance you've just paid your cable TV bill for the month. How much did that set you back?

It should also be noted that the CM franchise isn't really a 'game' per se but a rather serious tactical combat simulation. I cannot think of an instance were the developers had opted for 'game' over 'sim' when faced with a development choice. They're sticklers for historical fidelity, only compromising when faced with either incomplete source material or the (sometimes vexing) restrictions imposed by present day personal computers. Kind'a hard to give you BOTH realtime tracking of individual bullet trajectories and a 20 sq km map at the same time - on a home PC.  :D

BFC have unapologetically cofirmed a few concessions to gameplay over reality. Spotting is easier than it should be because huddling out of line of fire from unspotted enemy is no fun.I think there are a couple of calls like that which aren't primarily about simplifying the environment for the AI.

Just in the interest of accuracy.

They keep the price as is to keep people like you from buying and playing the game.

Its a real elitist group with the price of the game so high.

No bargain basement players here'

Really, sad when someone cannot handle a one time cost to get a game that has some substance.

And really, you know the price is really not that expensive.

BFC have unapologetically cofirmed a few concessions to gameplay over reality. Spotting is easier than it should be because huddling out of line of fire from unspotted enemy is no fun

I honestly don't have a clue what in heck you're talking about.

BFC have unapologetically cofirmed a few concessions to gameplay over reality. Spotting is easier than it should be because huddling out of line of fire from unspotted enemy is no fun.I think there are a couple of calls like that which aren't primarily about simplifying the environment for the AI.

Just in the interest of accuracy.

I would like to point out all games make that same concession...unless you know of one that is 1:1 representation of reality.

It is not expensive. Bang for the buck is excellent, you will get MANY hours of enjoyment out of this game for a long time. The game is not old, it has been updated constantly. Bottom line, this is the best game of its kind and the asking price is actually a steal.