Decals!!!!!

AstroCat

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will decals appear both sides if the round goes through?

Yes, they will.

Will impact decals inc small arms also appear on buildings and tree trunks etc.?

Found it

I believe the decals are for 12.7mm and up and, as you have already found, are applied to vehicles.

Just to show how good this stuff is - I'm watching a Nashhorn take a through and through hit, and love watching the exit decal appear and the round continue its flight - very cool.

Dead+Nashorn.jpg

I have to say this is more than impressive - it shows the physics at work - no dice roll kills here.

Trees with leaves on them tend to be green and well watered grass tends to be green no matter what part of the world you're in. The game's color palette started out closer to CMFI but got adjusted upon request. Of course a scenario designer can go all yellow grass if he wishes, including a new X-tall yellow grass terrain type I'm particularly partial to. :)

Trees with leaves on them tend to be green and well watered grass tends to be green no matter what part of the world you're in. The game's color palette started out closer to CMFI but got adjusted upon request. Of course a scenario designer can go all yellow grass if he wishes, including a new X-tall yellow grass terrain type I'm particularly partial to. :)

He means the unit icons Mikey.

Yup, what AKD said. Plus, keep in mind that shots don't often pass straight through a vehicle. The paper thin top of the Nashorn is not fortunate enough to be included in that group :D

As cool as this feature is I also have this fear. And it probably becomes even worse the better and therefore more expensive the ATG is. What is not like paper for a PAK43 or a 88? Using halftracks could become a gamey exploit. Currently this doesn't work, because of the problem, because losing the HT does not necessarily indicate the gun's position. But with exact decals this would be different.

For the points of a HT to know where the ATG definately is, could become a well accepted deal.

Instead of using strong tanks and hoping they will be able to survive long enough to fight back, I fear using a truck or Jeep and a mortar will become the solution of choice.

Maybe a slight random variation of the decal's positions would prevent that?