Decals!!!!!

AstroCat

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always eliminate so-called gamey effects (like triangulating sounds) by being a lazy player, as some of us are.

rotflamo - isn't that the real inspirational basis of 90% of technology?

Christ move 10 feet to change the channel? Damn I wish someone would develop a remote...

but I WILL walk into the kitchen for beer, hell maybe run during commercials!

Judging by the last several game releases I've seen, one gets the impression that some people imagine that the developers first complete the game then spend a month or two doing paperwork before finally releasing it. No, if they announce that the game is to be released in 4-6 weeks that means there's a solid 4-6 weeks worth of work yet to be done. Heck, sometimes a solid 7-8 weeks work of work left! ;)

In campaign mode, if a vehicle has hit decals on it at the end of the mission (but is still intact) and the vehicle is not repaired for the next mission, will the hit decals show up in the second mission? In other words, do the hit decals carry over from one mission to the next?

In campaign mode, if a vehicle has hit decals on it at the end of the mission (but is still intact) and the vehicle is not repaired for the next mission, will the hit decals show up in the second mission? In other words, do the hit decals carry over from one mission to the next?
That would be cool, not sure if they have that save state in the game or not?

Sorry, I never re-installed CMA after my computer crashed. Does anyone remember what the UI looked like (or the differences) between CMA and CMFI?

Perhaps this is the reason that none of the AARs are showing us the UI (or perhaps BF has one more surprise up their sleeve and want to wait for a complete version to show us).

is the new feature for decals "only" or does it include a vector that shows shot path, type of projectile and depth of penetration like in T72 balkans on fire?

the vector T72 BoF showed where exellent, but decals only are pretty unsignificant. i was kinda hyped about dacals in the original theatre of war game, it turned out they dont do much as you dont see em in battle anyways. in turnbased you can look them up if you spend the time, in realtime there is no time to look up deacls.

i dont see the fuss about this feature, if its decals only, well too bad. if it include the vectors like T72 Bof that is rly nice, i would like that.

is the new feature for decals "only" or does it include a vector that shows shot path, type of projectile and depth of penetration like in...

Yuck, no thanks. As the crew of the vehicle or even nearby observers who were not directly effected no one would be able to tell that kind of thing. No one would run up and collect the shell fragments to figure out what gun was used, no one would break out their measuring sticks to plot the trajectory. Not under fire anyway.