Pre-orders for the CMFB module Download are now open

2 hours ago, Raskol said:

Hi all, I bought the pack and I look forward to playing it.

Is there any posibbility for the game to be shared early to Combat Mission youtubers in order to create some hype? 

Thank you all for all your work. 

That used to be @ChrisND's forte. But, he might be too busy nowadays

5 hours ago, Lieutenant Ash said:

CM1 can look tidy when modded though.

As someone who never played CM1 (I'd like to say I'm too young, but that would be a lie) the only bit I don't like about those shots is the 'comic-style' crew members - oh and perhaps the huge star, but that might be correct? 

But anyway, we have the CM2 version about to come out of the closet...

32 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

As someone who never played CM1 (I'd like to say I'm too young, but that would be a lie) the only bit I don't like about those shots is the 'comic-style' crew members - oh and perhaps the huge star, but that might be correct? 

But anyway, we have the CM2 version about to come out of the closet...

Or the 2d wheels and suspension.. 

1 minute ago, Artkin said:

Or the 2d wheels and suspension..

Yeah, I can live with that though. One of my failings in CM is to not get down to the ground as often as I should, so I don't see every detail on the wheels.  Don't tell my opponents 🫣 ...

I'd say the biggest improvements in CM2 are infantry combat and spotting. Vehicle combat in CM1 actually isn't noticeably any worse than CM2, apart from being less visually gratifying. So it's definitely a good way to scratch any early war tank itch you might have if you can't wait for CM2 to move back to the early war. But there is no denying that infantry combat is much more abstracted.

Shame the Staghound III hasn't made the cut, even if it was a very late arrival (think the Canadians were the first to get them in April '45) it's such an interesting and kind of handsome heavy armoured car with the Crusader turret and 75mm gun, a kind of convergent evolution with the AEC III. 

2 hours ago, user1000 said:

I can't remember if this came during blitzkrieg or after. Germany put a lot into AAA at the end, flak towers etc.

image.jpeg

The vehicle is currently available in-game in the Panzergrenadier Battalion B (Panzer Brigade) formation, though it is only the early one with the 15mm guns.

In CMRT the late version with the 20mm guns is introduced in December 1944.

On 1/12/2024 at 11:07 PM, MikeyD said:

Sherman hybrid did make it into the game, but in the guise of a very late M4 Sherman 75 on the US side. Let me fire up a QB.

hybrid.jpg

But that does not look like a 17pdr gun that looks like a normal 75mm.

Am I missing something? Some of the pictures posted by @Frenchy56 look like 17pdrs and others like 75mm. The way I read the post was the hybrid was also a 17pdr.

On 1/11/2024 at 4:18 PM, Frenchy56 said:

The Hybrid Firefly served in Downfall's theater and is present in R2V,

I'm just trying to get this straight in my head. I appreciate all the learning going on.

12 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

The Brits converted M4 Sherman types to 17 pounders, including the hybrid chassis, but they all initially started out as 75mm Shermans. 

Ah, I see so the hybrid doesn't refer to the addition of the 17pdr gun but the hull and some of those were converted to Fire flys as well.

Thanks

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

The Brits converted M4 Sherman types to 17 pounders, including the hybrid chassis, but they all initially started out as 75mm Shermans. 

One heck of a conversion, at least for tank versus tank.  The 17 pdr went in upside down I think I read, and a crew member had to be dropped?  Or did I just dream the first bit of that...