Pre-orders for the CMFB module Download are now open

Anyone having issues with completing the installation? It starts fine, but once past the EULA, etc, I get this error...

"An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file: DeleteFile failed; code 5 Access is denied"

The file in question is "...User Data\ hotkeys.txt"

Win 11/64

No mods

Although the download text file says that admin level permissions are NOT required...I did try that after several failed attempts the normal way. No change...

5 minutes ago, cbennett88 said:

Anyone having issues with completing the installation? It starts fine, but once past the EULA, etc, I get this error...

"An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file: DeleteFile failed; code 5 Access is denied"

The file in question is "...User Data\ hotkeys.txt"

Problem seems to be solved. I went into the folder and removed the "hotkeys.txt" file. The installation went fine afterwards. 👍

13 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Just a question regarding to the pdf file (about tank riders).

I was checking briefly, the pdf file, tanks are not able to have some "tank riders" like the picture below, but

the "capacity of places" to transport them is free, I mean can be wearing some peoples, is this a mistake in the pdf or this will be like this in the game ?

Many tanks are in this situation...

This is perhaps a bad interpretation of the transport capacity but it will be nice to confirm !

Also that the Pershing appear as Medium tank, this one is not from a Heavy category ?

I've loaded up most of those tanks in the editor and in-game a lot of them (but not the smaller ones like the Stuarts) do allow riders, so I think it's just the vehicle pictures in the manual that look like they don't - they are probably mostly copies of pictures from elsewhere?

And yes the Pershing appears as a Medium.  A good-looking one at that 😉.

I believe there was a discussion about the Pershing initially being classified as a heavy tank but then reclassified as a medium tank. I'm not sure when that happened. I'll see if I can find the discussion.

Dave

[edit]  I can't find or remember where it was discussed. Note that in the QB and I assume Scen. Ed. the Pershings are present as a "Heavy Tank Company" in formations, even though the tanks themselves are listed as medium tanks. 

Edited by Ultradave

Ok then if the cats out of the bag, just downloaded and installed. Encountered a couple of issues, Norton didn't like the installer and kept trying to block the installation, luckily my daughter who is more computer savvy was around and managed to get Norton to cooperate. Second was a corrupt download which stopped the installation near the end, fortunately I was able to 'roll back' the installation and re downloaded the file.

Game now running well and 'CMBO' is finally retired.

I got in early due to pre order, got up early today to keep playing, back to work today unfortunately but this is a great module, well done!!!! And as said above, can finally retire CMBO for good. CMFB has been my favorite since release, as the bulge has the armor battles that maybe Normandy was lacking to a degree. This is just beautiful icing on that cake, thank you again Battlefront!!!

For some odd reason  all of my desktop folders end up in the Data folder of my battlefront games, and all are 0 bytes.

What gives?

what shoudl be in there?

I have brzs,intro and hotkeys anything else?

Edited by user1000