Pre-orders for the CMFB module Download are now open

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Ash said:

Nothing springs to mind, recon scenarios are pretty thin on the ground, only one I remember was 'Cats chasing dogs'

in BN and that was U.S. versus Germans. Could be others though.

I recently played one in CMFI that was British armored cars against Italian armored cars. I'm pretty sure that was part of the mass of user-made scenarios I downloaded, as I don't remember it being one of the original scenarios in the game. Unfortunately I don't have my home computer in front of me right now, so I can't check what the scenario name was. There should be a handful of recon scenarios throughout the WW2 titles, and plenty of larger scenarios in which recon forces play a part at the beginning. So there are certainly opportunities to take armored cars out for a spin from time to time, particularly if you've mass downloaded all the community made scenarios you could find like I have.

My impression has always been that Tulip Shermans/Cromwells/etc. were almost wholly intended as a "quick reaction/anti-ambush" weapon, along the lines of "oh bother, Jerries! Aim in there and blow things up in that general direction". Being unable to elevate, they wouldn't really be very applicable in Combat Mission, would they?

I'm struggling to think of any scenario where you'd actually plan for using an imprecise weapon which you couldn't even attempt to aim in the vertical plane.

26 minutes ago, ChrisND said:

Just the IC and VC, no hybrid.

The Hybrid Firefly served in Downfall's theater and is present in R2V, so it should be added to the TO&E when possible.

As seen in this rather well-known picture :

"A Sherman Ic Hybrid of the Coldstream Guards, Guards Armoured Division photographed near Namur, Belgium December 25, 1944."

British_Sherman_Firefly_Namur.jpg

Sorry to bother you like this.

Edited by Frenchy56

11 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

The Hybrid Firefly served in Downfall's theater and is present in R2V, so it should be added to the TO&E when possible.

As seen in this rather well-known picture :

"A Sherman Ic Hybrid of the Coldstream Guards, Guards Armoured Division photographed near Namur, Belgium December 25, 1944."

British_Sherman_Firefly_Namur.jpg

Sorry to bother you like this.

I've never seen this tank described as a "Hybrid" before. And I always thought that it came from 11th Armoured Division. You learn new things even at my age.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

13 hours ago, Vacillator said:

That assumes someone who matters is reading the thread 😉.

ChrisND definitely matters, working for Battlefront, and has already answered several questions super quickly. 

if only someone would answer my question on the LAV TOW variant thermals/night vision not working😶

8 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I've never seen this tank described as a "Hybrid" before. And I always thought that it came from 11th Armoured Division. You learn new things even at my age.

You can tell a Sherman I Hybrid from the hull hatches and the fact that the front hull is made from cast armor while the rest is welded.

Late model hulls, on which most of the Sherman Hybrid (or in US nomenclature, Composite) production was based on, had hatches larger than the earlier ones.

Sherman I Hybrid :

ShermanI_M4_75_Dry_Hybrid_33AB_ERY_.jpg.eb969422fd77ebdf326bc3c7135bb2ac.jpg

Sherman II :

22499002_10155832010195842_2272601605396

By the way, congratulations on your recovery!

9 hours ago, AlexUK said:

ChrisND definitely matters, working for Battlefront, and has already answered several questions super quickly. 

He's probably the one that matters most with the module. I believe he is the one that had final say over what did and didn't go into the module.

3 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

He's probably the one that matters most with the module. I believe he is the one that had final say over what did and didn't go into the module.

Well at least my lack of attention to reading the forum thread has put Chris front and centre for the forthcoming thanks 🙌.  And no doubt the odd criticism like 'why wasn't the bicycle panzerfaust included?'.

On 1/12/2024 at 1:14 AM, Vacillator said:

Well it's not released yet so that works quite well (for BFC at least) 😉.

Well, I can afford it.  And the games just make me happy.  If I was not buy another title and fully play what I have, then would live to 110.  Show, this demonstrates positive attitude about old age.

Having built a new system last year with a RTX 4090 (hard to find) and being a retired software engineer, I thought I would download some open source offline LLMs and give them a try.

5 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Sherman hybrid did make it into the game, but in the guise of a very late M4 Sherman 75 on the US side. Let me fire up a QB.

hybrid.jpg

That's a great addition! In fact I already made a mod of it using the hull from R2V's Firefly Hybrid :

15397583843548463104_20230702114129_1.pn

If I hear of an extremely late M4 75mm variant though, it would be the M4A1E9.

It was basically a "poor man's" HVSS suspension made by extending the VVSS's track connectors and achieving the same width and thus ground pressure. I believe these would start being present on the front around March 1945.

It seems only M4A1s were remanufactured, no M4's.

e9suspension15.jpg.7e18407a0fe952863cb167792832b0d4.jpg

Seen here in service with the 2nd French Armored division in late April 1945 :

e9suspension21.jpg?ex=65b4c18f&is=65a24c

Here is an article on this.

http://the.shadock.free.fr/sherman_minutia/e9suspension/e9suspension.html

To recapitulate, I hope the Sherman IC Firefly Hybrid (Commonwealth + Poles) and the Sherman IIA (Polish faction only) will be ported from R2V.

Edited by Frenchy56