How Hot is Israel Gonna Get?

• Grey_Fox changed the title to How Hot is Israel Gonna Get?

So the pro-Russia amen corner (tankies and wingnuts alike) are, predictably, howling that all the arms going to Ukraine must be diverted to Isreal forthwith.

....Except that if Israel seriously intends to conduct counterguerrilla warfare in urbanised terrain using large amounts of 155mm HE and cluster munitions, then, umm, are we backing the the right team? Because that's the Warsaw Uprising playbook.

12 hours ago, LongLeftFlank said:

So the pro-Russia amen corner (tankies and wingnuts alike) are, predictably, howling that all the arms going to Ukraine must be diverted to Isreal forthwith.

....Except that if Israel seriously intends to conduct counterguerrilla warfare in urbanised terrain using large amounts of 155mm HE and cluster munitions, then, umm, are we backing the the right team? Because that's the Warsaw Uprising playbook.

Is Israel in lack of weaponry? It's one of the best armed countries in the world. Sending arms to them is like sending arms to the US after 9/11.

Edited by Aragorn2002

My prediction, for what it's worth:

Israel will kick out Hamas and drop lots of bombs, maybe do an incursion into Gaza, then a memorial will be held for the victims and then things will quiet down and we'll be back at the usual situation of endless tensions and occasional rumblings. Down the line, a hostage exchange. I don't see this conflict really escalating.

Hamas just now announced that they will publicly execute one hostage for every next (air?land? both?) attack on Gaza.

I fear that the Israeli army high command and the majority of the cabinet already realize/fear/accept that the hostages will die anyway.

Hamas poked the bear, even gave it a real bloody nose and they probably can hurt the bear even more, but it still is a bear.

Israeli gloves are off, and I fear it's going to be much more bloody murder on both sides.

Edited by Seedorf81

43 minutes ago, Thewood1 said:

Is this really what this forum has come to?  Are we going to turn this into another CMBS forum where nothing about the game gets discussed any more?  Can a mod put a stop to this before it goes there?

Why do you think I created the topic with a near-identical title and opening post?

Edited by Grey_Fox

2 hours ago, Grey_Fox said:

Why do you think I created the topic with a near-identical title and opening post?

I was just getting ready to post a new thread for Israel when I saw you beat me to it. :) 

This stuff needs to be discussed. This is history in the making and as far as CM goes, it is very relevant. 

12 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I simply can't believe they've missed this. Not sure what that implies, but I just can't.

You had the 'Police Actions' in Indonesia the problem they used the Dutch army. You need a police force for domestic matters. Armies are to reinforce foreign policies. The reason Russia is not doing great in Ukraine using an army trained to breach the Fulda Gap while they claim special operations. Police uses a decent network of informers something the Germans excelled at during WW2. Naturally police don't follow the rules of war. 

I'm just going to make this one statement to inform if never heard of. Whether you choose to look into it further is up to you or not. When the nations of Turkey, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Ethiopia, and Russia or former parts of Soviet Union which are muslim to name a few form an alliance of key players to pile on Israel then it's going to get Biblically prophetic hot. Notice that Egypt, Syria, and Iraq are absent from the alliance although they fought against Israel in the past. Iraq could be considered part of Persia though. Saudi Arabia specifically will not be part of this alliance, and will actually condemn it. All these countries will come against Israel, but it will be victorious which will be viewed as a miracle of God. The aftermath is described as taking 7 months to cleanse the land with special people who have to mark the land as the dead need to be disposed of in a particular way. The very fact that Israel became a nation again after 2000 yrs in 1948 as prophesied it one day would is something to consider in accuracy.

I did this painting, "The Bringing of Mars", 24 yrs ago in 1999 about it, but Ezekiel 38, 39 were written thousands of years ago.

TheBringingofMars-Copy.jpg.ee5ffc0f8788e4563b1af30767515803.jpg

Edited by Vinnart

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 12:28 AM, chuckdyke said:

You had the 'Police Actions' in Indonesia the problem they used the Dutch army. You need a police force for domestic matters. Armies are to reinforce foreign policies. The reason Russia is not doing great in Ukraine using an army trained to breach the Fulda Gap while they claim special operations. Police uses a decent network of informers something the Germans excelled at during WW2. Naturally police don't follow the rules of war. 

These weren't 'police actions' but just offensive phases in a (bloody) asymmetric war for control of Indonesia which began shortly after Japan surrendered and ended in 1950.

Part of the mission during the whole deployment was protecting local communities against militia's using them for their own purposes in the battle. Similar like the hearts and minds idea of Vietnam, Afghanistan, etc. 

Edited by Lethaface

On 10/9/2023 at 6:17 PM, Probus said:

I was just getting ready to post a new thread for Israel when I saw you beat me to it. :) 

This stuff needs to be discussed. This is history in the making and as far as CM goes, it is very relevant. 

When the Ukraine version of this started up we had a very short leash that we used to keep the thread on track. Handing out vacations at the slightest infraction to try to accomplish that.

If you guys are willing, I am willing to do somefink similar with this. But instead of vacations I'll just lock it up as soon as I see the first Nazi comment, or any of that type of stuff.