How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

22 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

I'll also add that it appears Russia has nearly no mobile reserves anywhere near what is required to arrest these advances.  Rushing a depleted company with a couple of armored vehicles into a settlement that has NO prepared defenses is just not going to work. Especially because the commander likely has absolutely no sense of the terrain and is therefore unlikely to deploy in a place that will matter once Ukraine gets there.

For people wondering what an operational collapse looks like, keep reading this thread :D

Steve

Où est la Masse de Manoeuvre?

And just so Crimea doesn't feel left out:

The more things Ukraine can do to make it seem that ANYTHING can happen ANYWHERE at ANYTIME the more likely some portion of the Russian front will collapse.  It's one thing to have crap morale because of your own situation, it's another thing to think that the entire house of cards is coming down and you're going to be abandoned.

Obviously we are not at this stage yet, but we're closer to it today than yesterday and yesterday was a good day :)

Steve

2 hours ago, The_Capt said:

Then they had enough in the tank to do a simultaneous attack back at Kharkov all the way on the other side of the line.  Both attacks threaten to bag/cut off large quantities of RA and have possibly gripped the Russians in what I refer to as a null decision space.  The RA has a dilemma that it cannot likely solve - its capabilities are too shot up, its logistics hammered, its C2 is divided and uncoordinated, and its ISR is last gen.  So how does the RA solve a two front attack?  It likely doesn't and just digs in and holds on and does local flailing - no decision is a decision.

we uneducmacated folks would call that paralysis.  The Russian dilemma is they do have a military option. Run like hell.  Unfortunately, it isn't politically acceptable (or culturally apparently).  I am sure the generals are praying for General mud now but i am not so sure that won't make things worse for them.  It certainly won't affect UA artillery.

The question now is when does this military debacle start weakening the rotten foundations of the Russian federation.  It certainly isn't inspiring anyone else to see Russia as a viable partner either economic or military.

33 minutes ago, FancyCat said:

I wonder if the Russians in Kherson know how bad it's going in Kharkiv? I wonder how the LNR and DPR forces elsewhere like seeing the Russians blame them for the breakthroughs? Morale must be in the dirt by now.

Unfortunately Dmitry map is not very detailed. Here is bit more accurate map.

Nuzwzr.jpg

This is madness unleashed trying to track this offensive. For the Russians I imagine total chaos is looming any hour or day now. 

Reminds me of my ASL days...having unleashed my Crack troops only to have my friend slam his hands on the table...upsetting many counters and saying ...we can work with that.

And for something completely different - Tick Tock commander explains everything

In turn, the commander of the regiment "Akhmat" Apty Alaudinov, through the prism of his experience, said:

- "What is happening today was planned. This is a tactical ploy that helped us to get all their forces and weapons to the territory where it is convenient for us to fight with them. If someone believes that the leadership of the Russian Federation, the leadership of the Ministry of Defense did not know that the enemy was gathering forces, then these people do not understand anything either in politics or in military affairs."

Time for RU Nat cup of tears 

Balaklya is gone. We will [take it back], of course, we only don't know when. Now we were overly optimistic (or rather frivolous). And underestimated the low level of [our] command competence. Which, as far as I understand, allowed defeat not because of the combat prowess of the enemy, but because of criminal negligence.

We know how to attack[!!!]. But to defend - not so well. We learn from our mistakes. It is sad that learning on mistakes increasingly turns into the loss of Russian lives. A huge number of lives that we, our families, and Russia need.

I think we have come to the point where it is no longer possible, even criminal, to fight from the position of "we haven't even started yet". To suffer spitting and slapping from Ukrainians is still okay (which is what the Russian Federation has been doing in previous years). To suffer the loss of cities and their soldiers in such numbers is NOT. Our authorities need to change their attitude to this war radically.

Quote from RU Nat as posted by Grigb:

3 minutes ago, Grigb said:

We know how to attack[!!!]. But to defend - not so well.

Yeah, no.  This is part of the whole problem with these nutters... they think what they're forces have been doing for the last 6 months is good simply because it's Russians doing it.  Objectively, Russia doesn't know how to attack.  It certainly doesn't look like it knows how to defend either.

Steve

Associations with panzers thundering in 1941/1942 or US in August 1944 are completelly out of place of course...

By the way, my Belarussian friend remind me 8th september is beautiful anniversary of the battle of Orsha. It is of historical significance for Ukrainians, Belarussians and Poles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Orsha

🍻