2022, the Year In Preview!

21 hours ago, DerKommissar said:

Wunderbar! 👏

Can't wait for the next pre-order!

I think I overheard rumors of a new Cold War module, any truth to that? Or should I get my proverbial ears checked?

I don't think it has been officially confirmed, but a NATO module is pretty certain. Personally I think it will be upon us quite soon, because there's a seperate team working on it and they've already shown they're fast. As always Steve is a bit of a tease when it comes to the news we're really waiting for, but we should let him have his fun. All will be well🙂

1 hour ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I don't think it has been officially confirmed, but a NATO module is pretty certain. Personally I think it will be upon us quite soon, because there's a seperate team working on it and they've already shown they're fast. As always Steve is a bit of a tease when it comes to the news we're really waiting for, but we should let him have his fun. All will be well🙂

That is some fine optimism right there, Aragorn.  May all your wishes come true.  Soon!

3 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

i don't know what i'd like to see first, east & west german pack, british and Czech ??? LOTS of potential

On 1/14/2022 at 5:10 AM, Battlefront.com said:

Red Thunder for Matrix/Steam (September/October) - as you might expect by now, Matrix/Steam with PBEM/Tournament features.  A simultaneous release of a new Battle Pack is also planned.  The Pack focuses on Kampfgruppe Mühlenkamp's attempts to keep the Soviets from moving westward in July 1944.

THIS is neat. I've got two great books from panzerwrecks about this said action....looking forward to this!!

32 minutes ago, Bubba883XL said:

THIS is neat. I've got two great books from panzerwrecks about this said action....looking forward to this!!

Don't forget to read "From the Realm of a Dying Sun, Volume 1: IV. SS-Panzerkorps and the Battles for Warsaw, July-November 1944" by Douglas E. Nash. HIGHLY recommended. 

1 hour ago, Bubba883XL said:

i don't know what i'd like to see first, east & west german pack, british and Czech ??? LOTS of potential

It's been confirmed.  In the Cold War thread The_Capt said:

As we build NATO force in I do not see this changing.

Not much more but there will be hints dropped along the way.  I will say that we are not looking at 4 years until the first CMCW DLC, much less than that.

Edited by Phantom Captain

43 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Don't forget to read "From the Realm of a Dying Sun, Volume 1: IV. SS-Panzerkorps and the Battles for Warsaw, July-November 1944" by Douglas E. Nash. HIGHLY recommended. 

“Viking Summer” is also really interesting. Forget the full title offhand.

50 minutes ago, DougPhresh said:

“Viking Summer” is also really interesting. Forget the full title offhand.

Dennis Oliver's soft back book? Aye it'is a useful adjunct to Douglas Nash's books for sure. useful info on the makeup and Panther types of II./SS-Pz.Rgt 5.

http://www.missing-lynx.com/reviews/german/vikingsummerbookreviewab_1.html

Edited by George MC

1 hour ago, Phantom Captain said:

It's been confirmed.  In the Cold War thread The_Capt said:

Indeed. It's also the only module that makes sense, so I don't get the secrecy. The Brits and Germans are a must. The dutch for me personally too and one of the largest forces actually 'at the front'. The French, Danish, Belgians and Canadians are also candidates. Hopefully they will all be in. How many countries does the NATO module for CMSF contain?

Edited by Aragorn2002

1 hour ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Indeed. It's also the only module that makes sense, so I don't get the secrecy. The Brits and Germans are a must. The dutch for me personally too and one of the largest forces actually 'at the front'. The French, Danish, Belgians and Canadians are also candidates. Hopefully they will all be in. How many countries does the NATO module for CMSF contain?

Not really secrecy, more like it's not the right time to start talking about its details so I skipped over it in hopes of avoiding questions about the details.  Well, that didn't work but you can't blame a guy for trying :) 

Unlike the majority of the stuff I listed for 2022, the Cold War Module doesn't have a specific release timeframe in mind.  Later this year seems to be about right, but we won't know better until a few of the things on that list get checked off.  I figure around mid 2022 we should have a pretty good idea when it will be released.

Steve

18 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Not really secrecy, more like it's not the right time to start talking about its details so I skipped over it in hopes of avoiding questions about the details.  Well, that didn't work but you can't blame a guy for trying :) 

Unlike the majority of the stuff I listed for 2022, the Cold War Module doesn't have a specific release timeframe in mind.  Later this year seems to be about right, but we won't know better until a few of the things on that list get checked off.  I figure around mid 2022 we should have a pretty good idea when it will be released.

Steve

It wasn't a bad try, that I must admit. 🙂

Waiting for FR was agony because I'm an Ostfronter, for all other goodies I'm happy to wait. Just curious about which countries will be in the NATO module. But I understand it's still early days.

US Marines for Black Sea? Aren’t there suitable NATO units that could have been included. So little variety already in the modern titles. And are we to believe an invasion fleet is sent into the Black Sea? Within land based air range, kilo subs operating in it. Urgh. Sounds ridiculous and the US centric aspect is getting a bit boring, could have done an entirely new army or something. Reasonable excited about most of the stuff listed but this made no sense other than it would be easier to make with the assets from other titles.

Black Sea badly needs scenarios on maps that are of the scale of Cold War. And Cold War badly needs quick battle maps that are of the size and quality you get into the campaigns.

The QB maps are by far the biggest letdown of both titles.

Edited by Grey_Fox

6 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

You can't have a Cold War without a winter module. 

I also very much would like to see a winter module, so we can make up our own storyline.

The Winter mod for CMRT by Kohlenklau and Kevin is for me still the mother of all mods. And even compared to FR it still looks superb.

Edited by Aragorn2002