2022, the Year In Preview!

On 2/4/2022 at 12:18 PM, Glubokii Boy said:

I would say that pretty much the entire Normandy theatre is open for a redo....Many things have been improved or added since the first Normandy game got released.

To name a few IIRC...

- Flamethrowers

- updates to handheld AT weapons

- Doubeling the number of AI groups and AI order slots

- Triggers

- The later modules and the vehicle pack added a pretty impressive amount of new equipment (and formations i belive).

These changes/improvements will allow for a very different set of scenarios compared to the original release even if they cover more or less the same topics..

I hope to see much more from Normandy...😎

Indeed, it would be cool to see a revision for Normandy and its subordinates in a one pack version if possible.  Riding on tanks through the hedgerows... :)

Because this is a wish list I would like to see all the weapon systems in CM1 used in CM2.  For example, Pershing tanks, Puppchin AT, on map 105's (not just priests)et al.  And the ability to use them in any of the scenarios.  Not exactly historically accurate  but makes for more fun.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 12:52 PM, BFCElvis said:

What's going on in Ukraine would have to take serious turn for the worse for it to drag out beyond what our timeline would be for Cold War module.

I wouldn't be so sure. Personally I expect the war will be over in just a few months. But that is based on the assumption that the Russians have given up on actually beating the Ukrainians, and are merely looking for an opportunity to declare victory and run. But guessing at the intentions of others is always messy. If they decide that they really don't want to lose, and decide to finally admit that this is a real war and mobilize, then it will likely go on for years (the sanctions are hurting, but the Russian economy will not collapse overnight).

If the CMBS and CMCW modules are on hold until after the war is over then we should be braced for the possibility that we will not see them for a very long time.

On 5/3/2022 at 6:54 PM, Massinissa said:

Any news guys concerning battle for Normandy? 

On 4/15/2022 at 4:26 AM, Massinissa said:

I hope that the battle pack will be ready by june when the game releases an steam and matrix,  it will be fun ^^

We're still shooting for Battle for Normandy to be out on Steam in June. The new Battle Pack will not be released with it. That hasn't changed. 

1 hour ago, ncc1701e said:

Only thing I will be happy with in engine v5 is the ability to split squads inside vehicules. If I want a scout of two men out, I don't want to unload the whole squad

There is a way around this. Split the squad and remount the split squads. Scout of first section goes in the vehicle of the second section and vice versa. I agree it would be nice. 

On 5/4/2022 at 6:54 AM, Massinissa said:

Any news guys concerning battle for Normandy? 

12 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

We're still shooting for Battle for Normandy to be out on Steam in June. The new Battle Pack will not be released with it. That hasn't changed. 

With most of the details pretty much locked in I have flagged the possibility of a teaser, however the more time I spend on teasers the less time I spend in the editor. :) Rest assured the team is busy map making some iconic locations at the moment.

7 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

There is a way around this. Split the squad and remount the split squads. Scout of first section goes in the vehicle of the second section and vice versa. I agree it would be nice. 

Yes I know the workaround. It is just that this is not only for a scout team. I may need an anti-tank team or whatever.

1 minute ago, ncc1701e said:

I may need an anti-tank team or whatever.

I think it is part of the engine when a section shares the same action square. Also tank commanders frequently left their vehicle to peek across a crest for example. I like to see a medic embedded in an HQ unit to be split off. 

14 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

With most of the details pretty much locked in I have flagged the possibility of a teaser, however the more time I spend on teasers the less time I spend in the editor. :) Rest assured the team is busy map making some iconic locations at the moment.

Im excited as hell for the combat mission battle for Normandy teaser ^^ keep us updated guys you are doing a hell of a job 

15 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

With most of the details pretty much locked in I have flagged the possibility of a teaser, however the more time I spend on teasers the less time I spend in the editor. :) 

Considdering that these 'packs' takes quite a long time to design...I'm pretty sure that most of us would accept loosing a few hours of developing time in orders to get a nice bone or two every now and then...😋

2 hours ago, Massinissa said:

Im excited as hell for the combat mission battle for Normandy teaser ^^ keep us updated guys you are doing a hell of a job 

@Ithikial_AU I'm also doubly (😉) excited for this.  And for clues as to the iconic locations that haven't been covered before.  I'm in for a pre-order, if BPs get pre-orders...

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 9:33 AM, Massinissa said:

Almost the end of may and still no trailer or update on cm battle for normandy ? 

The last we've heard was that they are shooting for a June release, so I'd guess (and I also hope) it will be on or around the 78th anniversary of D-Day