2022, the Year In Preview!

I would say that pretty much the entire Normandy theatre is open for a redo....Many things have been improved or added since the first Normandy game got released.

To name a few IIRC...

- Flamethrowers

- updates to handheld AT weapons

- Doubeling the number of AI groups and AI order slots

- Triggers

- The later modules and the vehicle pack added a pretty impressive amount of new equipment (and formations i belive).

These changes/improvements will allow for a very different set of scenarios compared to the original release even if they cover more or less the same topics..

I hope to see much more from Normandy...😎

Although I have a few Steam games, I hate being Steam "dependent".  I have very strong feelings about wanting any of my games to be totally free standing on my own computer and not dependent on an outside agency to be able to play them on an on-going basis.

On 1/14/2022 at 6:37 PM, DesertFox said:

Yes! That would be my next BFC purchase as well. 😎 Veritable and Blockbuster are my long time favorites and I´ve plenty of stuff to put into scenario shape.

On 1/17/2022 at 4:55 AM, MikeyD said:

Tree and building density. The game will run forever on a maxed-out desert map. CMBS basegame had a lot of dense tree coverage. If Marines are in the module that implies more arid southern coastal area, which also implies less dense tree coverage and expanses of corporate farming. Which implies bigger maps.

Any idea what makes high density CM maps such a burden for modern PC´s? Is it amount of objects related to LOS/LOF calculations? Or "just" amount of graphics loaded into the GC? Both? So what exactly happens when a large/high density map quits loading with CTD? Still wondering after all these years. 🤨

I quite like this idea of a Normandy battle pack geared towards infantry combat
I hope the battlepack will have flavor items necessary for immersion:
Fields full of wrecks from Waco and Horsa...😍

which will also be useful for Arnhem.

16 hours ago, Glubokii Boy said:

I would say that pretty much the entire Normandy theatre is open for a redo....Many things have been improved or added since the first Normandy game got released.

To name a few IIRC...

- Flamethrowers

- updates to handheld AT weapons

- Doubeling the number of AI groups and AI order slots

- Triggers

- The later modules and the vehicle pack added a pretty impressive amount of new equipment (and formations i belive).

These changes/improvements will allow for a very different set of scenarios compared to the original release even if they cover more or less the same topics..

I hope to see much more from Normandy...😎

I would like the infantry to be able to mount the armored vehicles

16 hours ago, WimO said:

Although I have a few Steam games, I hate being Steam "dependent".  I have very strong feelings about wanting any of my games to be totally free standing on my own computer and not dependent on an outside agency to be able to play them on an on-going basis.

Well said.

17 hours ago, WimO said:

Then you should only get games on gog, because cm games from BF are not what you described.

I understand that BF requires a 'one-time' activation for each installation, but as far as I know (and I could be wrong) there is no on-going activation. By that I mean that if BF ever goes down or disappears, then my 'once-activated' BF games are still playable as long as my computer does not die.

Steam is different. If it goes down, then I cannot access any of my Steam based games.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

9 minutes ago, WimO said:

Steam is different. If it goes down, then I cannot access any of my Steam based games.

Steam will work in offline mode and you can still play your games.

Edited by Bufo

8 hours ago, Falaise said:

I quite like this idea of a Normandy battle pack geared towards infantry combat

There are still some content things about the Pack that are being finalized. Once we're solid on everything we'll give some insight. I'm not being coy....It's that some things are still subject to change and I'd hate to say something will be in it and it turns out not ending up in the Pack. The major bits are settled though. I loved the idea for the Pack the minute it was presented to us. I believe it will be something that everyone who owns CMBN will welcome.

What I will say is that of all the content that we intend to release when a game get's added to Steam this one will not have the new content released when CMBN is released on Steam. The lead on the project almost had a heart attack when we told him that is what we'd like. He's got a little breathing room.

I hope the battlepack will have flavor items necessary for immersion:

The Pack will be a "Charles free" production. Meaning Charles will not be involved for any portion of the Pack beyond creating installers. It will be made using only what is currently in the game. 

I would like the infantry to be able to mount the armored vehicles

Unfortunately, this will probably never be in CMBN. 

2 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

"I would like the infantry to be able to mount the armored vehicles"

Unfortunately, this will probably never be in CMBN. 

😭 That's very very disappointing. My father-in-law who was in the Canadian Black Watch road into action on Shermans in the Netherlands, and got thrown off when his ride (third in the column) got hit and spun around by a German 88.  Another tank in the same column immediately replied and "must of hit some ammunition" because there was a huge explosion and the 88 ceased to be.

1 hour ago, WimO said:

😭 That's very very disappointing. My father-in-law who was in the Canadian Black Watch road into action on Shermans in the Netherlands, and got thrown off when his ride (third in the column) got hit and spun around by a German 88.  Another tank in the same column immediately replied and "must of hit some ammunition" because there was a huge explosion and the 88 ceased to be.

To do it would involve redoing every vehicle capable of carrying passengers from the ground up. New models and new textures for every vehicle in the base game, 2 modules and the Vehicle Pack. A massive task that I don't see happening. In the interest of future titles, I think most would agree that the value of dedicating those kinds of resources  would not be the best way to spend that time and those resources. 

10 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

To do it would involve redoing every vehicle capable of carrying passengers from the ground up. New models and new textures for every vehicle in the base game, 2 modules and the Vehicle Pack. A massive task that I don't see happening. In the interest of future titles, I think most would agree that the value of dedicating those kinds of resources  would not be the best way to spend that time and those resources. 

Understood and see the point.

11 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

To do it would involve redoing every vehicle capable of carrying passengers from the ground up.

Some people on the forum have been asking about the ability to modify the vehicles to their liking and do more than just change the skin of the vehicles.

If BFC opened up for that possibility I'm sure there would be players of the BN-game who would be happy to do that work.

The result would be that there wouldn't be a lot of extra work for BFC, some members would have their own little project of doing these modifications and all owners of BN would be happy.

12 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

I thought that as all German vehicles are already made for FB and RT and allied vehicles are made or soon to be made with the release of the FB mod this will be possible given that the engines of the different games have been aligned.
But if it doesn't work like that then I understand!!!

English??  we don't speak no english.  We speak american.  And it comes in lots of nice flavors.  I for one do not appreciate how those folks over on that little island have distorted my native language with all their funny talk.  I gotta use subtitles just to see what they are saying on the telly.

1 hour ago, danfrodo said:

English??  we don't speak no english.  We speak american.  And it comes in lots of nice flavors.  I for one do not appreciate how those folks over on that little island have distorted my native language with all their funny talk.  I gotta use subtitles just to see what they are saying on the telly.

Just yesterday I was telling a friend that I have been watching the Australian version of Survivor.  I told him that they almost speak English, so he'll be able to understand them. 

1 hour ago, danfrodo said:

I think you'll find that what most of you actually speak is USatian. Apart from the inhabitants of NOLA who speak Jazz.

4 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Just yesterday I was telling a friend that I have been watching the Australian version of Survivor.  I told him that they almost speak English, so he'll be able to understand them. 

They had to redub Star Trek so people in Scotland could understand it.