Bug/glitch thread

Bufo

Not sure if intentional, but in the 1979 US Campaign, the Bear in the Sun Mission gives access to 4 A-10s, although two have bingo ammo (250 DU rounds and 2 Mavericks) and 2 have a full combat load (1350 DU rounds, 4 Mavericks, 2 cluster bombs each).

Also I will say that during the deployment phase in this mission I seem to get down to 5-10 fps, but once the battle starts I get an additional at least +25 fps. I would guess this has to do with the large deployment zone?

32 minutes ago, Gkenny said:

Not sure if intentional, but in the 1979 US Campaign, the Bear in the Sun Mission gives access to 4 A-10s, although two have bingo ammo (250 DU rounds and 2 Mavericks) and 2 have a full combat load (1350 DU rounds, 4 Mavericks, 2 cluster bombs each).

Also I will say that during the deployment phase in this mission I seem to get down to 5-10 fps, but once the battle starts I get an additional at least +25 fps. I would guess this has to do with the large deployment zone?

Ok, so the A10 is not a bug.  It is supposed to be "Anti-tank (Light)" hence the load out, we did that for play balance.  Yes, the big blue zone really hits the framerate but that is the tradeoff.  The Soviet come in full force and we wanted to give the player the broadest options on deployment.

Good luck btw, this one can be tough.

5 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

Ok, so the A10 is not a bug.  It is supposed to be "Anti-tank (Light)" hence the load out, we did that for play balance.  Yes, the big blue zone really hits the framerate but that is the tradeoff.  The Soviet come in full force and we wanted to give the player the broadest options on deployment.

Good luck btw, this one can be tough.

Thanks for the quick answer, and yeah this mission does seem like a monster.

9 hours ago, Kevin2k said:

When zooming in on US infantry, and rapidly mouse-clicking on them, I see extra pockets and gear flashing in and out again?

The soviets don't show such, CMRT does not show such either.

I don't know why that gear shows up.
But I did come up with an idea of what I see, it is a lower detail model flashing through. Together with the helmet issue, it makes me think the lower detail models of the 1980 US soldiers here, are basically files from WW2 GI's or something.

So then next up is the BTR-70. it is way too big.

I am probably not making myself popular here. But the 3D model work of the newly introduced items is below the quality that I came to expect. Though luck. I don't think me nagging is really gonna change that situation. Someone skilled at the DEV-side with access to the 3DSmax files should go over it thoroughly.

Just completed Between the Two Farbahns.

One of my Dragon teams was 3 for 3 on Soviet Tanks.  At end of battle, when looking over map, they were not credited with any kills.  Another team was 1/3 and they too received no credit for their kill.  Did not notice anything out of place with the kill totals for the other units on the map, admittedly I did not look them over as critically.

[Minor spoiler] Not sure if it is a bug or just weird AI behaviour: in "Between two Fahrbahns" the AI fired very strange and inaccurate area fire. Once fired way off map, often just haphazardly not hitting anything in particular, firing at buildings with MGs only and not HE and doing area fire while being fired upon by tanks. Does AI area fire override reacting to incoming fire? 

1 hour ago, Andrew Kulin said:

Just completed Between the Two Farbahns.

One of my Dragon teams was 3 for 3 on Soviet Tanks.  At end of battle, when looking over map, they were not credited with any kills.  Another team was 1/3 and they too received no credit for their kill.  Did not notice anything out of place with the kill totals for the other units on the map, admittedly I did not look them over as critically.

I have heard this a few times now, and I think it has something to do with the squad, not the split team, being credited with the kill. 

51 minutes ago, rocketman said:

[Minor spoiler] Not sure if it is a bug or just weird AI behaviour: in "Between two Fahrbahns" the AI fired very strange and inaccurate area fire. Once fired way off map, often just haphazardly not hitting anything in particular, firing at buildings with MGs only and not HE and doing area fire while being fired upon by tanks. Does AI area fire override reacting to incoming fire? 

That is the area fire programmed into the Soviet AI plan. Not sure if it always takes precedence over reacting to incoming fire though. 

10 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

That is the area fire programmed into the Soviet AI plan. Not sure if it always takes precedence over reacting to incoming fire though. 

I'm not familiar with area fire plans in the editor but will have a look at it and see how well it matches what actually happened. Area fire while moving was especially wayward for the AI which is not surprising in a way.

1 hour ago, rocketman said:

I'm not familiar with area fire plans in the editor but will have a look at it and see how well it matches what actually happened. Area fire while moving was especially wayward for the AI which is not surprising in a way.

Soft factors play into this - if your unit is fanatic then it will more likely follow the programmed AI order than the Tac AI.

Between Two Fahrbahns is firing BM-21 rocket artillery salvos at you which have a notoriously large footprint. The AI has three target areas to choose from which it picks randomly. So one playthrough it could fall to your left, in the next fall to your right, or fall on top of you. When I played it last night it clobbered a full M113, something it hadn't done in a half dozen play-throughs.

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

Between Two Fahrbahns is firing BM-21 rocket artillery salvos at you which have a notoriously large footprint. The AI has three target areas to choose from which it picks randomly. So one playthrough it could fall to your left, in the next fall to your right, or fall on top of you. When I played it last night it clobbered a full M113, something it hadn't done in a half dozen play-throughs.

My point wasn't the arty but the direct area fire from Soviet tanks. I got lucky with the rocket arty though - blessed being a rocketman I suppose 😇

In the Fahrbahns AI movement orders Russian tanks were given multiple 'area target' commands. As they advance the player will have mg rounds whizzing over your head, explosions in front of you, explosions behind you. Its not something you see AI-controlled armor doing very often (or at all) so the effect can be pretty disconcerting. Just seeing an AI-controlled vehicle rotate its turret makes you jump. 'What does is see? What does is see!?"

😱

Here is a noisy one:

- turn sound off

- play a scenario

- turn sound back on

You will get (in the top level menu) a stale soundloop of random CM sounds. No action inside the game (such as going into the editor or another scenario) makes it stop. I could only shut it up by exiting the entire game.

53 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

Here is a noisy one:

- turn sound off

- play a scenario

- turn sound back on

You will get (in the top level menu) a stale soundloop of random CM sounds. No action inside the game (such as going into the editor or another scenario) makes it stop. I could only shut it up by exiting the entire game.

I get music. I've not seen (heard 🙂 )this and I'm playing with the sound off fairly often as I'm sitting with my wife watching TV. Is this the PC or Mac version?

Dave

42 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

I get music. I've not seen (heard 🙂 )this and I'm playing with the sound off fairly often as I'm sitting with my wife watching TV. Is this the PC or Mac version?

Dave

I should have mentioned that:

- It's on a Macintrash

- I had music off the whole time

ETA:
- my Windows laptop does not do this

- My Mac CMRT does it the same way as CMCW

Edited by Redwolf

5 hours ago, KungFuTreachery said:

In Quick Battle, the Bunker (the "standard" bunker, not the Wood one) for the U.S. toe has a rarity of over 100,000. 

Sounds about right to me - the US didn't spend a huge if any amount of time making concrete manufacturers rich.  This is high paced mechanised warfare we're talking about.