Just received an email - it's on!

Please tell me when to stop to pollute this thread.

Current state:

• Uninstalled previous attempt using windows uninstall function.
  • Downloaded the .rar file again. Not surprisingly, it had exactly the same size as before.
  • Installed latest version of 7-Zip.
  • Extracted the 'CMCW Installer' folder and ran the .exe
  • Game was installed
  • Started game without new activation.
  • No scenario showed up.

Again, all folder in C:\Users\...\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Cold War\Game Files are empty.

Best regards,
Thomm

Hey Thomm,

The other thing to make sure of (not sure if anybody said it yet) is to disable your anti-virus software.  That can do all kinds of crazy stuff and not tell you about it.

If you're still having problems, email me and we'll help you from there.  Your years in the trenches of CM Beta Testing has earned you a special privilege or two :)

Steve

3 minutes ago, Thomm said:

Please tell me when to stop to pollute this thread.

Current state:

• Uninstalled previous attempt using windows uninstall function.
  • Downloaded the .rar file again. Not surprisingly, it had exactly the same size as before.
  • Installed latest version of 7-Zip.
  • Extracted the 'CMCW Installer' folder and ran the .exe
  • Game was installed
  • Started game without new activation.
  • No scenario showed up.

Again, all folder in C:\Users\...\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Cold War\Game Files are empty.

Best regards,
Thomm

Odd. You say that this folder is empty?

C:\Users\ABCDE\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Cold War\Game Files\Scenarios

And from within the game after opening either the battle dialogue or the scen editor you see no files?

1 minute ago, DesertFox said:

Odd. You say that this folder is empty?

C:\Users\ABCDE\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Cold War\Game Files\Scenarios

And from within the game after opening either the battle dialogue or the scen editor you see no files?

Exactly. All subfolders of 'Game Files' are empty.

The weird part is that the subfolders are there. But empty.

Of course, there is nothing for the game to display in this case.

Best regards,
Thomm

Just now, Thomm said:

Exactly. All subfolders of 'Game Files' are empty.

The weird part is that the subfolders are there. But empty.

Of course, there is nothing for the game to display in this case.

Best regards,
Thomm

I see. If it isn´t the downloaded file, my bet would be on your antivirus software, as Steve already suggested.

Just now, Redwolf said:

I don't thin Thomm's problem can be related to the program he uses to unrar. If there was a problem then the installer would complain.

So it is Antivirus? Or maybe something as simple as a full harddrive.

Only Windows Defender.
62 GB available on the SSD.

Best regards,
Thomm

Just now, danfrodo said:

downloading now, praise be!!!!  I always use 7-zip,if that doesn't work I'll use Elvis' suggestion.

So now we will all start complaining there's too much excellent new content and why did BFC provide more fun than we can handle.

This release is much too soon. It's a shambles! 😜

3 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Lol. I only just "put the tip in" to F&R, and now another siren beckons!

I barely managed even that, lol. Basically installed it and looked through the scenario's. But looking forward to hands on time with both! :)

4 minutes ago, Thomm said:

Only Windows Defender.
62 GB available on the SSD.

Best regards,
Thomm

Fwiw I use windows defender/firewall (active while installing) and no issues like you mention. Could also be a permission thing, reminds me about some issues I had with admin permissions/ the virtual store in Windows 7 orso. But I guess Steve will sort you out! 

7 minutes ago, FogForever said:

Speaking of excellent new content...4 Soviet Doctrine scenarios.  Now that looks interesting.

I was thinking I won't want to play as the soviets because those US soldiers are the kids I grew up with, and was nearly me except for a lucky job at a GM plant.  But I guess my friends gotta go....

1 minute ago, Lethaface said:

I barely managed even that, lol. Basically installed it and looked through the scenario's. But looking forward to hands on time with both! :)

Fwiw I use windows defender/firewall (active while installing) and no issues like you mention. Could also be a permission thing, reminds me about some issues I had with admin permissions/ the virtual store in Windows 7 orso. But I guess Steve will sort you out! 

Thank you all for the support.

I am sure that it will get sorted out somehow. What puzzles me is that I seem to be the only one with this problem ... with a perfectly ordinary computer and setup.

Best regards,
Thomm

Just now, Thomm said:

Thank you all for the support.

I am sure that it will get sorted out somehow. What puzzles me is that I seem to be the only one with this problem ... with a perfectly ordinary computer and setup.

Best regards,
Thomm

I've got a sledge hammer method set up especially for you. Open a Help Desk ticket.

https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/

44 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I don't know what's happening to Winrar. Perhaps its an old app being grandfathered out of existence, the same fate as Internet Explorer.

Maybe if more of us had actually purchased it they would be doing better with supporting it. Not that I actually bought it, but, I have considered it. Not seriously, but I have considered it...

16 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Lol. I only just "put the tip in" to F&R, and now another siren beckons!

This afternoon I've been working on my Lions scenario (I want more MP44's in my platoons to give them a chance in the house-to-house fighting they will be involved in, so had to wait for FR), when the e-mail for CW arrived. I began to download and after that to install, when my pc froze up. 😳 Hadn't saved my scenario for an hour or so and feared the worst. Fortunately the pc recovered!

Greed can be a man's downfall.🙂

Edited by Aragorn2002

1 minute ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I began to download and after that to install, when my pc froze up. 😳 Hadn't saved my scenario for an hour or so and feared the worst. Fortunately the pc recovered!

Greed can be a man's downfall.🙂

Oh, I hate that! I have lost hours of work in the past, so I have become a slave to the save button in PSP! Glad you didn't lose anything, Aragorn!