Fire and Rubble Possible Bugs

30 minutes ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

I never really had to worry about infantry in front, or near my tanks before when firing.

AKA friendly fire it is never a good idea having friendly forces inside the LOF of a tank. Like cleaning on a firing range, they won't shoot you but will make their presence known. 

In "Getting Ugly" mission (yes, I know it's not from FR) German reinforcements arrived and Panther tanks proudly turned their backs on me.

I saw this type of AI behavior (enemy looking in the opposite direction) in several other missions. 0eAY1Ns.jpg 

On 5/15/2021 at 12:25 PM, dbsapp said:

In "Getting Ugly" mission (yes, I know it's not from FR) German reinforcements arrived and Panther tanks proudly turned their backs on me.

I saw this type of AI behavior (enemy looking in the opposite direction) in several other missions. 0eAY1Ns.jpg 

If seen this in all releases since SF2. IIRC some kind of face command could be set in the editor that maybe messes things up. It is a total immersion breaker and causes easy kills.

After playing the first mission of the German Night at the Opera campaign (and a pretty epic one at that), the game consistently crashes after it starts to load the second scenario. Any idea why this might be? I really want to finish this campaign 🥺.

1 hour ago, pintere said:

After playing the first mission of the German Night at the Opera campaign (and a pretty epic one at that), the game consistently crashes after it starts to load the second scenario. Any idea why this might be? I really want to finish this campaign 🥺.

Can you post the save file here? If not send me a private message.

9 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Not yet sure about this. Did anybody else see pixeltroopers again leaving foxholes after bits of receiving mortar bombardment? CMRT F&R V2.11 Thought that had been "fixed" some time ago. https://community.battlefront.com/topic/139255-scenarios-up/?do=findComment&comment=1872444

What was changed after 4.0 was the issue of moving toward the enemy when leaving positions. Not the position-leaving as such.

54 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

What was changed after 4.0 was the issue of moving toward the enemy when leaving positions. Not the position-leaving as such.

That´s what I seem to recall as well. Haven´t seen the issue since. Until now again (leave FH & evade toward enemy). In a quick test mission of mine I can´t recreate the issue though. Likely something very specific to that Dnieper Rising mission and hopefully false alarm otherwise.

20 hours ago, pintere said:

After playing the first mission of the German Night at the Opera campaign (and a pretty epic one at that), the game consistently crashes after it starts to load the second scenario.

Haven't seen that. Let's figure it out.

-Make sure all mods are out of the Mod folder. Retry (I figure you have done this already).

-Post your Save file here

It may also help to know where it is in the loading when it crashed. Some idea of system specs may help, as well.

10 hours ago, dbsapp said:

What about t34-85 jumping wheels bug? Are you going fix it?

Really frustrating and immersion breaking😞

Have you installed the patch and still seeing it? 

Dave

[edit] Anything more on this? As far as anyone knows this was fixed in the patch. If you still see it somewhere please post a save so it can be looked at. (make sure your game is up to date first!)

Edited by Ultradave

23 hours ago, Ultradave said:

Have you installed the patch and still seeing it? 

Dave

[edit] Anything more on this? As far as anyone knows this was fixed in the patch. If you still see it somewhere please post a save so it can be looked at. (make sure your game is up to date first!)

I didn't install the patch. 

Thank you!

3 hours ago, dbsapp said:

At least I'm not the only one who sees it😅

I suppose it is the usual distant floor distortion effect, for which GPU drivers invented mipmapping and an-isotropic filtering. Example with image:

http://petersikachev.blogspot.com/2018/10/minlod-cheap-method-to-increase-texture.html

But somehow, with the Combat mission crop fields especially, it remains less then satisfactory. What I do is, I downscale and/or blur these particular terrain tiles, as a simple mod. Since I rather look at blurry then at such distortion.

1 hour ago, Kevin2k said:

I suppose it is the usual distant floor distortion effect, for which GPU drivers invented mipmapping and an-isotropic filtering. Example with image:

http://petersikachev.blogspot.com/2018/10/minlod-cheap-method-to-increase-texture.html

But somehow, with the Combat mission crop fields especially, it remains less then satisfactory. What I do is, I downscale and/or blur these particular terrain tiles, as a simple mod. Since I rather look at blurry then at such distortion.

Interesting solution - can you post a screenshot of what it looks like? And maybe post it as a mod?

In some my latest winter map testing I found these little fires burning (from small arms fire hitting ground). Guess this shouldn´t occur on winter map, right? 🤨 It´s some the "grass" tiles all looking the same in "snow" ground condition. Eastern Europe, January 1945, Flurries, Freezing, Snow mission parms.