Is this horse dead or just sleeping?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like in those old cowboy movies he's got his ear to the ground listening: "Six tanks coming fast, about a half mile away, to the east."

Everybody knows horses cant count past 3 so that is patently absurd. However, my old horse did fart a lot. I think he was communicating allright...

Horses sleep standing up -since in nature they are considered prey they are half alert even asleep. When they lay like that they are very sick.

Your looking at a huge vet bill or paying for a back hoe to bury 900-1000 lbs of dead meat that was your friend.

Don't ask me how I know.

Ok, all the witty stuff has already been said - I guess it's time to stop beating a dead horse :)

Seriously though, I remember playing an old game called Close Combat (like Combat Mission but in top-down 2D), and it had dead cows lying around in the fields, killed by shellfire. I liked small details like that, gave you an idea of the bigger war raging around your isolated mission.. really helped with the immersion.

Just means it was small calibre vs heavy horse flesh so no hit decals.

I think we need a sliding scale of hit decals v armour thickness ... Horse gets decals for anything up to 20mm; anything over that, there won't be anything left to put a decal on ... :D