Is this horse dead or just sleeping?

Obviously this is an older Land Warrior System ... not really a horse....designed to appear to be a dead horse but placed in full view and being used for reconnaissance. Crafty bunch of SW guys at BFC tipping their hand as what we might expect in CMBS :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically, animals were injured during the making of CMRT. Tsk, tsk...

Oh no! BF would never do that! The graphic is drawn from a real live horse, standing up; then computer wizardry tips it through 90 degrees to make it LOOK like it's lying down ... :D

Oh no! BF would never do that! The graphic is drawn from a real live horse, standing up; then computer wizardry tips it through 90 degrees to make it LOOK like it's lying down ... :D

I have to say - this is precisely how it looks. Interestingly, catching myself whinging here, I googled to see what dead horses do look like.... and freshly dead horses without external injuries do look a lot like this one. Except for some reason their necks always seem to be extended. Huh!

I have to say - this is precisely how it looks. Interestingly, catching myself whinging here, I googled to see what dead horses do look like.... and freshly dead horses without external injuries do look a lot like this one. Except for some reason their necks always seem to be extended. Huh!

In summer they bloat in a day or two (if the abdomen hasn't been ruptured), stiff legs from sticking out of a felt, dun balloon.

Yes. The dead hose in the image appear to be freshly dead. Information here could lead to more realistic dead horse mods. Then one would have to add buzzards, etc. for genuine authenticity.

Nah, the horse is just very,very relaxed:)

Yes. The dead hose in the image appear to be freshly dead. Information here could lead to more realistic dead horse mods. Then one would have to add buzzards, etc. for genuine authenticity.

Nah, the horse is just very,very relaxed:)

Buzzards, eh? Somehow you have been waiting for a 1000 posts to say that, haven't you!? ;)

In all seriousness as others have pointed out no horse killed by gunfire in probably all of Europe during WWII would be left alone long enough to bloat except under unusual circumstances. Both soldiers and civilians would eat them.

"...no horse killed by gunfire in probably all of Europe during WWII would be left alone long enough to bloat except under unusual circumstances. Both soldiers and civilians would eat them."

"...a distinguished older gentleman in a fine wool coat in mid-winter Leningrad leaning over a dead horse carcass with a kitchen carving knife in his hand"

Assimilate and survive. There was and is currently not an "app" for dat.

Horsey may resurrect ... after Spring Break in a "hot fix" ... or at least a "warm fix" :)

I hate to think what NSA list that got you on ... actually, they might have had to make a new category just for you :D

No, this is BFC's crass attempt to cash in on the blockbuster commercial success of "Goat Simulator"

Also, Google "Arma II play as animals" and you get some bizarro vids.... my favorite is an endless herd of cattle falling off an office building. You just can't pay too much for that kind of quality entertainment.

The reason there aren't any dead cows:

http://www.wingnutgames.com/bcattle3.htm

They just won't die!!!!! If there were any cows in the area, the CM battle simply wouldn't be happening, as the horribly-beweaponed bovines would simply destroy the puny tanks and infantry from beyond LOS. And we all know cows hate horses (probably because we'd generally rather eat cows than horses, which naturally makes the heifers resentful). That's why all the horses are dead!!