The start of actual news

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you guys are able to implement clickable waypoints in this. That would def guarantee a purchase from me.

"Clickable"? Not sure what you mean... waypoints have been "clickable", in the sense that you can click them to select, and then add/change various things like movement type/fire orders, etc., since CMSF original release.

If you meant moveable waypoints, as in waypoints that you can select and move around after you initially plot them, this was added to CMBN in v2.0, so it's been in the game for several months now.

Or maybe you mean something else? :confused:

Maybe a change of the rules regarding AT weapon usage in buildings too?

I doubt it, but one can hope.

I mean being able to select other waypoints by clicking on their lines without having to go back and find and select its unit first (so basically what was in CMx1). I posted a thread about it a while back and Steve (I think... whoever is behind the battlefront.com username) said it was a possibility so that's why I brought it up. Being able to have waypoints visible at all times (not just when a unit is selected), would be a nice feature to go with this.

It might seem minor, but it's one of the big reasons CMx2 is a lot more time consuming to play IMO. (at least with my style of play)

I mean being able to select other waypoints by clicking on their lines without having to go back and find and select its unit first (so basically what was in CMx1). I posted a thread about it a while back and Steve (I think... whoever is behind the battlefront.com username) said it was a possibility so that's why I brought it up. Being able to have waypoints visible at all times (not just when a unit is selected), would be a nice feature to go with this.

It might seem minor, but it's one of the big reasons CMx2 is a lot more time consuming to play IMO. (at least with my style of play)

Ah. OK. I can see that being useful, at least occasionally.

2 years from now for Stalingrad? Try 4-6

I want the game near perfect, esp when it comes to urban fighting, by the time we get to Stalingrad. So willing to wait for that particular battle. Hoping any changes done to get the Battle of Berlin scenarios playing well will put Stalingrad in good stead.

Inserts... lines into an existing map, i.e. expand the centre, ect.

What you want is cut'n'paste of parts of the map.

The solution isn't for BFC to add features like that for every little thing some map person wants. The solution is im- and export so that we can do it with our own programs. And it isn't impossible, Panzer Command does it just fine. In fact their whole editor is the result of this, it started out as a user-written alternative editor and quickly killed the thing that the developer had built in those 10 minutes/week he had left over after doing the actual game.

• 1 month later...
Your probably right.. better take the extra weeks to iron out those bugs. Very much looking forward to another quality BFC product :)

Yes it's what Battlefront do, it is a quality product unlike the near disaster of a release of Rome Total War 2 a couple of weeks ago. On the 3rd patch already.

Battlefront's commercial independence is it's major strength. No Sega calling the shots and creating a release date with it's coming out ready or not.

I know which one I prefer.

Yes it's what Battlefront do, it is a quality product unlike the near disaster of a release of Rome Total War 2 a couple of weeks ago. On the 3rd patch already.

Battlefront's commercial independence is it's major strength. No Sega calling the shots and creating a release date with it's coming out ready or not.

I know which one I prefer.

Lets be fair here ! Shockforce was a disaster at nearly all fronts ....

A agree... CMSF became an outstanding game after it was fully patched, and many of us still enjoy playing it.

What BFC learned is to never release anything until it is "ready for prime time" regardless of all the pleading. You only get one chance to make a good impression of a product, or as a company. So, I am confidently looking forward to their future releases because I know that delays mean that they are "getting it right".

stikkypixie and Erwin are correct.

I enjoyed CMSF in PC but never fully appreciated CMSF till I got the Mac Bundle. Plenty of fun in an older game and so much user content / mods. I am sure CMSF-2 and Black Sea are going to be another level of goodness. BFC is like that and returning customers like and buy that.

Making the extra weeks to get Market Garden right is well worth the wait for BFC and us customers.

Lets be fair here ! Shockforce was a disaster at nearly all fronts ....

And wasn't it that because the SF was forced to be released by some big company (can't remember which one though...) on a pre determined release date and not when BFC saw the game to be ready and releasable? And now they try to avoid the same thing happening again.

And wasn't it that because the SF was forced to be released by some big company (can't remember which one though...) on a pre determined release date and not when BFC saw the game to be ready and releasable? And now they try to avoid the same thing happening again.

Absolutely. And BFC has never made that mistake again.