The start of actual news

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love CMSF..modern toys are great to play with..the power is awesome!..I never thought I'd really enjoy it due to the setting..but with the Brit module for me it's a tactical classic and I can't wait for the next modern warfare game. I never thought I'd be looking forward to that nearly as much as the east front series.

I never thought modern would be my cup of tea either.. bought it to support BF at first. After some time with it I just fell in love. Both the setting and the new x2 engine.

For me it was very appealing with a game that was able to simulate current events in Afghanistan and Iraq.

No, but based on what has been said before, some time in the coming year (2014). Possible in the first half of the coming year.

Michael

Based on whats been said we are actually playing the Bulge Game, the next Modern Game and looking forward to episode 2 of the EF Series right now!

Based on reality I imagine the next game might be out in 2014 as BF do have a long tradition of bringing out a title or module almost every year since 2007.

Although, Im not entirely sure which game will be out next year I am looking forward to it and fervently hoping that its the Eastern Front one and not the Bulge one. Another Western European Theatre right now would just be too much for me and far too samey.

Hopefully we will see an Eastern release Jul/Aug next year.

...BF do have a long tradition of bringing out a title or module almost every year since 2007.

True if you go back that far. However, they have been releasing at almost twice that rate recently. FI came out in September last year, GL this past May, and now 14 months after FI we are expecting MG momentarily. This is getting close to one release ever six months that Steve said was their goal. That BTW is not counting upgrade releases of which we have had one.

Michael

True if you go back that far. However, they have been releasing at almost twice that rate recently. FI came out in September last year, GL this past May, and now 14 months after FI we are expecting MG momentarily. This is getting close to one release ever six months that Steve said was their goal. That BTW is not counting upgrade releases of which we have had one.

Michael

While the above is true the evidence shows the following:

2007 - Shock Force

2011 - CMBN

2012 - CMFI

3 main games in just six years which have been enhanced by:

3 x Shock Force modules.

1 x CMBN module

1 x FI Module

I would say the future is looking rosier as since pre 2011 there were 4 iterations of the game and post 2010 there have also been 4 but at a faster rate.

Oh and we did have the CM Afghan game that was made by another company but no doubt aided by BF.

However, Im sure the speed up has been helped by the fact that a lot of the models and vehicles are very similar to those in other modules and so a fair bit of work must be saved there.

Although Im happy with this rate of publishing I wouldnt mind a wee developers log snippet from time to time. A few lines giving some simple information about game development would be good, nothing specific but a general indication of where they are at with various games and modules.

I have no idea where they are at with anything right now, CMBN-MG seems very close, possibly by the end of October, which would suit me as Im not home until then and have been unable to play anything for the last 4 months but the east front game seems to have dissapeared and that is what Im really waiting for. I didnt buy the Italy game (a first for me) as I have no real interest in another Western European game and I wont be gettig the Bulge game (for the same reasons).

Would be nice to have an indication on the EF game but Im thinking mid 2014 going on past releases, but I do stand by to be surprised.

While the above is true the evidence shows the following:

2007 - Shock Force

2011 - CMBN

2012 - CMFI

3 main games in just six years which have been enhanced by:

3 x Shock Force modules.

1 x CMBN module

1 x FI Module

I would say the future is looking rosier as since pre 2011 there were 4 iterations of the game and post 2010 there have also been 4 but at a faster rate.

Oh and we did have the CM Afghan game that was made by another company but no doubt aided by BF.

However, Im sure the speed up has been helped by the fact that a lot of the models and vehicles are very similar to those in other modules and so a fair bit of work must be saved there.

Although Im happy with this rate of publishing I wouldnt mind a wee developers log snippet from time to time. A few lines giving some simple information about game development would be good, nothing specific but a general indication of where they are at with various games and modules.

I have no idea where they are at with anything right now, CMBN-MG seems very close, possibly by the end of October, which would suit me as Im not home until then and have been unable to play anything for the last 4 months but the east front game seems to have dissapeared and that is what Im really waiting for. I didnt buy the Italy game (a first for me) as I have no real interest in another Western European game and I wont be gettig the Bulge game (for the same reasons).

Would be nice to have an indication on the EF game but Im thinking mid 2014 going on past releases, but I do stand by to be surprised.

Italy games _base +gl _ is the best one in this series

you should play at least demo for them

I'd say that is a pretty good guess as of this time. Upcoming announcements may of course push that timetable in either direction, but for now it strikes me as reasonable.

Michael

Battlefront: I am going to need another Metal case for all of my modules... this is a good thing. When you do the Russian front can we get another case for to hold our precious Jems?

Also thank you Battlefront for not cancelling Market Garden. I religiously watch the 1977 classic and have a few books that are great. Thanks again for giving us such great quality enjoyment.

Not sure where to post this and sorry if it is the wrong place, but will we ever see the Grille in CMBN? It isn't included in MG, is it?

My guess is it will be included in the first pack for CMBN (not sure if there will be more than one). As the model is there for CMFI I would guess it means less work to move it over to CMBN than to create something from scratch. I love the little thing so hope to see it included.

Speaking of packs.. it would be great to get some more information about the amount of content. How many formations / how many vehicles can we expect in a pack (ballpark numbers)? If I’m not mistaken it has been said that a pack will include some scenarios focusing on the new units in the pack but no major campaigns. Also that the price will be lower than a module.

I’m sure BF knows what they are doing figuring out the amount of content and the price. I’m hoping for more content and will happily pay for it :)

My guess is it will be included in the first pack for CMBN (not sure if there will be more than one). As the model is there for CMFI I would guess it means less work to move it over to CMBN than to create something from scratch. I love the little thing so hope to see it included. I’m sure BF knows what they are doing figuring out the amount of content and the price. I’m hoping for more content and will happily pay for it :)

My sentiments exactly, the more modules and packs the better. MG proves that BF knows how to give us value for money, even for a limited period of the war, so as far as I'm concerned they can keep them coming.

I have another question and I realize it is too early for details, but if I understand correctly Bagration will be about the destruction of Army Group Centre. My question is will it include the aftermath of Bagration? With aftermath I mean the defensive battles in the Baltics and Poland. And what can we expect after that?

I assume BF will follow the same format as CMBN in that additional units and time periods will slowly be added in modules and/or packs until the time period from Bagration up to the end of the war is reached.

That isn't what Steve has said is going to happen. The BN family is done (apart from packs) with the release of MG. The next NWE WW2 game family will start with the Bulge, and the modules for that family will take us to the end of the war. The Eastern Front is going, as far as Steve has expressed the current intention, to be dealt with in a similar fashion with families for each year and modules to cover the prgression through the year. Where the break points will be, I can't recall, if they've been mentioned, or even decided yet. But I'm pretty sure Steve said there will be at least one additional family set chronologically after Bagration to cover the end-of-war fighting (and once that's all done, they'll start stepping back from before Bagration).

Togi, as I understand it we will still be using the cmx2 engine for Bagration and modern.. but we will go from 2.0 to 3.0.

Aragorn2002, I believe "Bagration" or the first east front title will have modules/packs that will bring to up to the end of the war. BF has also been talking about making CM east front into one single base game with a lot of modules instead of the earlier talk of 3-4 base games with modules.

I have another question and I realize it is too early for details, but if I understand correctly Bagration will be about the destruction of Army Group Centre. My question is will it include the aftermath of Bagration? With aftermath I mean the defensive battles in the Baltics and Poland. And what can we expect after that?

Pretty sure with add-on modules Bagration will go all the way to Berlin.

• 3 weeks later...