The start of actual news

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, we will have at least 4 "Theaters" of Families going at one time:

NW Europe (CMBN and Bulge)

Southern Europe (CMFI and hopefully North Africa)

Eastern Front (at least 4 Families, one for each year)

Modern (Arid and Temperate)

They will all be actively supported through the new Upgrade system, but new content for each will vary. Certainly we won't be doing content for every single Family concurrently. Yesh, that would be... impossible :D But I think with the advent of Packs we can keep 4 Families going per year with new content. Hopefully more. Some Families will likely warrant more attention than others.

Steve

Steve

North Africa, stop teasing me - From someone who wants to play or create a few Australian scenarios from Tobruk. :P

Just concerned with the upgrade system once there's a whole lot of games out there. I can understand the method behind the madness. The BF crew do need to eat once and a while I know, but the thought of buying say four or five upgrade packs for each family of games gets a little heavy on the wallet. Any chance of package deals for CM tragics who will inevitably own every family?

Great news to hear that BF will redo CMSF for the upgraded engine. I really do feel pretty spoiled by the schedule and continuous upgrades that CM promises. A CMSF2 is like the icing on the cake.

I wondered if you might consider developing -after the fictional modern ones - some factual middle east conflicts, eg; Iran/Iraq, Arab/Israeli etc. I suppose it's uncertain how much demand there is for that but there's no doubting it's virgin territory for 3d computer wargames - which perhaps gives it some latent strength: Originality carries weight in reviews, especially in a world where every other developer is just rehashing the same old tried and tested theatres, eras and ideas.

Another thing that really floats my boat would be a fictional retrospective conflict like an 80's cold war scenario in northern Europe or the Baltics. Possibility?

Great news to hear that BF will redo CMSF for the upgraded engine. I really do feel pretty spoiled by the schedule and continuous upgrades that CM promises. A CMSF2 is like the icing on the cake.

Another thing that really floats my boat would be a fictional retrospective conflict like an 80's cold war scenario in northern Europe or the Baltics. Possibility?

Me too..but I think maybe we are just being very greedy considering all the goodness due..

Me too..but I think maybe we are just being very greedy considering all the goodness due..

As exited as I am about all that is to come, I would exchange it happily for the Eastern front. If the choice would be Eastern front or all other modules I wouldn't hesitate one second. I know there still is CMBB, but after CMBN/CMFI it is hard to go back to those graphics.

As exited as I am about all that is to come, I would exchange it happily for the Eastern front. If the choice would be Eastern front or all other modules I wouldn't hesitate one second. I know there still is CMBB, but after CMBN/CMFI it is hard to go back to those graphics.

Again I agree..Eastern Front is what I'm really waiting on..everything else is a bonus.

They will all be actively supported through the new Upgrade system, but new content for each will vary.

That is excellent news - well done BFC. As a developer by trade I know how challenging it is to manage multiple versions of a product - working on multiple branches and merging changes across them is a major time sink. I usually only have to deal with two at a time. The more you add the more time gets used up just shuttling fixes around.

That would be awesome. CMAK is my favorite of the CM1 games I have (no CM overlord for me:-(

What I meant to quote:

As exited as I am about all that is to come, I would exchange it happily for the Eastern front. If the choice would be Eastern front or all other modules I wouldn't hesitate one second.

You just quoted yourself, Ian. I admire that in a man.

LOL oops not intentional I assure you. Nothing to admire here:D

NW Europe (CMBN and Bulge)

Eastern Front (at least 4 Families, one for each year)

Modern (Arid and Temperate)

They will all be actively supported through the new Upgrade system, but new content for each will vary. Certainly we won't be doing content for every single Family concurrently. Yesh, that would be... impossible :D But I think with the advent of Packs we can keep 4 Families going per year with new content. Hopefully more. Some Families will likely warrant more attention than others.

Steve

Good business plan.

Thanks for the information Steve.

Humble advice: divide all the 'families' into exactly two modules not three as in CMBN. That avoids the stress over potentially gypping those who bought module#1 but not module#2 in terms of playable content available in module#3.

We stopped the fussing and lil bunny foo foo came out and gave us a carrot.

I had to look that up.

Little Bunny Foo Foo is a children's poem, involving a rabbit harassing a population of field mice. The rabbit is scolded and eventually punished by a fairy.

:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Bunny_Foo_Foo

Humble advice: divide all the 'families' into exactly two modules not three as in CMBN. That avoids the stress over potentially gypping those who bought module#1 but not module#2 in terms of playable content available in module#3.

I think CMBN is getting 2 modules and a "pack". But even with just 2 modules you can run into the same issue if you bought the base game and module 2 but not module 1.