The start of actual news

I can understand that. I just hope for your sake that you aren't plunged into a suicidal depression when your hopes are crushed. But just in case you are, remember to slice lengthways along the vein or artery and not across it.

HTH

:)

Michael

lol, you don't always get what you want, but I refuse to let that make me aim low. ;)

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh ye of little faith. When BF is too busy to post it is always a good sign.

That's always been my way of thinking.

Unless Steve got busted with Paris Hilton again, but she'd have tweeted that.

Not to derogate the esteemed co-founder, but I think the odds of Paris Hilton even so much as glancing at Steve are...well...about the same as a barehanded close assault by a lone sniper against a platoon of Panthers guarded by a company of Panzer Grenadiers. Or something like that.

:D

Michael

Steve is in Paris staying at the Hilton? It seems he maybe makes $100 an hour, I guess he can afford it!!! But dang, 50 hours...Wow! I hope he gets a smoke break every couple hours.

2. We feel the market for a strategic layer is too small to warrant the distraction factor. Few of you are self employed and/or have high level job responsibilities that also have a lot of flexibility built in. This means that most of you don't understand real world choices that involve investments of time. That's no slight on you guys, just a statement of fact reinforced every time we have a discussion like this. So I'll try to make our perspective more understandable:

If you were working a job paying $100 per hour for 50 hours per week, and someone then asked you if you wanted to work for them 20 hours per week at $30 per hour... would you take the second job? Perhaps if it was really fulfilling or took you to an interesting part of the world, but if you were happily doing the $100 per hour job you'd be a fool to take it.

Led to believe by whom ?

I suggest you have a look at that :

http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/tgm/table.do?tab=table&init=1&plugin=1&language=en&pcode=tps00071

It will give you a good overview of the situation in Europe. The average work week in France is estimated by Eurostat at 41 hours in 2008.

In France, the legal maximum number of hours worked per week is 35 (cf. the famous "35 hours law" passed by the social government of Lionel Jospin at the end of the 1990's). But it does not reflect the reality because since then conservative governments have considerably increased the legal number of extra hours one can get. As a civil servant I work 37.5 hours a week.

As for weeks of vacations per year, it's 5 weeks in France.

Some international comparison might be enlightening as well :

http://www.mercer.com//press-releases/holiday-entitlements-around-the-world

Hope it helps !

Ha you know they dont have 50 hour work weeks in Europe. I thought they were down to 30 and thought us Americans nuts for 40?

Actually, the average hour weeks (both legal and real) in most European countries is well over 40, similarly to US middle-class workers, I guess.

PD: As the eurostat link provided by monsieur Morneau shows.