CMBN v.2.0 is out!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The uniform selection is cool.

Go into the scenario editor and pick a U.S. Airborne battalion. Then select the battalion (or any individual unit) and look at the unit detail options at the bottom of the screen. In the drop down menu for uniforms, you can choose 101st or 82nd Airborne, and the units will have corresponding shoulder patches and other details in-game.

If you do the same for Panzergrenadiers, you have the option to no camo, mixed, or full camo.

This will require remaking (or at least repackaging) a lot of uniform mods since they no longer work, but in the long run it's a great tool to have!

I can't check right now because I'm at work, but how deep is the unit uniform selection?

Is it at the division level? the Battalion level?

Does it affect tank crew (I doubt it with the tankers in tank suits)?

Does it affect the helmets or other parts of the uniform?

Haven't seen any comments on British or Canadian uniforms....

Pucker factor 9.5...LOL.

Mord.

I can't check right now because I'm at work, but how deep is the unit uniform selection?

Is it at the division level? the Battalion level?

Does it affect tank crew (I doubt it with the tankers in tank suits)?

Does it affect the helmets or other parts of the uniform?

Haven't seen any comments on British or Canadian uniforms....

It doesn't go terribly deep, as far as I can see. Options for camo or not show up for the SS, and the two airborne divisions for U.S. airborne, but the rest is pretty generic (i.e. what we had before).

Canister was popular, it basically gave back the old obsolete 37mm some utility in fighting. I've read anecdotes of U.S. canister being used from Normandy to the Ruhr. Britain was given some 400,000(?) 37mm canister rounds as lend-lease but reportedly shipped all of it to the Pacific. 2 pounder could chamber and fire the round too, I understand, but no anecdote could be found of Brits firing canister in Normandy. British Staghounds, Humber and the various Stuarts don't get canister.

It's $20 plus SH if you want both the download and the disc and printed manual.

We can't do anything about the shipping cost, unfortunatelyl we're passing on our actual cost, and the USPS keeps increasing prices (we actually swallowed the last several increases without passing them on to the customers).

Martin

...considering one gets the 2.0 update with the MG module (is that correct?).

I guess Moon missed this bit, the busy chap. AIUI, you'll be able to get the 2.0 upgrade as a "bundle deal" for a bit less than the total cost of MG plus whatever 2.0 costs in your chosen delivery method. I'm pretty sure they won't be giving it away for free, and it would be a slap in the face to early adopters to just include the 2.0 upgrade automatically, and bump the MG module price by the price of the upgrade.

Standing ready to be corrected, natch, since this is from memory of some pretty rambling discussions.