Look Videos !!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooooooooohh...

Nice bone there, very nice.

My favorite moments were:

*The truly monstrous and menacing ground-level zoom shots of the Tiger.

*The Commonwealth 17-pounder (I think that's what I saw).

*The German SP gun.

Since it's advertised as video from the beta, I won't quibble with any of the details of uniforms and kit -- still hoping to see realistically netted and foliage-bedecked Tommy helmets. I couldn't tell from the videos whether the SS have their much-awaited battle smocks yet, either.

Personnally, It appears nothing has changed much in the mechanics of the game as to how units are working.

Did not see any terrain features that stuck out as being new.

So, it comes down to getting new units to play with, for sure that will make our UK fans happy.

Maybe a little blue on blue should be in order. Ameriocans vs Brits

Oooooooooohh...

Nice bone there, very nice.

My favorite moments were:

*The truly monstrous and menacing ground-level zoom shots of the Tiger.

*The Commonwealth 17-pounder (I think that's what I saw).

*The German SP gun.

Since it's advertised as video from the beta, I won't quibble with any of the details of uniforms and kit -- still hoping to see realistically netted and foliage-bedecked Tommy helmets. I couldn't tell from the videos whether the SS have their much-awaited battle smocks yet, either.

I couldn't tell either. But since they still have the wrong zeltbahns (Wehrmacht camo), I suppose they are still WIP. Also if BF intends to implement LW Field divisions as well, they can't really allow themselves not to implement a 3D smock model.

Could be imaginary but....are the units in buildings now firing from a recessed position instead of bunching up at the windows?

I noticed that too and was wondering why it looked weird, then it dawned on me. Would be cool if true, the whole "hey guys let's all stand in this same window together!" thing is annoying.

I fully understand that modules are not meant to introduce new features, but in the course of a year have there not been any gameplay improvements at all? Are we strictly looking at bug fixes and new units/scenarios?

Is the pin-point mortar attack taking out a Marder in like 5 shots meant to be a kick in the nuts of everyone who participated in the 81mm Mortar dispersion thread?

LOL. I just watched that particular sequence and the first shot got a direct hit on the crew compartment and killed one guy. (3:02) The second shot (3:10) lands about a metre to the right, the third shot (3:17) right on the frontal armour, and the fourth shot (3:25) delivers the knock-out blow. Very accurate indeed.

Cool Vids.. Never did watch Normandy pre release vids, just bought it. But in these vids i noticed MINIMAL camera panning and even with the moving of the camera they did do you can see the stutters going on. So it appears from what i just saw that even there PC's can struggle with this game. WEIRD!!

Time for a new game engine perhaps? :) Or at the very least a update/refinement of the shadows? :) Look at 0:34 on the 2nd video there a bouts, in the wheat field and the shadows :(

Is the pin-point mortar attack taking out a Marder in like 5 shots meant to be a kick in the nuts of everyone who participated in the 81mm Mortar dispersion thread? ;)

I recorded that sequence specifically because it was a particularly exceptional moment. That was the 2-inch mortar team's last few rounds trying to take out the Marder and they got VERY lucky, although they cost some teammates' lives in the process, and were the second team to make the attempt (first team failed).

Having never purchased a Battlefront game Module add-on before (Mac Owner), these would be my expectations for a CMBN module:

1) A selection of new units and equipment

2) A couple of 'game mechanics' and/or 'gameplay' enhancements

3) Some new terrain features

4) A number of game fixes

5) Several new missions and a couple of campaigns

6) A short module handbook .pdf

I don't know if this is reasonable, but it would be a package I would be very happy with.

Mind you , you'll get few complaints from me - I'm just so happy I can play my favourite game on my Mac!

Thanks for the video bones!

First impressions...

On the positive side, the Brit regulars look great! A big "Nice work!" to the artist(s) who did them. I can't wait to take them into battle! For the core module, Vein's Germans and EZ's US uniforms are must haves for me, but these Brits look just as good stock.

On the other hand, the German camo is underwhelming and they all look the same. Will this change? Also, the textures on the CW vehicles look underdeveloped as compared to the core module German gear.

In terms of video impact, I think it would be greatly increased by more frontal action shots of the CW infantry where you can see the weapon details. I think there was only one quick hip-shot burst from a Bren and it was a rear camera angle. In general, most of the action was rear angle medium shots of CW infantry running around and getting picked off.

Also, it would be nice to have seen a Cromwell.

One thing did disappoint me. Although they got it with a PF (lucky! -Didn't think they would survive long enough), the 2nd vid (4:24) shows a moving BU tank spotting crawling infantry behind a hedge first and opening fire on them. Although it doesn't always happen this way, I'm leaning towards the camp that thinks spotting needs to be tweaked to make it almost impossible for this kind of thing to happen.

Anyway, thanks again for the vids and I'm getting that waiting for Xmas feeling big time!

Macisle