Look Videos !!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the uniform grogs out there, can the German uniforms intended for the CW module be accurately depicted with new textures only on core module models, or do they really require new soldier models as well to be truly accurately represented?

I'm not enough of a grog on this stuff to know, but perhaps that's what's not hitting it for me on the German camo in the vid. Or perhaps it's the lighting in the scenes, or the Beta-level of the variety mix amongst the soldiers.

Just ponderin'...

Thanks.

Macisle

turn rate of king tiger is hopefully not final. it was looking like CMx1 and even worse. it barely moved or was it bogged? it wasnt sunk though.

it looked like a turn rate of 1° or 2° deg per second.

Is the pin-point mortar attack taking out a Marder in like 5 shots meant to be a kick in the nuts of everyone who participated in the 81mm Mortar dispersion thread?

hehe i was thinking the same.

other then this two items, the video was nice. liked it very high quality.

For the uniform grogs out there, can the German uniforms intended for the CW module be accurately depicted with new textures only on core module models, or do they really require new soldier models as well to be truly accurately represented?

I'm not enough of a grog on this stuff to know, but perhaps that's what's not hitting it for me on the German camo in the vid. Or perhaps it's the lighting in the scenes, or the Beta-level of the variety mix amongst the soldiers.

Just ponderin'...

Thanks.

Macisle

It's possible, but that would mean to neglect a great variety of camo non-camo clothing worn by SS troopers. Now of course its not possible to recreate every single piece even of the rarer equipment like the Kriegsmarine leather jackets and trousers for tankers, but some of the more common stuff should be in.

So far we haven't seen the LW-Field troops, but they too used camo smocks to great extend. I think wearing Field blue garnment would be a very rare thing for front line troops.

Cool Vids.. Never did watch Normandy pre release vids, just bought it. But in these vids i noticed MINIMAL camera panning and even with the moving of the camera they did do you can see the stutters going on. So it appears from what i just saw that even there PC's can struggle with this game. WEIRD!!

That can be caused by the framerate setting of FRAPS used to capture the video.

That can be caused by the framerate setting of FRAPS used to capture the video.

Yeah, running the game AND running the capture on the same computer eats up resources for the game. Also, processing the video after it's been recorded via video editing software can add stutter where there is none during recording, because of small incompatibilities with codecs etc.. So the result will always be little more "stuttery".

Keep in mind though that I was recording this at all Best settings at 1920x1280! :)

Martin

I hope there are significant improvements otherwise it will be the first combat mission I don't purchase. Sniper mortars, and units being too easily spotted are my biggest problems with the engine, but there are many more minor irritations. New uniforms and equipment aren't a good enough reason to purchase it.

I may be nitpicking here, but at 3:42 on the first video, it took around 10 seconds for the Bren gunner to reload his magazine, at 5:54 it took the Panzershrek guy 6 seconds to reload his rocket.

That just doesn't seem right to me, that replacing a magazine on a LMG can take longer then reloading an anti-tank rocket. From what I have read you could swap out a mag on a Bren in 2 seconds with a loader, and not much more than 5-6 seconds on your own. 10 second long reloads are going to seriously hamper the British squads firepower given it is much more dependent on the LMG than the US squad.

Hell Lee Ermey can reload and commence firing on his own in 6 seconds and he is not even trained in using it.

Personnally, It appears nothing has changed much in the mechanics of the game as to how units are working.

Did not see any terrain features that stuck out as being new.

So, it comes down to getting new units to play with, for sure that will make our UK fans happy.

Maybe a little blue on blue should be in order. Ameriocans vs Brits

It's a module!!!!

Sorry to say it didn't get me excited and seemed same old, same old. I'm sure my negativity will be sorted out for me though by the mafia. I moan about the minimal amount of info we receive, it now all makes sense. Can I get my cash back?

Not sure what some expect here...it's a module not a new base game. Not sure why you pre ordered if you weren't happy about lack of info. As far as I can see where getting what was advertised.

I for one was impressed and the vids meet expectation.

Para I suggest you find another game mate.

People here who you call mafia are fine when people request new features or even ask for things to be changed or point out bugs. However comments like yours above serve no purpose.

One reason why I rarely come on this forum is because of the petty moans (most of them are due to the person not knowing how to play the game) and general negativity that permeates the forum at times.

Not sure what some expect here...it's a module not a new base game. Not sure why you pre ordered if you weren't happy about lack of info. As far as I can see where getting what was advertised.

I for one was impressed and the vids meet expectation.

Para I suggest you find another game mate.

People here who you call mafia are fine when people request new features or even ask for things to be changed or point out bugs. However comments like yours above serve no purpose.

One reason why I rarely come on this forum is because of the petty moans (most of them are due to the person not knowing how to play the game) and general negativity that permeates the forum at times.

Wodin

You are starting to sound like BFC's self appointed minister for propaganda. If you do not like my opinion or what I say please block me.

Hear hear -- As much as the moaning and nitpicking and negativity irritate me, too, I also have to wonder if we who enjoy the game are also somewhat to blame for allowing that tone to overshadow the forums. Negativity usually wins because it tends to drive people away.

So, on a positive note: If lots more of players posted lots more good AARs, lively and entertaining discussions of tactics and playing the game (instead of posts about the game or game engine itself), more stories about the history being simulated, etc., the negative stuff would just be a minor nuisance. If it has to be about the game or engine itself, then let's see more constructive threads (like the amazing mortar accuracy tests) -- which are at least better than "this is lame, this game s**ks.")

Didn't see anybody on this thread say its lame or that it sucks. I am saying its not worth the cash without improvements to the well documented problems. If new uniforms does it for you,well then have at it. I'll just wait for the next base game I suppose. And a huge AMEN to para's comment.

Interesting, BF go to a lot of trouble to create a visually immersive environment and then portray a Tiger tank with the same physical properties, when firing or moving, as a Sdkfz 250/9. Sorry, really kills it for me and I cannot see why you cannot have a simple realistic/exagerated setting for movement dynamics to cater for both tastes.

I already ordered CW and even if it doesn't have any big improvements, I won't mind because none were promised. I mostly just want all the new nations to play around with. However, it creates concerns for the future of the series. Are we looking at another year before the Market Garden module comes out, with no improvements or new features either? I'm a patient fellow, but am I seriously going to have to wait 2 more years for that armor only arc?

The peasants are growing restless, our liege has left us in the dark for too long.

Didn't see anybody on this thread say its lame or that it sucks. I am saying its not worth the cash without improvements to the well documented problems.

You completely miss the point that you don't even need to pay anything for the patches, you'll get them whether you buy the module or not. So if you're not interested in the contents themselves, don't buy the module. You will still be getting the same update for the game as those who bought it. Stop behaving like modules are being forced down your throat.

Didn't say I wasn't interested in the contents of the module or that somebody was forcing it down my throat. I'm not asking for a whole new engine I am simply asking that things be fixed that don't work as they should. Now if they are fixed as some were with CMSF then I will be more than willing to lay down some cash. Maybe its just bad PR on the part of BFC and they have addressed some of the issues that have been universally complained about and they havent told anybody. Sergei.... Why is it you act like I pissed in your Cheerios simply because I'm concerned that problems aren't being addressed before rolling out new material. You should lighten up a bit, you're not being paid by BFC are you?

Sorry to say it didn't get me excited and seemed same old, same old. I'm sure my negativity will be sorted out for me though by the mafia. I moan about the minimal amount of info we receive, it now all makes sense. Can I get my cash back?

You seem a bit out of sorts, Para. I'm sensing a cosmic ennui. This video might prove helpful:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/306779/saturday-night-live-frozen-mexican-dinner

Didn't say I wasn't interested in the contents of the module or that somebody was forcing it down my throat. I'm not asking for a whole new engine I am simply asking that things be fixed that don't work as they should.

That's fine, but like with CMSF, it has got nothing to do with modules. Never has, never will. The most advantage that you get from buying the module is receiving the next patch a couple of weeks before others, as it comes bundled with it.

Didn't say I wasn't interested in the contents of the module or that somebody was forcing it down my throat. I'm not asking for a whole new engine I am simply asking that things be fixed that don't work as they should. Now if they are fixed as some were with CMSF then I will be more than willing to lay down some cash. Maybe its just bad PR on the part of BFC and they have addressed some of the issues that have been universally complained about and they havent told anybody.

Yes, there are issues fixed by the module, AND the free patch that will come out around the time the module does. We don't introduce major *features* in modules, but we do our best to fix the bugs we know about with every release. That's why we release free patches alongside paid module releases.

I've been fairly good about mentioning which issues have been fixed, in the threads they've been brought up in. If you have some specific problems you'd like to ask about, please do.