CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

3 hours ago, Grey_Fox said:

Not sure of the name of the map, it's the first mission of the Courage and Fortitude campaign.

Courage and Fortitude long time ago that I play this campaign

Nice to remind it !

2 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

@JM Stuff The mission in Grey Fox's video is called "Over hill and down dale".

Yes is a part of this campaing I just see now the details thanks @Warts 'n' all.

JM

1 hour ago, NPye said:

Cheers bud, I did start with period Edith Piaf...lol I liked the build up but have to admit very Soviet sounding.....

Yes like the song "Non, rien de rien, je ne regrette rien"  this is what I said when I see yours videos works...I hope soon to help you to added some flavours...

hem hem,!!! I dont see for the time my Opel Blitz ambu to see the effect in a video... just a little remind 😉 !

JM

Played the excellent Hobart's Funnies scenario and whipped up an AAR. Some choice shots:

CM%20Normandy%202022-09-10%202_40_48%20PM.png

CM%20Normandy%202022-09-10%202_53_40%20PM.png

CM%20Normandy%202022-09-14%208_29_22%20PM.png

CM%20Normandy%202022-09-17%202_18_36%20PM.png

Phenomenal infantry set-piece. I wish I had the time this weekend to play Swansong, the variant without the Funnies, to see just how much more bloody it is without these innovations. 

Read it here: https://rinaldiaars.blogspot.com/2022/09/armatos-fundit-cm-battle-of-normandy-aar.html

Edited by Rinaldi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Phantom Captain said:

@quakerparrot67 Some really good ones here!  Love that first pic of the paras in the mist!

one of the things that makes cm2 so perfect for 'combat photography' is the various atmospheric effects, they really add to the immersion and realism of the shots., at least for me roaming through the battles searching for pics. 

cheers, and thanks,

rob

9 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

some shots from arnhem/oosterbeek and other market garden locales... all comments, critiques, etc. welcome.

Some very cool screenshots.  On the top of your screenshots I noticed you have the words:

PAUSED ESC to continue ALT-Q to Quit etc. 

While watching a play back if you hit SHIFT & ESCAPE the game will pause without showing the words at the top of the screen.  You only have to hit SHIFT & ESCAPE one time.  After that one time you can use the normal pause and the white wording will no longer appear on the top of the screen.

In some of the screenshots the status block is visible in the bottom left (the green writing that describes what each soldier is doing, spotting, firing, etc.  The status block shows when a unit is selected.  If you have no unit selected then you'll have no status block displayed on your screenshot. 

Most players will generally crop out the User Interface (UI) along the bottom of the screenshot.  Sometimes you may want the UI to display in order to show the C2 status, level of suppression, ammo etc.  If you don't need the UI displayed for some reason it can just be cropped out of the screenshot.  :)        

1 minute ago, Phantom Captain said:

Yes, I took a lot of screenshots before realizing I could turn off the objective and set up zones.  And I've been playing these since the beginning.  Ha!  

Not what I mean, I usually go in the green channel of a screenshot and move it slightly to the opposite. The green grass and hedges get a more natural color. It also depends on the monitor. Nevertheless, nice pictures

3 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Not what I mean, I usually go in the green channel of a screenshot and move it slightly to the opposite. The green grass and hedges get a more natural color. It also depends on the monitor. Nevertheless, nice pictures

Ahh!  I see what you mean!  I may fiddle with that.  CMBN is definitely the greenest of the WWII titles.  And thank you! 

some really great action shots, you know how to get right down in there  with the troops.  i really like the bridge shots, too.

so who else wants to join the league of cm2 wwii combat photogs?  hell, i'm more gomer pyle than ernie pyle, but it's fun to shoot and fun to share (if i ever post anything that corny again please shoot  'me'...).

cheers,

rob