CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

1 minute ago, Vacillator said:

I get it, you were thinking of driving some of your Panzer IVs over my poor Americans in their foxholes?

Haha, just trying to be in character my friend :)

Mind you, it's a well documented tactic by both Allied and Axis tankers to bury infantry in their foxholes by driving onto the fortifications and then pivoting on a track to essentially cover the foxhole or trench with the dirt.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, IanL said:

@quakerparrot67 your captures look very nice. If you pause the game using the <alt> key along with the <esc> key you an hide that game paused notification. You just have to do it once after that for that session the notice does not appear.

yep- i know that now, lol.   still miss a shot now and again.  and thank you.

cheers,

rob

• 2 weeks later...

The re-worked Road to Nijmegan, mission 2.  Really enjoying this so far.

42.png

32.png

37.png

41.png

"The object of war isn't to die for your country, it's to make the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

10.png

13.png

14.png

Finally, just had to share...

My paratroopers are having that kind of day.  Calling my 81mm arty support down on a line of hedgerows about 650m away, this German AFV takes a lucky round right through the top armor...

11.png

12.png

Edited by Phantom Captain

On 4/13/2023 at 12:11 AM, Warts &#x27;n&#x27; all said:

A great series of pictures. The last one in particular. It is a very rare treat when something like that happens.

Thanks, and yes Indeed!  My jaw dropped and I literally watched the turn about 15 times.  Most surprisingly, the driver made it out and got away!  

16 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

did it just drop into the open turret top?   damn...  that's luck!

and, as always, great pics.

cheers,

rob

Thanks!  Yep, it sure did.  Another round hit about 5m meters behind first, causing him to actually close the top hatch, and then this round dropped right through the soft armor top.  I think it actually detonated on impact but it does say it penetrated.  It looked like the bomb did actually go through the top armor and explode all at once.  Incredibly lucky!  

Spoilers if you don't want the info for The Road to Nijmegen, but yeah, my guys had a good showing this day...

Combat-Mission-Battle-For-Normandy-Scree

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 10:56 PM, quakerparrot67 said:

did it just drop into the open turret top?   damn...  that's luck!

Speaking of luck, I was just playing Meijel Mayhem by PBEM and had decided to lay down some suppression from several of my mud-immobilised Panthers.  One of these was firing at the farm buildings in the middle of the map. Without ever spotting it, one of the rounds passed straight through a farm building and KO'd my opponent's last remaining Sherman (a 76mm version at that) which he was hoping to ambush me with.  Made me wonder, as I assume the Panther was firing HE at the buildings, but it was enough to one-shot the Sherman anyway.

4 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Speaking of luck, I was just playing Meijel Mayhem by PBEM and had decided to lay down some suppression from several of my mud-immobilised Panthers.  One of these was firing at the farm buildings in the middle of the map. Without ever spotting it, one of the rounds passed straight through a farm building and KO'd my opponent's last remaining Sherman (a 76mm version at that) which he was hoping to ambush me with.  Made me wonder, as I assume the Panther was firing HE at the buildings, but it was enough to one-shot the Sherman anyway.

That's awesome!  I've seen crazy stuff like that before too.  Only in CM!