CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

2 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

All this talk and activity with shiny new hats, @JM Stuff making us a Viking helmet 😉, M.Falaise giving us some M43 Feldmutze love, got me to thinking how far can we push the envelope, must be scope for a bit of this Black Country cloth:

hMGgpML.jpg

Or maybe some special Essex assault troops:

OuHJc2k.jpg

and even perhaps a bit of by heck ...

pJfqnam.jpg

Thoughts...?

This is all already ready for cmcw I read your mind !!!😊

read pls in your pm !!

Edited by JM Stuff

6 hours ago, Falaise said:

So far everything is ok
the problem and I wanted to know from you Lucky if you also see it, it is with the Lw model
for some unknown reason the bmp of the m43 and the side cap appear simultaneously which seems surprising
here on the same image the two bmp appear! same crew yet
while i write i think i will double the bmp

Okay I think I figured this - it's not as odd as it might seem.

It took a lot of trial and error, so there are a lot of pics for you all to suffer, but it will hopefully help @Falaise provide us with some nice new Feldmutze for our old fashioned German pixeltruppen. Remember this took hours to figure out!

It seemed these were all broken, the crew, excluding officer, should all have matching M43 caps, a need for technicolour ...

E39wUkA.jpgHeer Panzer crew with mixed textures for caps (headphones removed for now), broken ...

YN5k8Is.jpg

stretched old texture ... very odd ...

CMh0q3p.jpg

Heer Assault Gun crew - nope, old texture here too ...

6fZAaVp.jpg

LW Panzer crew - broken too ... but they got headphones, I thought I got rid of them ...?!

tgWTe4V.jpg

SS Panzer crew - always have to show off, but sill broken ...

chPrT8y.jpg

?**! But hang on - what's this - SS Assault gun crews all get a tangarine each - don't get it ...

GbmZfNi.jpg

LW Assault gun crews too? what's going on? And where did they get those headphones?

mYDRC7E.jpg

Who the hell are you???? 

So, apart the the LW crews all bringing their own headphones to the table (they were told to leave them in their vehicles!) what's happening here? All the sidecap files that are in the full 4.0.3 install of CMBN are:

QvG8LY5.jpg

It's a lot but nearly half are old, unused (I hope) textures and there are doubles in some cases because of modules like Market Garden. The new Feldmutze textures are in the Z folder, right at the end, so should override all the old textures but something odd is going on ...

The clue is the ones that are working ... or more specifically the LW Assault Gun crew - I haven't modded those previously so their caps were vanilla textures, and notice in the installed game set there are two textures which I'd matched with my Feldmutze mod, that is I had installed two copies of the new texture for the LW Assault Gun crew caps to overwrite the two originals. Then it dawned on me ... I have a shed load of uniform mods installed for the Germans, and I have multiple modded versions of the original sidecaps - two or three textures in nearly every case. SO?

Remove any mods you have installed for the sidecap and everything should work as expected. If your Z folder has any EXTRA sidecaps like this:

xD03Un8.jpg

Take them out and the new textures will decorate all your caps. OR you can add multiple copies of the new Feldmutze texture to overwrite your installed mod set, like so:

ZDPGIhF.jpg

Now all my Pixeltruppen crew have nice new hat textures ...

743XQEw.jpg

EzFWEjl.jpg

Oh, and BTW those LW crews have their own headphone texture bmp, I guess they have a different eagle on them.

So, the simple solution, take all your previous mods for sidecaps out of your Z folder before testing the new ones.

All should be well ... now who's ready to ride the party bus ...?

SlnE9yn.jpg

Oh yeah, margaritas all round, let's get this thing rolling!

So forgot to add for anyone else wanting to mess about with these Feldmutze mods - these are the files that you need to create to overwrite the installed originals:

All branches m43 cap mdr and lods
  smod_german_hat-sidecap-lod-1.mdr
  smod_german_hat-sidecap-lod-2.mdr
  smod_german_hat-sidecap-lod-3.mdr
  smod_german_hat-sidecap-lod-4.mdr
  smod_german_hat-sidecap-lod-5.mdr
  smod_german_hat-sidecap.mdr
Heer - Assault gun crew - m43cap
  smod_german_hat-sidecap-asltgun_normal map.bmp
  smod_german_hat-sidecap-asltgun.bmp
Heer - Panzer crew - m43cap
  smod_german_hat-sidecap-tank_normal map.bmp
  smod_german_hat-sidecap-tank.bmp
LW - Assault gun crew - m43cap
  smod_german_lw_hat-sidecap-asltgun 2_normal map.bmp
  smod_german_lw_hat-sidecap-asltgun 2.bmp
  smod_german_lw_hat-sidecap-asltgun_normal map.bmp
  smod_german_lw_hat-sidecap-asltgun.bmp
LW - Panzer crew - m43cap
  smod_german_lw_hat-sidecap-tank_normal map.bmp
  smod_german_lw_hat-sidecap-tank.bmp
SS - Assault gun crew - m43cap
  smod_german_ss_hat-sidecap-asltgun_normal map.bmp
  smod_german_ss_hat-sidecap-asltgun.bmp
SS - Panzer crew - m43cap
  smod_german_ss_hat-sidecap-tank_normal map.bmp
  smod_german_ss_hat-sidecap-tank.bmp

3 hours ago, Falaise said:

yes thank you that's what I ended up doing !!!
the reason is that it mixes the blue and green side cap in the lw unit
the same must be done with the M43
and then it gave me ideas

210429073531149339.jpg

The so-called M42 ... That's nice. Perhaps a version with air vent holes as well, wasn't a standard pattern for these so both styles could be seen as often as not. We'll have a good mix of plain colours and camouflage. 😎 It's a shame we can't make multiple mdrs in the same way as we have BMPs with the game choosing them randomly, would be nice to keep some sidecaps mixed with feldmutze and crumples for officers

On 5/2/2021 at 7:08 AM, Falaise said:

My first attempt to post an old film in gif!

Excellent capture of a cool happening.

Just a little feedback: The gif frame rate seems high.

PS. I'm still out of up-votes otherwise I'd be giving you one.

Edited by IanL

2 hours ago, IanL said:

Excellent capture of a cool happening.

Just a little feedback: The gif frame rate seems high.

PS. I'm still out of up-votes otherwise I'd be giving you one.

I'll give you one !!😉

To be honest I use an online loading program it was the first try,

now I manage to crop them !!

23 hours ago, Falaise said:

I'll give you one !!😉

Thanks - I'm getting caught up...

23 hours ago, Falaise said:

To be honest I use an online loading program it was the first try,

now I manage to crop them !!

Great stuff as usual. I hope you can figure out the cropping. I take it from this comment you are not using my method of using ffmpeg.

As we're all giving each other one (🙄) I have given you one too @Falaise.  Great shots, although the middle one is a little blurry and unrealistic 😄.

I just opened up @Canuck21's 'Changing of the guard' scenario and I was in the midst of some lovely swaying foliage, I think in large part due to @Lucky_Strike's excellent work.  Have I said that before about his work?  Perhaps 😁.

32 minutes ago, Falaise said:

look for the intruder

210513081158487569.jpg

210513081433243371.jpg

210513081159110182.jpg

Woaww Stephan one day you will be yourself lost with your car, and will confuse your way searching on a CM battlefield...pay attention if you listening some weapons noise this will be the time to turn back...

Joking 

I would like to have your complet mod including the little finess that you have added...really beautiful the team work with ami @Lucky_Strike!

it is true that the one in the middle does not look true !!! 😁

it is top the "Changing of the guard" quite the kind of scenario that I like !!!

yes I am worry for my sanity now when I walk in the paths, the slightest engine noise makes me fear the appearance of a panzer 🤪

@Lucky_Strike is really a magician

Edited by Falaise

1 hour ago, Falaise said:

when I walk in the paths, the slightest engine noise makes me fear the appearance of a panzer

When I walk the paths and fields of Somerset I often hear tractors near and far, and imagine how I would have felt listening to enemy tanks in a similar situation in Normandy or elsewhere back in the day.  It's a scary thought even now.

Oddly I usually imagine having a Panzerfaust or Panzerschrek in my hands...

Edited by Vacilllator