CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

3 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Some very cool screenshots.  On the top of your screenshots I noticed you have the words:

PAUSED ESC to continue ALT-Q to Quit etc. 

While watching a play back if you hit SHIFT & ESCAPE the game will pause without showing the words at the top of the screen.  You only have to hit SHIFT & ESCAPE one time.  After that one time you can use the normal pause and the white wording will no longer appear on the top of the screen.

And another new thing I didn't realize!  I take way too many screenshots not to have figured this out either.  I am in the habit of setting the game up with command lines, show all movement, shadows, etc. and then never really looking at those things again.  Thanks for the tip!

1 hour ago, danfrodo said:

What battles are those PhantomCapt?

And glad to see someone else appreciates the lovely and versatile stuart tanks!

I do!  They are amazing infantry support weapons.  

Ok, the 82nd AB pics are from "Out on a Limb".  I'm not positive but I think the first couple of the 101st AB is from the campaign Devil's Descent somewhere but, again, those are the only ones I can't place.  I think it was from something else honestly.  The rest I know for sure.  The last three are from the campaign "Road to Nijmegen".

The first two US Infantry pics, June 7th 44, are from the campaign "Road to Montebourg", it's the second battle Ecoqueneuville.  The last three are from the stand alone battle "Deville".

There are 8 pics of the CW paras, both British and Polish from the battle "Facade Troop"  The train station pic with all the KIA Germans in front changed hands like 4 times during this fight.  Additionally, the Germans really wanted to reinforce that attack across the bridge but uhhh...yeah.  This was a really fun one!  British paras against not top line Luftwaffe troops, but the SS reinforce and counterattack.  By the end I had guys running back to jeeps to get more ammo.  It was was intense.

The pic of the Cromwell and Churchill along with the pics of the regular British infantry are from "Iron Horse Vale".  I really like playing with CW troops as a change of pace and like how you really have to use them differently.

Edited by Phantom Captain

55 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

some really great action shots, you know how to get right down in there  with the troops.  i really like the bridge shots, too.

so who else wants to join the league of cm2 wwii combat photogs?  hell, i'm more gomer pyle than ernie pyle, but it's fun to shoot and fun to share (if i ever post anything that corny again please shoot  'me'...).

cheers,

rob

Or do we alternatively call it, CM Junkies Anonymous.  :) 

10 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

The pic of the Cromwell and Churchill along with the pics of the regular British infantry are from "Iron Horse Vale".  I really like playing with CW troops as a change of pace and like how you really have to use them differently.

Something else we agree on -- playing the Brits and Canadians is great fun.  Brens are better than many think.  And those little mortars are great for taking out MG42s.  If I had 50 of those shells instead of 12 per tube I'd never lose an infantry battle as brits.

8 hours ago, danfrodo said:

Something else we agree on -- playing the Brits and Canadians is great fun.  Brens are better than many think.  And those little mortars are great for taking out MG42s.  If I had 50 of those shells instead of 12 per tube I'd never lose an infantry battle as brits.

Totally agree!  Those mortars are no joke!  I really really like playing as the British Paras too!

• 2 weeks later...

Having a go at this in singleplayer since James and I had to end our PBEM due to mutual time constraints (both of us being teachers, being 7 hours apart and playing a regimental-sized scenario apparently did not occur to us to be an issue...). 

Some shots from the seizure and holding of Hill 203.1. 

Gytz8Yz.png

CP14pNv.png

KMR6zof.png

TThK19O.png

3khSLjz.png

DRlIsnu.png

Q828erD.png

Really itching to play since it's a slow period at work but my laptop is in for repairs. Praying that the replacement parts don't necessitate a reinstallation of Windows. I'll despair if I loss the save data. 

Edited by Rinaldi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/29/2022 at 11:02 PM, quakerparrot67 said:

well, new the holidays are just about over and things are at least a little more back to 'normal',  here's a few 'caps for your  enjoyment.....or not.

pmiyG3Mhp

powF2AKZp

I like yours surviving jeeps tools all is on the right place.

poIJHlmGp

pmXeCTJ3p

Also your minefields that wiil be soon free, but I doubt about the Dragon theeth?

To have a better "sign of destruction" I propose to contact @RockinHarry or @Lucky_Strike I am not sure but I think they discover a way to destruct some elements of CM they were talking a lot about this but not sure that they are realised it ??

pnNsF4ffp

Also nice to see that mods are useful sometime with the helmets  chinstraps and yellow gloves.

Later I will also working on the British Canadian Airborne helmets...

Edit

Just a minut...are the Dragon theeth already in CMFB ???

Can you eventual post a screen of destruct teeth ?

Cheers

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

11 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Edit

Just a minut...are the Dragon theeth already in CMFB ???

Can you eventual post a screen of destruct teeth ?

Cheers

JM

this shot, if i remember correctly, is from the cmbn scenario 'now you enter germany',  i'll have to go back and check if the teeth do 'destruct'- can't recall. i' see what i can do about a screen shot for you.

thank you for  those mods and any other of yours that i'm using,  i am really grateful to you and all the other modders. the game is a much richer environment thanks to your work, individually and collectively.

and thanks for the comments, j.m.

cheers,

rob

16 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

this shot, if i remember correctly, is from the cmbn scenario 'now you enter germany',  i'll have to go back and check if the teeth do 'destruct'- can't recall. i' see what i can do about a screen shot for you.

thank you for  those mods and any other of yours that i'm using,  i am really grateful to you and all the other modders. the game is a much richer environment thanks to your work, individually and collectively.

and thanks for the comments, j.m.

cheers,

rob

CMBN???,... rob, true is because YEIG is playing on the CMFB period, but it was before BFC introduce it as new module, this is why I was thinking this is from CMFB.
Don t worry about a screenshot is not necessary, just enjoy your game.

Is a pleasure to introduce something new when you see that they are used.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...