CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

• 1 month later...

First day of Operation Market Garden; US airborne secure drop zones and eliminate enemy flak units...

(From Mission 2 of the Road to Nijmegen campaign, using plenty of mods and ReShade which really elevates my enjoyment of this timeless classic of a game. So many great little details amongst the chaos.)

GQ1CnT1.png

aXgSWUz.png

SjqHcUv.png

jsWDnfi.png

m4cTUPW.png

1 hour ago, jamxo said:

First day of Operation Market Garden; US airborne secure drop zones and eliminate enemy flak units...

(From Mission 2 of the Road to Nijmegen campaign, using plenty of mods and ReShade which really elevates my enjoyment of this timeless classic of a game. So many great little details amongst the chaos.)

Nice job jamxo, do love a bit of ReShade goodness. Thanks for sharing.

On 10/27/2021 at 4:26 PM, jamxo said:

GQ1CnT1.png

aXgSWUz.png

SjqHcUv.png

jsWDnfi.png

m4cTUPW.png

Holy hell, those shots are amazing. The texture on the AA halftrack and the dead German lying next to the machine gun is stunning. Is this all done just through a reshade? Looks fantastic!

3 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

Holy hell, those shots are amazing. The texture on the AA halftrack and the dead German lying next to the machine gun is stunning. Is this all done just through a reshade? Looks fantastic!

I would say it is 95% thanks to the incredible work of the modders, like you can see on Aris's AA halftrack (just absurd detail really) or Lucky Strikes' borderline photorealistic foliage - my ReShade settings just give it that extra pop. 

Mainly some sharpening bring out the detail in the textures, bit of extra AA to smooth out the picture, tweaking the tones and most importantly in my opinion the colours, and then finishing things off with some grain/depth of field when taking screenshots. 

The only problem is it gets so addictive flying around looking for little vignettes or cool details its slower than ever to play! 

10 minutes ago, jamxo said:

I would say it is 95% thanks to the incredible work of the modders, like you can see on Aris's AA halftrack (just absurd detail really) or Lucky Strikes' borderline photorealistic foliage - my ReShade settings just give it that extra pop. 

Mainly some sharpening bring out the detail in the textures, bit of extra AA to smooth out the picture, tweaking the tones and most importantly in my opinion the colours, and then finishing things off with some grain/depth of field when taking screenshots. 

Thanks for the plug Jamxo. ReShade is amazing tech considering it's completely free. But to get the best out of it takes skill and artistry. Also takes a good eye for a composition which you seem to have in spades.

Interested to know which version of ReShade are you using? I'm always keen to see how others have configured it and what shaders they're using.

20 minutes ago, jamxo said:

The only problem is it gets so addictive flying around looking for little vignettes or cool details its slower than ever to play

Hehe, spent many an hour doing exactly this when making my mods!

9 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Thanks for the plug Jamxo. ReShade is amazing tech considering it's completely free. But to get the best out of it takes skill and artistry. Also takes a good eye for a composition which you seem to have in spades.

Interested to know which version of ReShade are you using? I'm always keen to see how others have configured it and what shaders they're using.

Hehe, spent many an hour doing exactly this when making my mods!

Well I work as a photographer in real life so glad to hear some of that eye for composition carries across haha!

I'm using Reshade 4.8.2. (no explicit reason why that exact version, think it was just the last one I installed at a point where I ended up happy with the settings.)

These are are the shaders/filters I have set up

jP44jZN.png?1

The key ones are:

- UI mask applies this just to the game image, not the UI strip at the bottom

- Cinetools LUT has awesome presets and control over the colours, can really tweak your ideal realistic or war movie look

- Sharpen really gives the textures a pop and makes things look more detailed. 

- Border and DOF is set to hotkeys so can easily toggle on/off as I'm playing if I want to take a screen shot. 

Have attached my preset settings file below although not entirely sure if that helps!

Jam-CM-Day.ini

2 hours ago, jamxo said:

Well I work as a photographer in real life so glad to hear some of that eye for composition carries across haha!

I'm using Reshade 4.8.2. (no explicit reason why that exact version, think it was just the last one I installed at a point where I ended up happy with the settings.)

These are are the shaders/filters I have set up

jP44jZN.png?1

The key ones are:

- UI mask applies this just to the game image, not the UI strip at the bottom

- Cinetools LUT has awesome presets and control over the colours, can really tweak your ideal realistic or war movie look

- Sharpen really gives the textures a pop and makes things look more detailed. 

- Border and DOF is set to hotkeys so can easily toggle on/off as I'm playing if I want to take a screen shot. 

Have attached my preset settings file below although not entirely sure if that helps!

Jam-CM-Day.ini 26.82 kB · 1 download

Thanks Jamxo. I haven't checked in a while but I think I'm on a slightly earlier version. Always a bit weary of updating ReShade for fear of crippling well crafted settings. Must spend some more time in it to get over fear of updates ...

I recognise plenty of your shaders. I was going to try and release my ini presets with my mods so players could easily recreate the "look" for themselves, but this does so depend on what version/shaders they have installed.

I'll take your preset for a spin when I get to my desk, many thanks for that.

On 10/27/2021 at 3:26 PM, jamxo said:

GQ1CnT1.png

aXgSWUz.png

SjqHcUv.png

jsWDnfi.png

m4cTUPW.png

Wow, these look incredible, if you told me this was some new strategy game that had just came out I'd believe you. Amazing what mods and a good reshade profile can do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Falaise said:

great decals
by chance I was wondering yesterday, yes yesterday !! when the 8th hussar received some Challenger, did he have them in normandy?

may  1945 (the second)

mrt7.jpg

Challengers would have started filtering into units much sooner than people would assume; the first 'frontline-ready' ones would have been ready to go in March 44 and I believe by August they would've been in the 8th Hussars and Welsh Guards. I don't know if the 2nd Northamptonshire's and 15/19th KR Hussars ever got them during Normandy and I imagine the former's disbanding might have complicated the supply chain somewhat. 

I have also been led to understand that the 'line' regiments of armour in the 7th might have received a few Challengers in lieu of Fireflies starting in early 45, but I am personally sceptical of that. 

From what I hear, the lads that got the tanks thought them horrid abominations...right up until they took them into combat. Suddenly they were the bee's knees.  

20 minutes ago, Rinaldi said:

Challengers would have started filtering into units much sooner than people would assume; the first 'frontline-ready' ones would have been ready to go in March 44 and I believe by August they would've been in the 8th Hussars and Welsh Guards. I don't know if the 2nd Northamptonshire's and 15/19th KR Hussars ever got them during Normandy and I imagine the former's disbanding might have complicated the supply chain somewhat. 

I have also been led to understand that the 'line' regiments of armour in the 7th might have received a few Challengers in lieu of Fireflies starting in early 45, but I am personally sceptical of that. 

From what I hear, the lads that got the tanks thought them horrid abominations...right up until they took them into combat. Suddenly they were the bee's knees.  

yes the 11th received Challengers!
on the other hand I do not know which regiment
2nd Northamptonshire Yeomanry ou15 / 19th The King's Royal Hussars, I find contradictory information on the date of the change of unit
This photo was made in Flers on August 16

6avk.jpg

Edited by Falaise

On 11/24/2021 at 7:35 PM, Rinaldi said:

Challengers would have started filtering into units much sooner than people would assume; the first 'frontline-ready' ones would have been ready to go in March 44 and I believe by August they would've been in the 8th Hussars and Welsh Guards.

I seem to remember reading that Challengers were available at the time of the landings, but something, possibly their length made Fireflies a better bet for AFVs in the initial waves.

PS - Quick check on Wiki reveals the issue:

"No provision was made for deep wading, before the design went into production; as a result, the A30 could not be landed in the initial phase of the Allied invasion of Normandy. Challenger crews had to wait until July 1944, when Mulberry harbours were operational and ports had been captured."

PPS - This:

"The 10 issued to the 11th Armoured Division appear to have finally caught up with the division in late July or early August 1944 and were initially issued to the 2nd Northamptonshire Yeomanry Divisional Armoured Recce Regiment, then to the replacement 15th/19th The King's Royal Hussars from August 17th 1944. In service, they proved popular and their crews preferred them to the Firefly for their speed and agility. It is also worth noting that for all the Challenger had a very high turret, overall the Firefly was about the same height."